Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about D'Bryan booking. I mean you can love him, you can hate him but if you decide to put MITB briefcase in his hand you should put some focus on him, give him match and promo time, establish him. Otherwise you completely kill the credibility of both MITB and the WHW title. It looks that the only thing the guys in the creative think of is how to book Orton strongly.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'd like the daniel bryan whining to stop lol. But ther is a enough time to build him up. All he need to do is look strong by january until mania. Also if he beats orton or Henry cleanly at mania it will build him up just by that. I mean i gotta be honest I hate when wrestlers look unbeatable. It gets boring after a while (Mark Henry). Now I'm not syaing they should lose a lot just once in a while. I thunk Bryan will be fine because he has the briefcase

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Smackdown has just been coasting every wrestler not named Henry, Orton, Sheamus, Christian or Rhodes. It really is a five man show. No direction for anyone.

·
Pico pal q lee
3,092 Posts
It's a long time from now till Mania. They have time to build him.
That seems to be the attitude that Vince and co. have but it's just a lazy and dangerous thing to do. How can anyone think that a possible WM "maineventer" who is not very over, has been presented as a lovable nerd/loser for months and is not very well known to the majority of your audience can afford being booked like a nobody for months?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'd like the daniel bryan whining to stop lol. But ther is a enough time to build him up. All he need to do is look strong by january until mania. Also if he beats orton or Henry cleanly at mania it will build him up just by that. I mean i gotta be honest I hate when wrestlers look unbeatable. It gets boring after a while (Mark Henry). Now I'm not syaing they should lose a lot just once in a while. I thunk Bryan will be fine because he has the briefcase
fpalm

A good build up requires at least 8 months. 1 year would make it the best. Exactly why sheamus or del rio was/aren't over. Sheamus is but it's been almost 2 years since his 1st wwe title win. People are so idiotic with this "it'll be okay" mentality.

Bryan SHOULD be kicking some heads in, but all he's doing is working dark matches.

I still think he will win the strap at mania, but you need to build him up properly.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
The focus needs to be less on Orton & Henry.

There is no reason for not giving guys like Bryan and Barrett time to build. Why have an irrelevant 'from the vault' match when you could be using that time to build new stars.

I don't get it.

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
I can understand you have to get other people on the show so Bryan takes a backseat from wrestling but the least wwe could do was have him cut a promo or have an altercation with Henry.Just something to help build his character and give his fans something to feel excited about.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Smackdown has just been coasting every wrestler not named Henry, Orton, Sheamus, Christian or Rhodes. It really is a five man show. No direction for anyone.
Yeah, it's pretty sad when Raw - the show infamously known for burying talent - is making more use of it's roster than SmackDown is.

I blame the "Supershow" concept. It's basically made WWE programming 2/3 Raw and 1/3 SmackDown, rather than half and half. We keep seeing the same 5-10 people on both shows every week, and to hell with everyone else.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty sad when Raw - the show infamously known for burying talent - is making more use of it's roster than SmackDown is.

I blame the "Supershow" concept. It's basically made WWE programming 2/3 Raw and 1/3 SmackDown, rather than half and half. We keep seeing the same 5-10 people on both shows every week, and to hell with everyone else.
And yet people still break out the trumpets and balloons at the notion of ending the brand split. (Whatever little split remains.)

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
And yet people still break out the trumpets and balloons at the notion of ending the brand split. (Whatever little split remains.)
I don't think alot of the people that want the brand split to end realize that if it were to ever happen:

#1 - Half the fucking roster would be released almost immediately - including several Superstars and / or Divas that they are fans of.

and

#2 - We REALLY WOULD be watching the same 10 people face each other over and over again.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
They gave him the briefcase and they took away the microphone and the televised matches. What sense does that make? Even if he loses, he can lose like he did to Del Rio, with some wins. There are many, many more dumb things that somebody can do on a 90 minute program than let the MITB holder talk or wrestle for 5 or 10 minutes. Like oh, Great Khali anything.

They let the cat out of the bag by saying he'd challenge at WM. Part of the fun is never really knowing when the cash in is going to take place. Show Daniel Bryan getting better, getting wins, maybe holding a secondary belt for a while, teasing a cash in, but always stopping. "The time isn't right yet." "Sooner or later, but not yet." Then Road To WrestleMania, oh hey. It'll be time to kick some heads in.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
I don't think alot of the people that want the brand split to end realize that if it were to ever happen:

#1 - Half the fucking roster would be released almost immediately - including several Superstars and / or Divas that they are fans of.

and

#2 - We REALLY WOULD be watching the same 10 people face each other over and over again.
"If the brand split goes, they'll have to push JTG!"

They gave him the briefcase and they took away the microphone and the televised matches. What sense does that make? Even if he loses, he can lose like he did to Del Rio, with some wins. There are many, many more dumb things that somebody can do on a 90 minute program than let the MITB holder talk or wrestle for 5 or 10 minutes. Like oh, Great Khali anything.

They let the cat out of the bag by saying he'd challenge at WM. Part of the fun is never really knowing when the cash in is going to take place. Show Daniel Bryan getting better, getting wins, maybe holding a secondary belt for a while, teasing a cash in, but always stopping. "The time isn't right yet." "Sooner or later, but not yet." Then Road To WrestleMania, oh hey. It'll be time to kick some heads in.
WWE's push of Bryan revolves around him being "lucky" - he won the briefcase because he was in the right spot, not because he was the most talented guy in there. So if they let him wrestle long matches, they risk letting people see how good he is. (They gave him three reasonably lengthy matches against Christian and Del Rio, then quickly cut him off.) On the other hand, if they kept letting him wrestle, but losing in three minutes (see his Sin Cara matches), then they're just ruining their briefcase holder.

So, their genius solution is to just hide him on NXT where he can look as good as he wants, safe in the knowledge that 12 people will ever see, and two of those are commentating.

·
Registered
977 Posts

and

Going off my own memory (biased obviously haha) we NOW have the same amount or even LESS wrestlers than in the AE, surely? Mainly due to the prevalence of tag-teams, mind.

The important thing is that back then WWF had a back-catalogue of STARS (even down in the midcard). The WWE now only has a couple stars in the ME. Cutting the chaff and promoting the wheat could be the way to go to a better product imo.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
It's pretty terrible. I guess, going by the observer report, that they are still considering going with him for the WM WHC match with is pretty shocking given how he's been booked. I figured they'd already ditched that idea entirely. Even if he does end up in the WM main event, the booking is still indefensible. It makes the PPV look horrible (why should a pay to see a guy win on PPV when he's not going to be on TV for months at a time?), it makes holding the MITB briefcase look rather useless (How does not appearing on TV make being Mr. MITB look like a big deal?), and it even makes the WHC look like shit by proxy (If the MITB winner is presumably your next champion, and your next champion is only good enough to appear on NXT, then why the fuck should I care about this belt?).

And for those saying "They still have time" well, first of all they don't really have a lot of time; and second, why the hell should time even be an issue? If you just pushed him from MITB on, you wouldn't have to worry about whether or not you'd be able to get him Main Event credibility by the time WM rolled around because he'd already have it. Why make your job of getting him over by WM more difficult than it has to be?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
They need to start his push soon, start building his crediblity preferably before survivor series.

Have bryan on a survivor series team and have him as one of the last people standing. Since it looks like we are going to have a WWE vs. Anti WWE survivor series match having bryan on the pro wwe team would be an excellent start.

I'd have bryan after each ppv title match starting preferably at vengance reminding the champ that he has the money in the bank. If henry holds the title for a while(which it looks like he's going to do) have bryan remind him so he can get a face pop.

Build bryan up from survivor series, give him promo time and have him win some damn matches.
Let bryan have a great showing in the rumble, have him be in the final 4, but not win. I think punk's winning the rumble.

After the whc ec match have bryan walk down to the ring and cut a promo telling him about how hard he's worked, how it's his dream to win the whc, and that he's winning the whc at wrestlemania.

Hopefully the champ is a heel and not orton or sheamus. We could have an incredible boyhood dream storyline with bryan, and the ultimate underdog story with bryan.

Bryan's perfect opponent is henry, because of how henry's being built as this unstoppable monster and bryan can work wonders with henry. Bryan plays an incredible underdog face-his match with morishima at manhattan mayhem comes to mind.

Having bryan go over clean over the biggest monster heel in the wwe would do wonders and create a new big time face and would genuinely be a wrestlemania moment.

We haven't had a true wrestlemania moment since eddie and benoit, this could be one of those moments. Hell i'd have regal and punk come out and congratulate him on his title win.
Regal's his trainer and punk's got roh history with dragon.

Just don't screw this up wwe, you have a potentially amazing storyline with danielson.....please don't fuck it up

·
Banned
452 Posts

and

To #1......

Half the roster released? How old are you with this nonsense?

To #2.....

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of seeing uninspired efforts in the ring and having competition amongst the roster for TV time gives THE FANS their best effort night in and night out.

Make 'em work for it.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
They're purposely making you forget about him. You know why...?

When he cashes-in it'll be completely surprising or completely accepted (announced cash-in at Wrestlemania), and his current 2131354165-match losing streak doesn't matter at this point because...

- If they follow through with the Mania cash-in, you better believe they'll build him during the Road to Wrestlemania.
- If they don't build him, who cares? Would you doubt him ability-wise as Champion? The promos, sure. He doesn't have to talk. Go heel before the cash-in.
- In the case of a surprise cash-in (pre- or post-Mania) any submission he uses will definitely be the undeniably acceptable moment of defeat especially once the Champion is vulnerable, so no credibility problems there.

There's only one issue here: If they decide to make him lose. :lmao Then, none of this matters.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts