Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For far to long we have had to watch Cena dominate and get involved in every major feud and win the majority of them, someone must have finally realised backstage that they where burying their number one man , by booking him as invincible especially clean.
It bad for business to book your number one guy as superman, it shows disrespect to the roster and disrespect to the fans that we are meant to believe that Cena would win every feud hes involved with , eventually leading to people turning on him like they have done.

I believe they are doing the right thing and breaking him down to build him back up again and hopefully win back some fans. CM Punk in my opinion is being booked in the right way, a fighting champion that puts on great matches but does lose clean often, it makes everything more believable and the end outcome of him winning a feud more rewarding rather than predictable like Cena.

CM Punk, The Rock, most of Kane feud, Brock Lesnar, Lord Tensai have all gotten the better of Cena, this makes his matches now a lot more unpredictable and I say well done for them finally realising.

This also helps the fans realise that Cena is on the same level as guys like Orton, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Sheamus and rather than having one dominate guy they have several which is only good for business.

Whether Cena beat Brock or not in a superman way I will not be bothered as they have being having him loose for almost a year with a Wrestlemania loss and kept the title away from him for a year.

I dont think people hate Cena I think people hate the way Cena has been booked over the last 5 years.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
As much of a Cena fan I am, I agree. I'm hoping this builds up to something great for Cena.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
They should just book him as a constant loser and then give him a couple of months off after getting destroyed by Brock at Extreme Rules. Then, he needs to turn heel and get built back up as an aggressive, careless son of a bitch that destroys everyone and anyone, much like Brock Lesnar but he also cheats while doing it. Then, they should build him up for a match with Undertaker at WM29 where he puts a ton of effort into the match and tries everything to win but as usual, Taker overcomes. Perhaps also putting his "I Quit" streak on the line in which he quits due to the Hell's Gate and becomes a trash-talking asshole when fans make fun of him for quitting.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think he will turn heel and just for mentioning it you will get roasted.
But if he is to start getting angrier he really needs to work on his voice breaking every time he gets angry.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I dont think he will turn heel and just for mentioning it you will get roasted.
But if he is to start getting angrier he really needs to work on his voice breaking every time he gets angry.
I dare anyone to try to argue against a heel turn with something that makes sense other than the overused "he sells too much merch".

A heel turn is the ONLY way for him to go, really. As a face, he's done it all, there's nothing else left for him. He's had this character for now 7 years and any changes ever made have only been for the worse as time has gone by. You see, people talk a lot about an "aggressive" Cena. That is the best Cena version there has ever been in the WWE but he's also been there as a face, most notably in 2006 when he would interfere in the middle of a match and chase Edge all the way to the closest shore and throw him into the sea. Or knock on Edge's hotel door and then start throwing him around and making him his bitch. As for crowd reactions back then... you guessed it, he was booed as bad as he's ever been.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
WWE should turn Cena heel and destroy CM Punk.
WWE should turn CM Punk heel and destroy Justin Gabriel. Jobber noone cares about.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Don't worry people, by Summerslam you'll be pissed this storyline never went anywhere when he overcomes the odds and starts winning all the time again :no:

·
Registered
201 Posts
They should just book him as a constant loser and then give him a couple of months off after getting destroyed by Brock at Extreme Rules. Then, he needs to turn heel and get built back up as an aggressive, careless son of a bitch that destroys everyone and anyone, much like Brock Lesnar but he also cheats while doing it. Then, they should build him up for a match with Undertaker at WM29 where he puts a ton of effort into the match and tries everything to win but as usual, Taker overcomes. Perhaps also putting his "I Quit" streak on the line in which he quits due to the Hell's Gate and becomes a trash-talking asshole when fans make fun of him for quitting.
Did wonders for Steve Austin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I quite like the idea of him getting buried for a while until he reverts back to the whole ruthless aggression stance and have him as a tweener.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's just a ploy to make him underdog again.

They'll take him to rock bottom after ER then build him up again, by summerslam we'll be right back where we started.

·
Registered
828 Posts
he won't turn heel for some time yet, not without a face that the kids can get behind while he turns to the dark side. Boston Green is all over the crowds even though the fruity pebbles green look is bloody awful.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Did wonders for Steve Austin.
If it's a "lol, failed heel run." joke, then I have to say it's an extremely different situation. Austin had just been away for most of 2000 and been the Stone Cold character for about 3 years. Most importantly, fans still loved him and there was not really any reason to do the turn.

Cena, on the other hand, is STALE beyond words. He's boring and most of all, he's HATED. His merch sales and star power continue to die down and if he was so valuable as a face, how come they have to rely on old stars like The Rock and Brock Lesnar to keep their pockets fat? Cena's heel turn is much more likely to end up like Hogan's and be a massive success than an unnecessary shoot in the foot for the company as Austin's.

·
Registered
574 Posts
cena's always a winner!!

THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!

the only reason he's losing because stinky lord tensai CHEATS and because Rock is a cheater and an OLD MAN!
:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts