Wrestling Forum banner

Illegal Streaming Website Operator Arrested

2071 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  PJ Awesome
Operator of ChannelSurfing.net charged today by federal officials…

Bryan McCarthy – the operator of ChannelSurfing.net – has been arrested by a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) unit.

McCarthy, 32, is being charged with one count of criminal infringement of a copyright. They allege that he posted illegal streams of the UFC, NFL, WWE, NBA and NFL, as well as other sports programs. It is reported that he made more than $90,000 from online merchants to get advertising on his site.

If convicted, McCarthy could get up to five years in jail.

Credit: MMAjunkie.com
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
285 Posts
Speaking of copyright infringement does anyone know a decent site to watch ppvs on?

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
But this guy wasn't the one providing the streams. He was just linking to them. I hate our government. So fucking dumb.
Exactly, with a good lawyer, he'll walk out with no problems. Piratebay for example, came extremely close to getting away with it for playing the "we don't host the material ourselves, we're just the inbetweeners" card and I'm pretty sure even they had their sentences reduced.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Speaking of copyright infringement does anyone know a decent site to watch ppvs on?
I don't know about live streaming but there are plenty of sites you can download them from the day after that I know of. They are all either torrent sites, or provide rapidshare or similar links.

I'm guessing its against the rules of this forum to provide links to such sites, but Google can help you.

· Registered
1,446 Posts

Bryan McCarthy – the operator of ChannelSurfing.net – has been arrested by a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) unit.

McCarthy, 32, is being charged with one count of criminal infringement of a copyright. They allege that he posted illegal streams of the UFC, NFL, WWE, NBA and NFL, as well as other sports programs. It is reported that he made more than $90,000 from online merchants to get advertising on his site.

Yeah, i used to watch a lot of different streams on that site so its disappointing. :mad: Fking Homeland Security, it seems like they would have more important things to focus on like... I don't know... actual terrorism? :rolleyes:

· Banned
426 Posts

Wow. I knew you could get sued for that kind of stuff, but I didn't know it was a criminal matter. I mostly used those sites to watch out of town basketball games that I didn't get on my cable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.