1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
It was so beautiful, wasn't it?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
They had Show and Kane literally dump the bodies of Ambrose, Ziggler and Wyatt (all should have won) over the top rope, before Reigns was made to look strong against Show, Kane, and Rusev. Fucking make them take notice.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Wyatt eliminating 8 wrestlers is now called jobbed. This is why the IWC doesn't have any credibility and Vince is laughing his ass off. WWE will not go bankrupt because some indy marks says so on the internet. The casuals are there and they enjoy WWE unlike some of you nerds.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing to do with Wyatt mate. Everything to do with how they eliminated and paved the way for the Look.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wyatt eliminating 8 wrestlers is now called jobbed. This is why the IWC doesn't have any credibility and Vince is laughing his ass off. WWE will not go bankrupt because some indy marks says so on the internet. The casuals are there and they enjoy WWE unlike some of you nerds.
Yeah, he is laughing his ass off at WWE stock dropping in price and a #1 worldwide trend that is basically demanding people boycott the WWE netowrk which is already doing poorly as it is.

Must be a comical environment at WWE headquarters right, buddy?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stop being so dramatic.

You'll all be watching tomorrow night so don't even act like there's going to be some sort of uprising.

·
C Mac G
6,498 Posts
The weird thing is, they were pushing Wyatt hard, and then made him look like a TOTAL geek. As they also did with Rusev, Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan. Rusev was fucking stupid, he was resting the whole time outside, then comes in, gets speared like a geek, and gets tossed out.

·
Registered
21,667 Posts
There seems to be this ideology with male wrestling fans ages 18-30 that they need to have their voices heard and be a part of the show. It all stems from ECW and how that audience was praised by everyone for being unique and adding an extra dimension to the product.

See the key part of that sentence is the bit where they add something to the show. The current WWE audience takes away from the show when they decide they want their voices heard.

WWE had 3 options in my opinion last night. They could have given Daniel Bryan the win, a guy with no momentum going into it and a guy coming off a pretty severe injury. They could have had John Cena win the Rumble (and put somebody else in the triple threat) giving us another Cena WrestleMania main event. Or they can go for the new guy who seems destined for glory, Roman Reigns. They went with Reigns and the fans shit all over it because it wasn't who they wanted (which probably would have been a mistake, anyway.)

The interesting part of all of this is that April 2014, everybody was already predicting Lesnar vs Reigns for this years WrestleMania and everybody seemed fine with it. Now we're closer to the event, the fans have decided to turn against him. This leaves the fans with 2 choices, they either get with the programme. They buy a ticket and they go see the event, knowing he's going to win. Or they vote with their money and say "no, I don't want to see this guy win, so I'm not going."

Instead they choose to go, knowing this guy is the likely winner, so they can have their voices heard, be a part of the show and take away from the product. Does this make me proud to be a wrestling fan? Or does it make me ashamed to tell people I'm a wrestling fan?

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
There seems to be this ideology with male wrestling fans ages 18-30 that they need to have their voices heard and be a part of the show. It all stems from ECW and how that audience was praised by everyone for being unique and adding an extra dimension to the product.

See the key part of that sentence is the bit where they add something to the show. The current WWE audience takes away from the show when they decide they want their voices heard.

WWE had 3 options in my opinion last night. They could have given Daniel Bryan the win, a guy with no momentum going into it and a guy coming off a pretty severe injury. They could have had John Cena win the Rumble (and put somebody else in the triple threat) giving us another Cena WrestleMania main event. Or they can go for the new guy who seems destined for glory, Roman Reigns. They went with Reigns and the fans shit all over it because it wasn't who they wanted (which probably would have been a mistake, anyway.)

The interesting part of all of this is that April 2014, everybody was already predicting Lesnar vs Reigns for this years WrestleMania and everybody seemed fine with it. Now we're closer to the event, the fans have decided to turn against him. This leaves the fans with 2 choices, they either get with the programme. They buy a ticket and they go see the event, knowing he's going to win. Or they vote with their money and say "no, I don't want to see this guy win, so I'm not going."

Instead they choose to go, knowing this guy is the likely winner, so they can have their voices heard, be a part of the show and take away from the product. Does this make me proud to be a wrestling fan? Or does it make me ashamed to tell people I'm a wrestling fan?
Its called capitalism. If we support the company economically then yes we have a voice. Fans who paid for tickets can chant or say whatever the fuck they want. They didn't like what they saw. So they booed. They didn't go specifically for Reigns, they went to see the rumble.

Don't get what your problem is.

·
Registered
21,667 Posts
Its called capitalism. If we support the company economically then yes we have a voice. Fans who paid for tickets can chant or say whatever the fuck they want. They didn't like what they saw. So they booed. They didn't go specifically for Reigns, they went to see the rumble.

Don't get what your problem is.
My problem is not that they boo, it's the thought process behind it. It kinda goes something like this...

*We think Roman Reigns will win the Royal Rumble
*Hey I think I'll buy a ticket to the Royal Rumble.
*Wait a minute, I think Roman Reigns is going to win the Royal Rumble
*Boooooooooooo

There is a reason I don't go and watch things that I know I won't like. I'd be miserables during it and I would spoil the experience for those around me. This is what those fans chose to do last night.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts