Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match after match of women main eventing on ppvs have sucked.

The only two good women ppv main events I can recall are Charlotte vs Sasha Hell In A Cell and TLC triple threat with Asuka, Charlotte, and Becky.

This womens chamber this year was one of the worse EC matches in recent memory.

Cant really blame this on Shayna. It was how they booked Shayna to run through everybody in a short time span leaving us with no action, Twice.

Asuka and Shayna should have fought longer. They should have given Asuka the Santino/Kofi Kingston treatment in that you knew Shayna was gonna win but for a brief moment cause Asuka is fighting so hard you believe maybe Asuka will pull it off.

They should have A. Either have Asuka fight like hell to get out of the submission but fail or B. She successfully gets out if the hold and they fight a little longer. Build Asuka up for a great rivarly later with Shayna for the title.

Pre Shayna was good. Shayna coming in went downhill. Whoever laid out this match should be questioned if they should continue further in this role

·
The Babyface of WF
11,595 Posts
The match was doomed to fail the moment it was announced, The purpose was to make Shayna a nigh unstoppable beast and a worthy opponent for The Man at WM but yes it was a terrible choice to go on last.

·
Premium Member
16,889 Posts
If most of WWE's main events weren't such crap I'd agree. But, there are few good PPV main events in WWE anymore. I wouldn't blame the women. The booking results were fine by me, but how we got there was boring. I was looking at my phone the whole time.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Match after match of women main eventing on ppvs have sucked.

The only two good women ppv main events I can recall are Charlotte vs Sasha Hell In A Cell and TLC triple threat with Asuka, Charlotte, and Becky.

This womens chamber this year was one of the worse EC matches in recent memory.

Cant really blame this on Shayna. It was how they booked Shayna to run through everybody in a short time span leaving us with no action, Twice.

Asuka and Shayna should have fought longer. They should have given Asuka the Santino/Kofi Kingston treatment in that you knew Shayna was gonna win but for a brief moment cause Asuka is fighting so hard you believe maybe Asuka will pull it off.

They should have A. Either have Asuka fight like hell to get out of the submission but fail or B. She successfully gets out if the hold and they fight a little longer. Build Asuka up for a great rivarly later with Shayna for the title.

Pre Shayna was good. Shayna coming in went downhill. Whoever laid out this match should be questioned if they should continue further in this role
Why?

Asuka is a heel and current tag team champion, Asuka and Kairi should focus on defending its titles. Santino and Kofi were both underdog babyface acts and both received an immediate reward for its performance: Santino the USA championship and Kofi his big WM win.

All these title chances for Asuka the only thing they do is devalue Kairi more and more, kayfabe she is not even Sarah Logan good enough to get a shot at the Women's title.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Not really fair to place the blame on women. WWE has some very good female wrestlers; Asuka, Kairi, Shirai, Ember Moon. Shayna Bazler is a decent performer in her own right.

The problem is with the WWE's booking. Why was there a need to put an already injured Asuka into an EC match?

I personally think that Botchy Becky and Ms. Botches-A-Lotte should be on pre-shows. Build a proper match between Asuka and Bazler for the title where both performers are healthy. Put them on a ME of a major PPV, let the WWE Creative morons & Vince out of it and I guarantee you they will tear the house down.

·
Premium Member
43,881 Posts
I didn't watch the match or the PPV, so I can't really judge it on its own.

But it seems like the bloom is off the rose and what was once exciting and different (putting the women in the main event) has become so common that people are no longer impressed by it. The intrigue and freshness it once had can no longer cover up for any deficiencies, whether that be the faults of the talents or creative.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,723 Posts
The problem was the booking, not the talent.

1.) Shayna should have come out last before dominating.
2.) Asuka shouldn't have looked so weak. Asuka vs Shayna could have fought for 12-15 minutes.
3.) The Riott Squad could have been allowed to tell a better story. Liv Morgan could have been used better. Why must you make all your women look weak?
4.) Natalya could have gotten more offense in.

The match didn't have to suck. They could have gotten a lot done in the match before having Shayna come in last and clean house. Ruby Riott is awesome in the ring and they made her look like a novice. Why not let Liv strut her stuff? They could have used the chamber as a smokescreen to make up for the inabilities of women like Sarah Logan. I mean that's what its there for. Then we could have had a great ending with Asuka vs Shayna. Blame WWE and their brain dead booking. There's no reason this couldn't have been a 3-star match at the very least. Instead they opted to go for negative stars.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
How good can it possibly be with the likes of Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan in there, and really all of them there just to make Bazler look good. Terrible EC match, wasn't needed or wanted.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
It's not curse if it prepare well, but to think why Shayna need this match while there's no reason for her to win the number one contender match is still debatable

·
Registered
857 Posts
Imagine a Smackdown Women’s Elimination chamber number one contenders match winner faces Bayley for WWE Smackdown Woman’s Championship at Wrestlemaina 36.

Alexa Bliss vs Soyna Deville vs Naomi vs Lacey Evans vs Nikki Cross vs Sasha Banks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Main Events are often boring, and I'm talking about the men's matches.
Why blame the women whenever something doesn't suit you

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,028 Posts
it reminded me of playing smackdown vs raw the original on ps2 where i would choose to enter 1st, eliminate everyone in 10 seconds so have a few minutes break, and then would have the whole ring to myself and one other opponent at the end lol

·
The face that runs the List
10,511 Posts
Just watched it, this is not how to end a PPV. This was a predictable glorified squash match and it shouldn't have been the last thing people saw before going home. Hell, at this point I'd rather see another Corbin/Reigns match as the main event.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
I agree, except for the Asuka part. She is a heel. I think Liv should have got the Kofi treatment, She needed it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
People just need to start leaving their seats when women main event PPV. Honestly, we thought EC were bad back in late 00-s but this is just a disaster.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,962 Posts
If you've been paying attention for awhile now, the bloom has slowly but surely started to come off the rose with women's wrestling in WWE and the women main-eventing.

Tonight's "match" was a combination of negative factors. Terribly booked match, talents that seemed lost at times throughout the match, some talents that shouldn't have been in the match to begin with, and the Shayna thing clearly isn't working as well as they hoped it would. She's definitely going over at WM, though. WWE pushing a wrestler to the point where they're going to be portrayed as dominant but it not working with the fans hasn't stopped Vince in the recent past from having that wrestler go over at WM for a title or not and it's not gonna stop him this year, either.

But Shayna aside, this issue with women main-eventing PPVs and the crowds turning on them isn't new. As someone else said above, the bloom has come off the rose with that and WWE is going to be forced to readjust again or they risk getting more women and more women's matches booed and hijacked in the future.

It was never going to last forever. And AEW's awful booking of their awful women's division kind of gives WWE a weird cushion in a roundabout way especially when you consider WWE has had women main event a bunch of times over the past year. It was never going to last forever for anyone that truly knows how Vince works and has paid attention to his booking for decades now. I'm just looking forward to see how he transitions the women's division to being lower on the totem pole than it's been for a couple of years now. It won't be at Diva's levels of irrelevance. But it's not going to be where it's been for 2 years now, either. How Vince transitions the women's division to lower on the card is going to be extremely fascinating to me.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Well this one was mostly due to crap booking. Everyone knew that Shayna was going to win, they didn't even try to pretend in the buildup that the other women mattered.

And once again WWE gets tunnel vision and cannot build more than 1 or 2 people at a time. And they end up screwing over entire divisions for the sake of one match. They keep doing it and its so short sighted.

The sad part is, even if Shayne wins, she'll have no one to feud with post-Mania because they just had her crush all of her potential challengers at once with ease.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts