Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've recently started watching FCW alot and I like this wrestler, Kassius Ohno.

Though he's been with FCW for less than 30 days, Kassius Ohno has already made waves within the organization. Ohno, a world-traveled veteran of the squared circle, recently turned back the challenges of both Xavier Woods and CJ Parker, vanquishing each competitor with his trademark rolling elbow strike, which he's appropriately dubbed the "KO". Ohno arrived in FCW amidst great fanfare and has lived up to the hype thus far, thus earning him the distinction of being FCW "Superstar of the Month."
His already the superstar of the month and his only been there for about a month. I think he has potential.

What do you guys like about him?

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He just needs to get in the shape and he's ready to be called up. Anything else would be a waste of his talents and time in the developmental lg.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Change the bloody KO gimmick or at least the finisher, imo.

I reckon if I wanna see forearms, elbows or punches being used as finishers I'd watch NJPW.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Change the bloody KO gimmick or at least the finisher, imo.

I reckon if I wanna see forearms, elbows or punches being used as finishers I'd watch NJPW.
That's precisely what his gimmick is though? Basically Lord Tensai's gimmick blended with Mohammad Ali. He's throwing so many elbows and such for the shear purpose of playing off his japan experience and training. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts using Kenta Kobashi's machine gun chops in his moveset as well.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
That's precisely what his gimmick is though? Basically Lord Tensai's gimmick blended with Mohammad Ali. He's throwing so many elbows and such for the shear purpose of playing off his japan experience and training. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts using Kenta Kobashi's machine gun chops in his moveset as well.
I have no problem with it if it's the norm, but it's not really the WWE style. Everyone throws semi-lethal looking strikes, from clotheslines to punches, but making one a finisher just seems kind of out of place, do you know what I mean?

I know my opinion on it is different but it's just how I view it.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
I have no problem with it if it's the norm, but it's not really the WWE style. Everyone throws semi-lethal looking strikes, from clotheslines to punches, but making one a finisher just seems kind of out of place, do you know what I mean?

I know my opinion on it is different but it's just how I view it.
I understand where your coming from and it's a great point! I think the way he's going about it, his to throw the elbow almost like a knock out punch which will differentiate it from other elbows or forearms. Take for example Goldberg and Rhyno's spear and compare it to batista's and edge's, there's quite a difference. Or look at the clothesline that Ryback used to use to beat people while in the Nexus, it was a helluva lot more vicious looking than anyone else's and IMO could be bought as a legit finisher because of that!

Check out a couple of the elbows KO used to finish people in the indies to see what I mean.

Now tell me those don't look believable as a finisher? I think the elbow can be used in the same way as the RKO, where it can come from virtually anywhere.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Now tell me those don't look believable as a finisher? I think the elbow can be used in the same way as the RKO, where it can come from virtually anywhere.
Honestly, it is such a realistic and credible finisher, but against WWE style where they want finishes to look flashy and interesting I don't really think it fits.

Tornado took that like a beast though lol.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Honestly, it is such a realistic and credible finisher, but against WWE style where they want finishes to look flashy and interesting I don't really think it fits.

Tornado took that like a beast though lol.
HBK made a helluva career with his finisher being a superkick. I think part of the salesmanship of the rolling elbow will be it can be hit out of anywhere and KO you in an instant - just like the Superkick.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Really like Kassius Ohno, loved him from watching Ring of Honor in the Kings of Wrestling but always wanted him to have a singles push, the guy is a complete package and could be one of the faces of the company in a few years.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Jericho; great in the ring, great of the mic and a great look, I just hope he can become the megastar Jericho should have been

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
If he can whip in to shape I would say have him knock out Lord Tensai, and defeat him via "KO". This would prompt Johnny Laraunitis to fire him for using an illegal blow to the head. This gives Ohno his first taste of real fame, and then gives him a reason to be sent down to FCW. He doesn't have the on air look yet for Raw, or Smackdown, and I think that's what really is keeping him off of our televisions right now. He is a bit out of shape, and I don't think the WWE wants him on television with that look.

Knocking out Lord Tensai, and then disappearing for some time creates a buzz about who this man is. Eventually leading to a solid build for his WWE debut. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him on NXT first, and taking on all talent there as well. Kassius could easily make NXT a watchable online show for the WWE. When he finally debuts he already has a small grudge with one of the most over heels on the roster, and that is the man who fired him, John Lauranitis. Not to mention Lord Tensai who will be looking for his blood for knocking him out.

·
Banned
690 Posts
Good for you...

Yeah he's got great potential, he's one of the most complete packages in wrestling,
Those two phrases disagree with one another. Either he's got potential or he's one of the most complete wrestlers in the buisness today. Pick one.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Those two phrases disagree with one another. Either he's got potential or he's one of the most complete wrestlers in the buisness today. Pick one.
He's got great potential to be a success in the WWE because he's one of the most complete wrestlers in the business today. I think everybody understood what he meant.

We get that you don't like Ohno and Rollins, now stop being a dick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts