Wrestling Forum banner

Im pretty sure a match between legend killer orton vs the rock would be a classic

2767 Views 36 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Austin & DX
and absolutely better than cm punk vs the rock, orton is bigger star than punk quite frankly . orton has faced a lot of great legends , he fought hulk hogan in 2006, hbk,. flair, HHH, goldberg,undertaker, except the rock and stone cold, buT I would love to see randy orton vs the rock, for me is a dream match, my two favorite wreslers. one o one I hope this match take place in the future
Reactions: Choke2Death
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
I was watching RAW yesterday, I tought to myself, if they could find a way to turn this into a Orton vs Rock match at the Rumble, that would be a great in ring match imo. At the Rumble, would be perfect.

I'd love to see a solid match from them.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
nope, Orton has bad mic skills, the feud would be bland. Whereas Punk can make it really interesting.

· Registered
9,473 Posts
Rock stuff is about humiliate his rivals on the mic, Orton is the more direct type that just wrestle them; less talk more RKO...maybe it would be a entertaining mini feud but with Rocky limited appearances I hope Punk feud him instead of Orton.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
Fuck yes.

I've been "lobbying" for this match to happen at WM 29. A smartly booked feud, with some minor adjustments to the characters of both men = epic win, and even more validation for Orton.

Too bad my lobbying is worth squat, since I am not Taker, HHH, HBK or someone like that. :lol

· Banned
175 Posts
A feud with Orton and Rock would be way too one sided IMO.

And Orton IS NOT a bigger star than Punk.
Yes he is. He's still way ahead of Punk.

Unlike Punk he actually drew several 4.0 + ratings as a champion and still gets louder ovations than Punk does.

As for a Rock - Orton feud, it will great as long as one of them is a heel. It will break records like Rock - Cena at WM 28

· Nah, I’m your king now.
4,272 Posts
Yes he is. He's still way ahead of Punk.

Unlike Punk he actually drew several 4.0 + ratings as a champion and still gets louder ovations than Punk does.

As for a Rock - Orton feud, it will great as long as one of them is a heel. It will break records like Rock - Cena at WM 28
Why is this still up for debate?

The only reason you're denying this is because you don't like Punk.

· Registered
23,172 Posts
It would be great. At least Orton will offer something more than "DUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!1". As their first confrontation back in 2004 showed, Orton and Rock do have a bit of chemistry that would make it a great feud. Plus 3rd generation vs 3rd generation star.

Why is this still up for debate?

The only reason you're denying this is because you don't like Punk.
What exactly is being denied? Punk never getting ratings higher than Orton in his peak is a fact.

· Registered
23,172 Posts
I don't see what Orton bringing in ratings from 2009 has to do with Punk being a bigger star than he is now.
A star brings in ratings. Orton has done it in the past and Punk never has. Therefore Orton > Punk. And the only reason Punk is a "bigger star" than Orton at the moment is because he is being pushed whereas Orton is helping putting over heels in need of it and spends as much time away from the TV as he is on it (suspension, injuries, movies etc), not to mention has not been given a real storyline in like a year. (that garbage with Kane and Barrett should not pass off as a "storyline") The moment they start pushing Orton again and giving him angles that they have put some effort into, he'll instantly reclaim his #2 spot that he had last year. Just look how over he remains even after being lowered into a midcarder. If they did that with Punk, he would go back to wherever he was around 2010 when Big Show was making a joke out of him.

In relation to the star thing, they could even make Punk seem bigger than Cena similarly by giving Cena irrelevant, random matches as his only TV time weekly like they have with Orton, like how they did with that Miz match last night.

· Butter My Arse
16,410 Posts
Orton also had the advantage of being in the right place at the right time. He was given the gimmick of someone who attacks and embarrasses legends. Aligned with the most over guy in the company (Triple H). Given high profile feuds with Mick Foley, The Undertaker etc. All because he basically had 'the look'. To his credit he performed up to the correct standards and made a name for himself. This is why Orton was bringing in dem ratignns!!!!1 in 2009 or so.

In comparison CM Punk hasn't really been given much to work with. WWE is probably at it's weakest point right now since god knows when, and all of it's major stars have either retired, moved on, or are part timers. However, the biggest star in the business - The Rock - has agreed to work with Punk. Rock obviously sees something in Punk, and it's only after this feud has ended will we know if Punk has what it takes to be seen as a 'star'.

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
I would’ve welcomed a Rock/Orton feud if it was 2004 when Orton was still red hot with his Legend Killer gimmick. Now? not so much, it will be too one sided as someone else mentioned. Orton will be humiliated non stop unless they just straight up and have a match with no promo/backstage/storyline or anything like that. Orton can NOT hold his own with Dwayne on the microphone.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
IMO, I'd agree with Orton simply being more of a guy for the casuals and having that kind of charisma, while Punk will eternally will be more for the smark crowds.

As for how they performed when they got on top: Yeah, Orton did better, no?

As for who is in a better position now: Punk, obviously.

· Banned
468 Posts
The idea is good/decent and the atmosphere will be too, but the promos will suck and the chemistry in the ring will not be great. The storyline will be interesting in papers but it will not let Orton draw big in SD as he will be there way in or another in the future if it happened, maybe ratings will be 1.57, 1.6, 1.7 as his previous numbers when he was the champ in SD (One or if lowest ratings ever). He should change his character and develop way more on the mic to make this work.

· Registered
1,478 Posts
No one can go head to head with Rock on the mic so that argument doesnt work,I would love this feud to happen im sure they will deliver.

And punk is not bigger than orton sorry marks

· Nah, I’m your king now.
4,272 Posts
A star brings in ratings. Orton has done it in the past and Punk never has. Therefore Orton > Punk. And the only reason Punk is a "bigger star" than Orton at the moment is because he is being pushed whereas Orton is helping putting over heels in need of it and spends as much time away from the TV as he is on it (suspension, injuries, movies etc), not to mention has not been given a real storyline in like a year. (that garbage with Kane and Barrett should not pass off as a "storyline") The moment they start pushing Orton again and giving him angles that they have put some effort into, he'll instantly reclaim his #2 spot that he had last year. Just look how over he remains even after being lowered into a midcarder. If they did that with Punk, he would go back to wherever he was around 2010 when Big Show was making a joke out of him.

In relation to the star thing, they could even make Punk seem bigger than Cena similarly by giving Cena irrelevant, random matches as his only TV time weekly like they have with Orton, like how they did with that Miz match last night.
Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry brought in higher ratings on Smackdown than Orton did as champion. Does that mean that they're bigger stars?

I don't think you can compare Orton's 2009 run to Punk's current run to be honest. The WWE audience was larger and Orton had guys like Triple H, HBK, Cena, Taker, and even Vince (occasionally) to help boost ratings.

Punk has Cena.

Orton's 2010 didn't do as well as his 2009 run because like Punk, he only had Cena.

And I really doubt Orton would take back his #2 that easily.

Mark much?

orton is still better punk, everything stated before is true.

Currently, Punk has more Credibility then orton, but orton is a much bigger star with the casuals, which makes the most money.
This has nothing to do with Punk being my favorite.

I am capable of putting my bias aside for a discussion like this.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.