Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I'd love to know, for sure, just exactly what kind of gimmick/character Sheamus would roll with given 100% freedom to make his own choices. I really would.
A true Celtic Warrior, instead of a generic face/heel with celtic crosses in his attire. When he was Sheamus O'Shaunessy, he had his own blog where he wrote about his character as some ancient hero who is cursed by an Celtic god, fall sleep and awakes in our era or something like that. He carried weapons(axes, swords) in his entrances, a cape, used warpaint... I can understand the mythic aspect of the character is too much for WWE(well, he's as over the top as Undertaker or Kane, if not more) but in WWE he could be just the barbaric guy inspired by Celtic mythology and culture, who inherites the will of the ancient warriors or something.

But you know, it's WWE. If you have not an over the top gimmicks that trascends being heel or face (again; Kane, Undertaker or even Goldust) you only have two options: smiling babyface and bully-if you are big- or swormy-if you are not- heel.

You can check out Sheamus O'Shaunessy blog below.
http://www.sosofficial.com/

That said, I'm a fan of Sheamus too. I don't see how people say he has no charisma and then they love Neville or Cesaro. Sheamus has an unique look, a great moveset and I think the guy is charismatic whe given the opportunity.

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
Hitting people hard means nothing.

The guy has literally the same match with everyone. It's completely predictable. He has two faces when he talks, generic emotionless waxfigure and squinty eyed waxfigure.

The guy has been pushed constantly and yet the most memorable match he's had is with Punk on Main Event.

He's terrible.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just think they need to go all out with his character. Perhaps have him even start an Irish stable with Finn Balor and Becky Lynch. With maybe Finlay as a manager. I'm sure someone has already said this, but still.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
I don't hate him really, but the idea of him as WWE champion sounds awful. He's a good mid carder but he shouldn't be anything more.

·
Buried SCOTT STEINER
6,532 Posts
OP is somewhat right. Sheamus's booking is just as bad as anyone else on the roster right now. He's Mr. Money in the Bank, yet he's been stuck in a meaningless feud with Randy Orton, which resulted in endless rematches between the two, and he's just floating around in the midcard right now without any promos or storylines.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Dude is one of the absolute best in the company and the haters are too blind to see it. Sheamus is the best brawler around and will give us amazing matches as champion. He also looks like a real man, which will do wonders for the image of the WWEWHC after Seth destroyed its prestige.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I feel like he has been unfairly demonized and scapegoated when everyone else gets the "bad booking" excuse. Sheamus has a tremendous physique. He looks like a throwback to the days when wrestlers looked like wrestlers and yet he is a very good wrestler with an interesting smash mouth move set. His rope punching is hard to watch. It looks brutal and far better than Blandy Boreton doing DDT #1024343 and he is a good wrestler. Would like to see him add one or two more power moves to his arsenal. Perhaps a jackknife powerbomb and a submission finisher but other than that he is a freshing change from Ziggler et al doing acrobatic and unbelievable moves nonstop.

I also think his hair and beard suits him.

I hate to go down the "bad booking" route but WWE just needs to learn to get on with it and go through with their pushes rather than putting guys in meaningless feuds over nothing and just put Sheamus straight into the title picture. If they had him comeback and just smash and destroy everybody and trash Rollins, Lesnar style, then he would be a top heel.

TL;DR

STOP BASHING SHEAMUS.
you lost me here :bored

·
None but ourselves
3,430 Posts
No, he's very much the victim of shitty booking and lack of direction/character. I never look forward to seeing him on my screen and I feel like he's permanently ruined now.

Remember that just because you've spotted a bunch of people saying he sucks, doesn't mean most people don't get by now that WWE is where careers come to die.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts