Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what happened? I cba sitting through a random video.
Basically another IGN Editor got caught half-assing a review for RE2. They exposed themselves only playing half the game by stating that the Claire side was the same with nothing new added, when that was in fact false. Got called out on it on social media and the IGN comments section and had to re-review the game. Forgot to mention they also changed their original score to a fucking 9.0 from an 8.7 or some shit :lmao.

First second in the video and the guy talking about kingdom hearts, nope no spoilers, won't risk it.
He only made a joke about the world size not a big deal, and he wasn't being legit. Laymen Gaming trolls like that all the time.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Basically another IGN Editor got caught half-assing a review for RE2. They exposed themselves only playing half the game by stating that the Claire side was the same with nothing new added, when that was in fact false. Got called out on it on social media and the IGN comments section and had to re-review the game. Forgot to mention they also changed their original score to a fucking 9.0 from an 8.7 or some shit :lmao.

He only made a joke about the world size not a big deal, and he wasn't being legit. Laymen Gaming trolls like that all the time.
The worst part is RE2 isn't even a long game, it's inexcusable not to beat both parts of the game. It's not like it's a 60-80 hour game.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
IGN has been shit for a long time, correlative with the falling quality of the gaming industry that has been gradually occurring for many years now.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once the kinda funny crew left, IGN went into the toilet.
I can't even remember the names of IGN Editors by heart since Greg Miller and several others left the site, it's become a pathetic shell of its former self and I used to be an avid IGN fan in like the 90s-2000s and shit.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Daemon Hatfield is one of the few OG guys remaining at IGN from the era I loved. I am willing to give him a pass because he's a chill dude 99% of the time and he didn't shun Colin Moriarty the same way Greg Miller and the rest of the industry did.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Daemon Hatfield is one of the few OG guys remaining at IGN from the era I loved. I am willing to give him a pass because he's a chill dude 99% of the time and he didn't shun Colin Moriarty the same way Greg Miller and the rest of the industry did.
Greg and Colin founded Kinda Funny Games and work together now brother :mj.

Edit: NVM I'm seeing they had a parting awhile back.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
to be fair Colin Moriarty went off the deep end, seeing how he is now, like Dave Rubin, I can see why they shunned him.

The stuff that happens with his comments did get blown way out of proportion but Colin Moriarty is Dave Rubin bad now

The last good people to leave IGN were Allana and Jared Petty.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
to be fair Colin Moriarty went off the deep end, seeing how he is now, like Dave Rubin, I can see why they shunned him.

The stuff that happens with his comments did get blown way out of proportion but Colin Moriarty is Dave Rubin bad now.
He's no longer involved with politics.

It all worked out in the end though cause Colin now does an excellent Playstation podcast with Chris Ray Gun.

And I am glad it happened because it made me realise just how much of a prick Greg Miller is.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
He's no longer involved with politics.

It all worked out in the end though cause Colin now does an excellent Playstation podcast with Chris Ray Gun.

And I am glad it happened because it made me realise just how much of a prick Greg Miller is.
Hey, man. You leave Greg alone, he cries about jokes...

Is Chris Ray Gun really that good? He doesn't really seem that interested in completing games, or achievement/trophy hunting like Colin and Greg where - which was one of my favourite parts from PS I Love You XOXO.

-----

I have to say, on the IGN situation, even though it's dumb, at least they corrected themselves and took out the part in the review (and explaining what they've done) rather than just leave it as it was.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey, man. You leave Greg alone, he cries about jokes...

Is Chris Ray Gun really that good? He doesn't really seem that interested in completing games, or achievement/trophy hunting like Colin and Greg where - which was one of my favourite parts from PS I Love You XOXO.

-----

I have to say, on the IGN situation, even though it's dumb, at least they corrected themselves and took out the part in the review (and explaining what they've done) rather than just leave it as it was.
The issue here is this is a recurring issue with IGN because their review process is trash. They hand the game off to a person who either A. isn't a gamer or B. isn't a fan of the game franchise and it effects the honesty of the review and integrity of the reviewing. So shit like the RE2 review is an ongoing recurrence. Their Ace Combat 7 review was so bad the game's producer called out their idiocy because the review clearly didn't understand that half the game is cut if you play on easy and the reviewer lied about playing on Normal which leads further leads to evidence of these guys half-assing and not finishing these games or doing their homework.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
The issue here is this is a recurring issue with IGN because their review process is trash. They hand the game off to a person who either A. isn't a gamer or B. isn't a fan of the game franchise and it effects the honesty of the review and integrity of the reviewing. So shit like the RE2 review is an ongoing recurrence. Their Ace Combat 7 review was so bad the game's producer called out their idiocy because the review clearly didn't understand that half the game is cut if you play on easy and the reviewer lied about playing on Normal which leads further leads to evidence of these guys half-assing and not finishing these games or doing their homework.
Fair enough. I don't really spend alot of time with IGN anymore, just look at the odd review here and there - didn't know about the Ace Combat 7 review, or the situation surrounding it. But I remember another big issue they had with one of their reviews (example of option B) - Alien Isolation - which was so different to other publications/sites thoughts on the game.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
That's ok.

IGN is a necessary evil. When someone supports their opinion with an IGN article you know that person is dumb immediately.

"BuT, iGn GaVe It A 10/10!?!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were disabled. My apologies."

Reactions: Vic
1 - 20 of 22 Posts