Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The writing has been very good in my opinion.

- They take a pretty generic and bland mid carder in Ziggler (who has lots of upside though) and put him in a highly interesting world title feud. The feud has been booked to perfection. TThe Edge vs Vickie angle with Ziggler somehow tied in there has been lots of fun, and feels like it will have a proper ending at EC. They've been testing the waters with Ziggler, and he's really put on some great matches with Edge. The feud has made Edge somewhat interesting again and has been better in the ring lately (aside froma brutal Raw match vs The Miz a few weeks ago). They need to develop Ziggler's character more, but this has made him a viable low upper carder. This is how you should elevate a guy into the main event.

- The Corre is looking surprisngly dominant. They need more of a purpose, but they are vastly superior to The New Nexus. Finally Wade Barrett has regained some credibility with a win over Mysterio (without help from every Corre member), which is good, because he's one of the most talent young guys I've seen come along in years. Big Zeke is an absolute MONSTER. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater don't bring that much to the table (other then Gabriel's 450 splash), but they aren't hurting the group either. This stable actually has lots of potential.

- Cody vs Rey (which is an inevitable feud) looks like a take out of booking 101. They can really evolve Cody's character with this angle and make him a main eventer. Rey and Cody looked really good in the ring together too. This should be an awesome feud once is really gets going, and assuming they don't screw it up.

- Kofi Kingston is gaining some steam. The fans love this guy. They don't have a lot for him to do right now, but they have the IC belt on him now, and there's a lot to like about the kid I think.

- They have fibally made the Divas division slightly interesting. Kelly Kelly, Eva Torres, and LayCool have put on good matches (by Diva standards) lately and been giving them more air time. This is the first time in years I've cared about the Diva's division.

- ADR's push has came way too fast, but at least they are putting him over cleanly against some good opponents. I don't think he'll win at Mania, because he's just not that over, but there has been some improvement in recent weeks.

- Drew McIntyre has looked great lately. Some convincing wins lately (over an improving Chris Masters), and he's some a lot more character. He still has a ways to go, but I really see big upside with this kid. He has a legitimate shot at MITB.

- Commentary on SD is more interesting then Raw (Jerry Lawler is horrible).

With Taker and Christian coming back soon, I really think 2011 will be a great year for this show. Especially since Raw has been horrible lately.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
I also agree with what you said. Smackdown has been looking very good lately. They just need to build some hype for the EC. Next week, they're having a 12 man tag team match :)

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
Might it have something to do with that stuff about Micheal Hayes job being in jeapordy a few months back. I reckon either Hayes is no longer head writer, or he's trying to save his job by trying to put on a better product. But I don't know, just a theory.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
I think SmackDown! was brilliant until these past 2 weeks, Edge and Kelly defending the WHC? Vickie G spearing Edge? Wtf?

I think Edge/Dolph is losing steam now, it's just way to early for Dolph to be involved in a World Title feud.

But overall I think 2011 so far has been good for SmackDown! in general. Big Zeke is getting great booking, Kofi Kingston is better than he was in the past, Del Rio good as usual and Cody Rhodes is preparing for a good rivalry with Mysterio so that should be entertaining.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.