• Its WWE, they'll figure out a way to screw it up

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, when Zack Ryder was pretty much just a Youtube show and 9/10 of the IWC wanted him to get a push, I absolutely refused to take any part of it. This guy reminded me of a better looking Santino with the joke he makes himself out to be. I just couldn't see anything in him that I liked.

Over the last few weeks though, with his Smackdown! assistant angle, and then with his recent bouts with Dolph, I realized I started to pull for him a little bit. I like how he's toned down the overt weirdness and turned it into a likeable uniqueness. And to be honest, I know a lot of people disagree with this, but I really like his finisher. Rough Ryder might not be the best finisher ever, but you gotta admit, its worlds above a firemans carry.

I'm far from a Ryder fan, but the direction they are taking him, eventually I can see myself pulling for him as long as they don't mess it up. If WWE takes his push delicately and doesn't push too fast, or forget he exists like Morrison, I think he can become a legitimate midcarder in no time.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
me too man i cant believe this, this is so shocking its not even funny i mean i still legit hate him but hes growing on me and i dont know why, i wish it would stop but lets see where it goes, i still HATE that wooo thing he does and i can honestly say i always will..

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
The Ryder Revolution is like him fist-pumping. It never stops.

Soon you will join us :evil:
Maybe if he changes his gimmick, catchphrase and starts being funny. Then we'll see.

If he does all that, I actually won't rule it out. Unlike the rest of this forums obsessions, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, etc, I don't see Ryder as completely hopeless. He looks like he might have something, but it isn't showing. Kinda like early Miz.

But I'm gonna try to avoid that if possible. Ryder will never be WWE Champion, and I've already attached myself to too many failures. I have no wish to add another guy to that list.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Wouldn't mind him getting the title, but i don't really care if he does right now. I just want him to become a regular on Raw. As long they keep finding ways to get him on TV every week, ill be happy. Maybe later on i will care about him getting the title

He already has the most prestigious title anyways. You know it!

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Maybe if he changes his gimmick, catchphrase and starts being funny. Then we'll see.

If he does all that, I actually won't rule it out. Unlike the rest of this forums obsessions, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, etc, I don't see Ryder as completely hopeless. He looks like he might have something, but it isn't showing. Kinda like early Miz.

But I'm gonna try to avoid that if possible. Ryder will never be WWE Champion, and I've already attached myself to too many failures. I have no wish to add another guy to that list.
The gimmick change will eventually come as he moves up the card. And ya know, I already think he's pretty funny :p

Ryder will be world champion, though. It's only a matter of well, years.
zach ryder best in the world

LOL

HHe should be a=on a collectors cup at 7-11
no one said that :confused: although I do think he should get a collector's cup. He's more relevant than most midcarders.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
A bit of both on the, "Legit Mid-carder but no title" and "It's WWE, they'll screw it up."

Most likely, he'll go through a series of legitimate matches and make a name for himself, maybe people will take him somehow so seriously.

But then, it might all come crashing down and it'll just be some joke and stay the same. That's happened to a lot of wrestlers, you seem them be pushed and win a couple, but then.... It's all gone.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
The gimmick change will eventually come as he moves up the card. And ya know, I already think he's pretty funny :p

Ryder will be world champion, though. It's only a matter of well, years.
Nevertheless, I'd like to play it safe if I can. I have a hard enough time believing Wade Barrett will be world champion, much less god damn Zack Ryder. Not buying that whatsoever.

As far as his talent goes, like I said, we'll see when that happens. I will not mark for him under this gimmick, though. Absolutely not.

·
Registered
339 Posts

lol get a life bro

·
Arrive Post Leave
501 Posts
zack ryder is currently better than most of the mid-carders out there due to the fact that he has a gimmick people care about , most of them are generic and forgettable.

also wwe have the perfect underdog in him , zigger will have gained more heat out of his match with ryder.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts