Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude was very annoying. Didn't have what it took to be a top star IMO. Did anyone ever expect him to be a WWE Champion? Does anyone STILL expect it? Cause I don't. I could never see it happening. He's a midcard comedy act who only got popular because it's "cool to like the jobber."

Right now, he's the Brutus Beefcake to John Cena's Hulk Hogan. Atleast Alex Riley was Virgil. If WWE would wake up and push the vastly more talented Curt Hawkins, Raw's midcard would be a much better place. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I remember when Zack Ryder was so popular amongst the IWC. Damn a lot changes in a year.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember when Zack Ryder was so popular among the IWC. Damn a lot changes in a year.
He was never popular with me. His fans are extremely obnoxious. The whole bandwagon is one big fad that went on too long, to show that it wasn't a fad. Thank god it's dying down. Cause I couldn't bare to see Ryder's bad acting and poor ring skills much longer.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I never really viewed it as a big push in the first place. The movement was about getting him on tv. Hes much better off now than he was a year ago and thats what counts. To move up any higher than he is now he'll have to impress us all over again. If he can manage to do that then hes deserving of a big push. Thats how I see it.

Reactions: Clique

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
He was never popular with me. His fans are extremely obnoxious. The whole bandwagon is one big fad that went on too long.
I think he's cool. Horrible actor, but getting better in the ring. Also he was booked like shit and meant to make Kane look strong which I personally believe killed all the momentum he had. He could have had a really good US title run I believe if that whole Kane storyline didn't happen.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Dude was very annoying. Didn't have what it took to be a top star IMO. Did anyone ever expect him to be a WWE Champion? Does anyone STILL expect it? Cause I don't. I could never see it happening. He's a midcard comedy act who only got popular because it's "cool to like the jobber."

Right now, he's the Brutus Beefcake to John Cena's Hulk Hogan. Atleast Alex Riley was Virgil. If WWE would wake up and push the vastly more talented Curt Hawkins, Raw's midcard would be a much better place. Your thoughts?
His involvement in the Kane/Cena feud was dumb but he WAS in the appropriate spot at least when he first won the US title. Winning the US title so Ziggler could move up the card and Ryder could become a fresh midcard place holder for the midcard heels to feud with, which the WWE really needed. The guy didn't have business being in the main event, but why is the only other alternative jobber.

Let's not forget that everyone below Ryder either ****ing sucked or was buried beyond oblivion. Ryder should have been protected to an extent by simple virtue of being a legitimately over wrestler at the time. Even if Ryder was a flash in the pan that peaked, he's STILL better than a lot of the guys that get TV time these days *coughPrimoEpicoKhalicough*.

·
Registered
679 Posts
umad -extra-?

·
Registered
873 Posts
My frustration with Ryder has less to do with my own personal viewpoint on him, and more to do with WWE's inability to build a midcard. Could Ryder be a main eventer? Probably not since his gimmick is mid card stuff, but they keep insisting that talent has to take the ball and run with it, and Ryder did just that. So how do they repay him for doing what they told him to?

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
He used the modern day internet tools to get himself a minor fan base and get the company to give him a shot at the limelight, but he was never gonna be good enough or isnt yet at least to be anywhere near a main event, But he's carved out a niche and given himself a shot. fair play.

·
Registered
503 Posts
im not. hes need a makeover and in ring work to look better he gets a little pop better then half the roster does at the moment even though it is the kid faction he gets what he needs is respect of older wrestling fans atm. anything to get get him up to midcarder where wwe lacks people now

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've always seen Zack Ryder as a glorified Scotty 2 Hotty. I even made a topic about months ago, to which a lot of people on this forum based me.

Heres the thing people dont understand; not every guy has to be in the main event. Not every over guy has to hold the strap. Zack Ryder can have a long career, not as a main event guy, but as a comedy-jobber. He's found his niche, and I'd say he'll be in the WWE for a few more years. Good on him for getting himself into a more comfortable position, but to think that a guy like him could be a world champion is a joke. I dont think he should have even held the US title, but given his popularity at the time, it was understandable.

Also... yeahhhh. Having a gimmick revolving around your hair when you are clearly balding is not good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
He'll always be the Hurricane. The jobber guy who just happens to hang out with main event guys for comic relief every few months.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Why make a thread like this? It's old news that he was de-pushed. Did you hear the crowd when he attacked Kane at Extreme Rules? The kids screamed and the adults went "Woo Woo Woo". He's still over despite all the shit that happened to him. Such hateful stuff. Stop being so happy that someone who worked for his spot in the WWE is being punished and destroyed for no reason. Ryder's rise to fame proves the general IWC's hypocrisy. Push someone the internet fans typically want, then move to the next one.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
so much bullcrap in one thread is amazing, and you know it

Reactions: samizayn

·
Registered
547 Posts
You haven't seen the last of Zack Ryder, he has a real likability factor that's really noticeable when you realize that he's still really over with the fans and his shirt is still the number four on the top seller list among men, even after he's gone through all that shit booking.

Zack Ryder will be back and hopefully in an awesome feud that will eventually lead to him being pushed higher up in the card.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
He was never popular with me. His fans are extremely obnoxious. The whole bandwagon is one big fad that went on too long, to show that it wasn't a fad. Thank god it's dying down. Cause I couldn't bare to see Ryder's bad acting and poor ring skills much longer.
Aren't the majority of people cheering for Bryan right now sheeping?
What about that old Mahal crap you had going on?

Anyway, no one ever expected him to be world champ. No one expected his gimmick to go any further than semi-comedic mid card.

Which, by the way, is what he should stay at and should be right now simply by popularity.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
his 15 minutes of fame are just over.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts