Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Impact Zone are clearly a lively bunch and make the live shows see more 'must see', but some of these fucking chants just make them see like morons.

The "Thank You Dixie" ones of late are a new thing.

Why thank Dixie during the Beer Money/MCMG match? Dixie knows nothing about putting a match together let alone what's going on in the ring. Thank the wrestlers themselves, not the financial backer.

The "This is Wrestling" during Hardcore Justice is a joke in its own. It's not. Sorry to break it to you.

The random "This is Awesome" chants during a 2 minute spot fest always gets a kick out of me. Just no.

Honestly, the fans just blurt out whatever they're thinking, as Amber would say, for 'funsies'. I wouldn't be surprised if they started chanting Daniel Bryan since they come off that ignorant.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They started chanting anti-vince mcmahon things too.

What does he have to do with this....

He gave them ONS 05 and 06 in the actual arena so how are they mad at him

·
Registered
277 Posts
They started chanting anti-vince mcmahon things too.

What does he have to do with this....

He gave them ONS 05 and 06 in the actual arena so how are they mad at him
they're mad because they couldn't use most the of the names because vince owns them and i dont really have any probelms with that business is business. i actually think that the whole not being able to use names thing kinda gave the show a real ecw feel because its like they were the underdogs yet again battling the "evil big wrestling company".

·
Registered
277 Posts
^That and he revived ECW only to shit on it really. Even though it turned out to be a good business decision for him.
yea thats true i think he did want to destroy it's image because he didn't create it. (of course there's a thousand other people who've said the same thing) but the man is an ego maniac. i would fucking love to be his therapist that must be one hell of a trip

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
lol at the Vince destroying ECW.

lol at the Vince being an egomaniac. You do realise he saved the same company in 1997?

People brand WWE's ECW and the original ECW different, so, there is absolutely no harm done their label. WWE's ECW was a fun 1 hour show, and for almost all of 2009, a better show than RAW and SmackDown.

People still don't realise WWE were never going to have a hardcore show, ran and funded by them. They tamed it down, lots, but they got a lot of use out of it. They kept to the traditional idea that Heyman followed, and that was build young stars, ready for the bigger shows. Personally, I think the WWE version of ECW was a success.

On topic, the iMPACT zone fans are the reason that I watch TNA on mute. Meh, not the sole reason. The commentary is worse than a 2008 Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler duo.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Personally, I think the WWE version of ECW was a success.
SyFy certainly didn't think so. And that's the one opinion that matters. The network calls the shots. Of course its replacement NXT has been even worse ratings wise, finally hitting its record low last week. But this brings up a point about too much WWE programming on tv which is another topic.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It was the creatures that the Hard Justice package brought in. The regulars were face palming. "This is Awesome" two minutes into a match!? "This is Wrestling" before the match even begins!? What the hell.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I mean, I'd rather have a loud and active crowd than a dead one.

They'll get the chants right at least once in a while (This is wrestling chant and BFG for Styles/Sting).

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I swear i heard a "This is Wrestling" chant during the Team 3D vs. Mahoney & Rotten and Anderson/Scorpio matches.

as of right now, "This is Wrestling" is the dumbest chant ever.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The probem wasn't the ecw weekly tv shows they were putting on every week --despite what many people on the net say, those shows ranged from good to very good, and most of the time it was the best wrestling show of the week. The problem came with the name ECW: Spike tv expected a real brand. An A/B show, not a C show that offered up and comers.

When ECW was brought back, Vince and WWE had every intention on giving us Hardcore/extreme moments. It might not have compared to the original, but nonetheless, we were going to get ECW. RVD was the champion and things were looking good...........until RVD and Sabu fucked everything up. People can blame vince and WWE all they want, but the truth is ECW changed it's formula after RVD and Sabu screwed up.

·
Banned
898 Posts
The probem wasn't the ecw weekly tv shows they were putting on every week --despite what many people on the net say, those shows ranged from good to very good, and most of the time it was the best wrestling show of the week. The problem came with the name ECW: Spike tv expected a real brand. An A/B show, not a C show that offered up and comers.

When ECW was brought back, Vince and WWE had every intention on giving us Hardcore/extreme moments. It might not have compared to the original, but nonetheless, we were going to get ECW. RVD was the champion and things were looking good...........until RVD and Sabu fucked everything up. People can blame vince and WWE all they want, but the truth is ECW changed it's formula after RVD and Sabu screwed up.
Well you could also argue that Vince shouldn't have made such a big deal over weed.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I have never had a problem with any chant in the Impact Zone. Firstly, people have the right to chant what ever the hell they want. Secondly, I've seen the Impact Zone dead as can be during great matches, especially since the "castmember" speech. Silence is a far more menacing enemy IMO.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Some of those chants are pretty stupid (this is wrestling in the cw anderson vs scorpio match ?)

but overall I love the impact crowd.

Sometimes they call it right, and sometimes they are even funny !

Over the years I have seen the worst & the best from them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
The "This is wrestling" thing is great. The audience stand there waiting for one wrestling move to happen and bang! THIS IS WRESTLING !!!1!

·
The Man Comes Around
8,485 Posts
Too many stupid marks in The Impact Zone, 3 clotheslines and they chants " this is wrestling" or " this is awesome", a chair in the ring wooo " this is hardcore", they think there are some elite or some happy few but they pathetic

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The crowd in the Impact Zone is awful, you have the Crucial Crew, the screaming girl and the tourists. Even the VIP package holders couldn't stop the horrible chants on Sunday. I think Hardcore Justice really should've taken place elsewhere but as for Impact, they really need to move elsewhere. Fuck Orlando.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Screw complaining about the chants, that fucking screaming bitch really needs a dildo shoved down her throat.

And yeah, I also lol @ Vince bringing back ECW to drag down its name. If anything Dixie did that (let's compare ONS, both, to Hardcore Jusrice).

·
Registered
549 Posts
LOL at people on this forum complaining about Crucial Crew's delusions of elitism (pot, meet kettle?)

The IZ crowd used to get on my nerves but after some of the silent 'cast member' crowds this year, it's pretty clear that stupid chants are better than crickets and tumbleweeds. Besides, who actually watches wrestling for the stimulating intellectual content?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts