Wrestling Forum banner

Im now a return viewer because of the Rumble!

512 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  XxPunkxX
Right then, i havent watched WWE in a couple of years, as ive been watching TNA. However having getting sick of TNA last year i havent watched any wrestling since. But when i saw the advert for the '40 man Royal Rumble' (which of course was always my favorite ppv as a kid) i thought "fuck it ill give that a go"

And ive got to say...that was one of the best ppv events ive seen in a very long time!

The first match between Edge and Dolf Ziggler(sp?) was a quality way to open the event imo. Although i havent seen WWE in ages, i could feel the heat between them and the crowd, and was gripped by the action. I thought the pace of the match was perfect and it was the perfect way to start the ppv.

As for the Rumble match its self... Booker T return? Diesel return? (even having seen these 2 in TNA, i still marked out like i havent in years) The complete domination of Nexus? That spiderman type spot by John Morrison? There was enough action in this match to keep me fixed to the tv.

The only downside to me was that i had no idea who the winner was, but the crowds reaction was big so it must have been a good thing lol.

And speaking of the crowd. That was the best crowd ive heard in years. Especially after whitnessing the lamest crowd possible in TNA. Are they always like this in WWE nowadays, or was it just a unusually great crowd last night?

Anyway my final verdict is that i WILL be watching raw this week, and am looking forward to Wrestlemania. WWE has just gained another fan in me
Reactions: Von Doom
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,278 Posts
Right then, i havent watched WWE in a couple of years, as ive been watching TNA. However having getting sick of TNA last year i havent watched any wrestling since. But when i saw the advert for the '40 man Royal Rumble' (which of course was always my favorite ppv as a kid) i thought "fuck it ill give that a go"
Then their marketing scheme worked...I've contended from the word 'go' that the move to 40 men was a buyrates bid, not a way to include the entire roster.

Random note: I boo the absence of Trent Barretta. I boo it. But, then again, there aren't many people he could have replaced other than maybe Yoshi Tatsu or Chavo. And please don't say Hornswoggle. He was a part of the story the match told, like it or not.

that was one of the best ppv events ive seen in a very long time!
Yeah, I agree. It doesn't hurt that many of the PPVs in 2010 were pretty pitiful.

The first match between Edge and Dolf Ziggler(sp?) was a quality way to open the event imo.
Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan have become WWE's go-to guys for PPV opening matches. Best non-Rumble match of the night easily.

As for the Rumble match its self... Booker T return? Diesel return? (even having seen these 2 in TNA, i still marked out like i havent in years) The complete domination of Nexus? That spiderman type spot by John Morrison? There was enough action in this match to keep me fixed to the tv.
Agreed on all counts. If Kevin Nash comes through the curtains, I shrug. But as Diesel...I don't know, it just was cool. What can I say.

The only downside to me was that i had no idea who the winner was, but the crowds reaction was big so it must have been a good thing lol.
You'll get to know him very well on Smackdown and you'll quickly find that he (along with Ziggler) is the best thing going on that show.

And speaking of the crowd. That was the best crowd ive heard in years. Especially after whitnessing the lamest crowd possible in TNA. Are they always like this in WWE nowadays, or was it just a unusually great crowd last night?
Last night's crowd was fantastic and was DEFINITELY the exception rather than the rule. Trust me on that one.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think with the crowd, it seemed to me that there was alot more people there over the age of 18. Last time i saw WWE it was mostly kids, who still cheer and can be loud, but its completely different when you got grown men marking out, cheering, boing. Creates a whole different atmosphere.

· GOAT
4,573 Posts
Other than the Divas match (which wasn't the worst ever in all fairness), I thought it was a very good PPV. Edge vs Ziggler was a good solid match, finish was slightly screwy but Ziggler can't half go in the ring. Miz/Orton wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.

And of course ADR won the Royal Rumble itself, probably the most I've ever marked out as a wrestling fan.

The one drawback I would say is that Santino Marella sold a Brogue kick for 12 minutes, and finished runner up. Took the shine of Del Rio's win IMO.

· Registered
484 Posts
Other than the Divas match (which wasn't the worst ever in all fairness), I thought it was a very good PPV. Edge vs Ziggler was a good solid match, finish was slightly screwy but Ziggler can't half go in the ring. Miz/Orton wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.

And of course ADR won the Royal Rumble itself, probably the most I've ever marked out as a wrestling fan.

The one drawback I would say is that Santino Marella sold a Brogue kick for 12 minutes, and finished runner up. Took the shine of Del Rio's win IMO.
Well obviously they had to have a comedy finish this year Santino Cobraing ADR...

Also this was a very very good PPV.

And I don't know why people whine on the divas match... It was meant to be a pee break anyway so that people wont miss the rumble... Also there was nothing really wrong with the match itself apart from the randomness of Eve...

· Registered
673 Posts
I'm a huge TNA fan, I only watch the Rumble and WM. But the rumble was great and I was really happy to see DIESEL motherfucker !

· Banned
1,139 Posts
These are pretty much how PPV crowds are, for some odd reason the PPV crowds are always great compared to the ones you see on Raw. They actually cheer when you want them to. Their reactions to Booker T and Diesel just made the match.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.