Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unthinkable has happend for the WWE they have a dominant heel force that could be called a bully and you have a prickle Irish kid who's been bullied in the past and is not afraid of a challenge. At first I thought Punk would win it but, something in his storyline will cause him to lose leaving Sheamus and Henry for one finally go round.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Sheamus in a world title match at WrestleMania? Jesus, I really hope not. He wouldn't be the worst guy in a WM title match (Nash, Bundy, Sid, etc.), but he wouldn't be far off.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Sheamus in a world title match at WrestleMania? Jesus, I really hope not. He wouldn't be the worst guy in a WM title match (Nash, Bundy, Sid, etc.), but he wouldn't be far off.
:rolleyes: Sheamus has more than proven he is capable to be in one of the top spots at any PPV, even Wrestlemania. He is over, a good standard in the ring, good on the mic and has charisma. I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
He's great. Don't think he'll win the Rumble. Jericho is a popular choice but I'll go with either Punk or Rhodes for RAW and Smackdown respectively.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
He's great. Don't think he'll win the Rumble. Jericho is a popular choice but I'll go with either Punk or Rhodes for RAW and Smackdown respectively.
I hope Jericho doesn't win it, the Royal Rumble is perfect for elevating someone they have pushed all year into a main event spot (Sheamus)

·
Registered
945 Posts
^^^ Unless he loses the briefcase before then, why would Bryan even bother to enter the rumble? He'd already have a title shot lined up for Mania.

Can't think of a better pick than Sheamus off the top of my head.... I'd say Punk was a good shout too, but can't see he really needs it to cememnt his current position.

Either that or Miz gets the win from like #27+.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Wait, you're picking Rhodes over Sheamus in the Rumble? You're crazy, fella.
Simple really. WWE teased a feud with Rhodes and Orton. WWE will go that route sometime, so why not Wrestlemania? Rhodes has a ready-made feud with Orton and even Bryan for that matter. He slots in better than Sheamus imo.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I called this a few months ago, but alas, he seems like the best option to win it. I see Sheamus actually being the next big star. He stands out. He seems larger than life like the Hulk Hogans and the Ultimate Warriors of the past. Today in wrestling we have a bunch of average looking guys that are pretty well built, but they don't stand out as special. They are super stars. Guys like Dolph Ziggler, Alex Riley, Christian, and Wade Barrett look like average dudes. They don't have the special look or the larger than life character. They are just average guys who wrestle for a living. Sheamus is unique. All he needs is that larger than life character and he will be the next big thing.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
I'd be happy with that outcome. He fits. Freshly turned babyface. Somewhere in the twilight zone area of simultaneously being still "new" and yet almost fully established. I have no idea what WWE is going to do with the 'Rumble in 2012, considering there's a good likelihood they're actually going to have Rock/Cena be for the WWE Championship and Daniel Bryan's MITB arc could tie up the WHC for Smackdown, unless they make it an obvious triple threat. Rock/Cena really should not be for any championship, it's a silly idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts