Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems people want him to now be pushed to the top since the "Yes!" chants have taken off. I think they need to slowly build him as a star. Look at Zack Ryder. The internet fans were begging for him to be pushed and the WWE listened and he flopped. Daniel Bryan actually has talent and I don't want to see him be rushed just because of a popular chant. He needs to stay heel and Sheamus should keep the title. Next time Daniel Bryan wins the title it should be during a major push as a babyface.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
And I'll be willing to bet that in six months you'll come back here and post that Daniel Bryan just needs to turn babyface already because his "heel" act as gotten so "stale." lol jk

I say keep him a heel through next WrestleMania. He's going to get a reaction regardless.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
I don't know what should be done going forward with D Bry but I do know it shouldn't be rushed. Let's not make YES! just another WOO WOO WOO!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he needs to lose at Extreme Rules and then go back down to the mid card for a while and dominate there.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about DaBry. He has talent and he'll put his stamp into the WWE history books just like many others. Though, while he got the 'yes' chants started the ones we hear are not in regards to him. They are just the flavor of the month when it comes to something fun to do for the live audience. He started it but just like the 'what' chants that Stone Cold started, which are still being used today, it is a fad and over time will fade.

Yes, is the new What. People are having fun with it and it entertains them to be able to do it. It is in no way, shape or form an indication that the crowd is wanting to see DaBry at all. It is simply fun for them to do.

Props to DaBry for getting it started. That's about it though.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about DaBry. He has talent and he'll put his stamp into the WWE history books just like many others. Though, while he got the 'yes' chants started the ones we hear are not in regards to him. They are just the flavor of the month when it comes to something fun to do for the live audience. He started it but just like the 'what' chants that Stone Cold started, which are still being used today, it is a fad and over time will fade.

Yes, is the new What. People are having fun with it and it entertains them to be able to do it. It is in no way, shape or form an indication that the crowd is wanting to see DaBry at all. It is simply fun for them to do.

Props to DaBry for getting it started. That's about it though.
They are chanting because of daniel Bryan, it's in the back of their minds everytime they chant it, just like The What chant with stone cold. And when D Bry comes out, the Yes chants are 2x louder than they were before and crowds give him a big pop as well. They like daniel bryan

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
They are chanting because of daniel Bryan, it's in the back of their minds everytime they chant it, just like The What chant with stone cold. And when D Bry comes out, the Yes chants are 2x louder than they were before and crowds give him a big pop as well. They like daniel bryan, get over it
The difference is Stone cold was the man, and totally over long before the 'what' bullshit started. They need to make sure that DB the character himself is actually over, and not just the catchphrase

·
Banned
401 Posts
I remember going to Jan 4, 2010 raw in the Nutter center Dayton, OH. The crowd was chanting Daniel Bryan before I even knew who he was. Glad they did because he has talent.

·
Registered
439 Posts
They are chanting because of daniel Bryan, it's in the back of their minds everytime they chant it, just like The What chant with stone cold. And when D Bry comes out, the Yes chants are 2x louder than they were before and crowds give him a big pop as well. They like daniel bryan
How do you know? Can you read minds? Are you friends with every single person at every live event and having them tell you that they are chanting "YES!" because of DaBry?

No, You're not. So you can't assume for one moment that every yes chant is for DaBry.

Want to turn that around on me? Sure, I can't read minds but when live audiences are chanting 'Yes' to a promo from Rock or Cena, or when another superstar is hammering away at another (Punk on Mark) it has nothing to do with DaBry. It makes it more than self explanatory that they are doing it for fun.

I gave the guy credit for getting it started, but that was about it. DaBry is a better wrestler than just starting a chant and that will show as time goes on. For now, it's just something fans do for fun. Else they would only use it when DaBry was in the forefront. Sorry, WWEU will use it regardless if DaBry is around or not and will continue to do so until it fades away. Just like SCSA 'What' chants.

The business needs some fun and the live audiences are getting back into it. It's not a bad thing. Its progress in the right direction.

·
Registered
439 Posts
So when he comes out to a bigger pop than most of the roster, that means no one wants to see him right?

Just want to make sure I'm not misinterpreting what you're saying.
He is one of the higher end superstars. He deserves a bigger pop then most of them because he has earned it. What I said had nothing to do with his pops. Just dealt with the use of the 'yes' chant that is being thrown around just like the 'what' chant. Just something fun for the fans to do and cred to DaBry for getting it started as previously mentioned.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,621 Posts
As I see it this way, Daniel Bryan needs to lose to Sheamus at Extreme Rules. So that their feud can continue on from there. It won't hurt Daniel Bryan by losing at Extreme Rules. I dislike him, but I will be straight up about this situation. Daniel can continue on being a heel, but be the main heel on Smackdown. Turning him face would just be too soon.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Daniel Bryan doesn't need to win, but Sheamus does need to lose. He's not a legit champ in the eyes if the audience, and he lost his mega overness thanks to that stunt at wrestlemania. Sheamus needs to be rebuilt in order to gain his support back.

I can agree that DB doesn't need the title right now, he needs to develop his character without the title, since when he had ithis whole persona was being champion. This AJ/Bryan storyline is overshadowing the championship anyway, so it's not like he'd lose screen time(which is all I care about with him) by not being involved with the title. I hope he and AJ get drafted to RAW to continue their storyline there, where Bryan can get some fresh feuds.

·
Banned
153 Posts
How do you know? Can you read minds? Are you friends with every single person at every live event and having them tell you that they are chanting "YES!" because of DaBry?

No, You're not. So you can't assume for one moment that every yes chant is for DaBry.

Want to turn that around on me? Sure, I can't read minds but when live audiences are chanting 'Yes' to a promo from Rock or Cena, or when another superstar is hammering away at another (Punk on Mark) it has nothing to do with DaBry. It makes it more than self explanatory that they are doing it for fun.

I gave the guy credit for getting it started, but that was about it. DaBry is a better wrestler than just starting a chant and that will show as time goes on. For now, it's just something fans do for fun. Else they would only use it when DaBry was in the forefront. Sorry, WWEU will use it regardless if DaBry is around or not and will continue to do so until it fades away. Just like SCSA 'What' chants.

The business needs some fun and the live audiences are getting back into it. It's not a bad thing. Its progress in the right direction.
Are you for real?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
He is one of the higher end superstars. He deserves a bigger pop then most of them because he has earned it. What I said had nothing to do with his pops. Just dealt with the use of the 'yes' chant that is being thrown around just like the 'what' chant. Just something fun for the fans to do and cred to DaBry for getting it started as previously mentioned.
What you replied to has everything to do with his pops. He's not going to get a reaction if nobody wants to see him. See how that's directly correlated? When he was shown on screen with Kofi and AJ, he got a LOUD reaction from the crowd. That means they want to see him. To chalk up his bigger pop because "he deserves it due to being one of the higher end superstars" is discrediting him without admitting that the crowd wants to see him.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
The difference is Stone cold was the man, and totally over long before the 'what' bullshit started. They need to make sure that DB the character himself is actually over, and not just the catchphrase
And the underline is the reason why DB may fail. He's gotten more interesting, but he does risk the chance of becoming nothing more than a catchphrase, and finding himself hated by fans say 6 months down the road, when "YES!" becomes the new "WHAT?" and peopel get sick of it.

We'll see.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I can't see how the 'Yes' chants will reach the same kind of annoyance as the 'what' chants. Is it just me, but the 'what' chants clearly affect promos in a pretty negative way, whereas the 'yes' chants can be used anytime, such as during a match or the crowd giving an answer to someone saying a question in a promo, as opposed to just crowd noise. It just shows the crowd getting into the show, whereas the 'what' chants seem to suggest the crowd don't give a fuck about someone's promo.

·
Registered
159 Posts
He started it but just like the 'what' chants that Stone Cold started, which are still being used today, it is a fad and over time will fade.
Way to contradict yourself there buddy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts