Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summerslam? Survivor Series? WM29? Never?

I think it's clear that there are too many titles in WWE. Especially with how meaningless they've become. And since all guys can now appear on either brand in any given week, there is no longer any reason for seperate world titles, and seperate mid-card titles. I would unify BOTH the two world titles, and the two mid-card titles at Summerslam. With fewer belts, they would each mean more, and there would be more guys chasing any title at one time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Unifying will be a huge thing so it has to be at WM. unless they have a 1992 flashback and have whoever wins the rumble unfies the titles

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Survivor Series in a winner takes all dual championship scramble.

·
Registered
455 Posts
monday night, dispose of the horrific spinner belt!

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The US & IC Titles are more likely to get unified before the WWE & World Titles are.
That makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. Why would you have two world titles, and one mid-card title? That would in a way make the mid-card title more prestigious than the world title.

One world title and two mid-cards (like it used to be) would make sense. But what you're suggesting makes no sense.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
About 5 years ago...

I'll settle for Summerslam.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Have the champions from both belts fight each other for the undisputed championship at WM. Hopefully both champs have held the belt for a good period of time by then so it means something (at least a few months)

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I would unify the World Heavyweight and WWE Titles at Summerslam.

Then, I would bring back the Cruiserweight Title, rename it the "World Cruiserweight Championship" and have the smaller main event level guys like Bryan, Miz, Christian, & Rhodes carry it around like a world tltle and treat it like a big deal (like Jericho/Mysterio's 2009 IC Title feud).

·
Banned
852 Posts
Summerslam when Daniel Bryan beats CM Punk and Sheamus in a triple threat match. :)

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
The thing is, if I'm Vince McMahon, and I care about money the way I do (being Vince McMahon), I don't unify the world titles at all. WWE makes a lot of money from having two world championships, for starters. It immediately creates two brands with two casts of characters. Granted, the brand split is almost nonexistent at this point but it's still a major source of revenue to have two separate touring rosters going at the same time, each possessing a "world champion" headlining the events of the weekend, etceteras. Moreover, it makes it altogether easier--and gives the uncreative creative team a huge crutch--to create new stars. For instance, Daniel Bryan and Sheamus's stock is made if nothing else cosmetically higher by being the World Heavyweight Champion of Smackdown rather than whatever they would be (if anything, in terms of being a champion) without that championship.

Aesthetically and artistically, I have my own personal problems with having two world champions and until/unless WWE provides the basis with which to re-establish the concept of the "drawing champion" as in 2005 with John Cena and Dave Batista now with CM Punk and Sheamus--even if the latter two aren't realistically at the true star power level of the former two--I would question the degree to which WWE has "earned" the right to even have two world championships.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If they unify Smackdown & Raw, they should also unify the titles. As long as there are two main-brands i would keep it that way.

Although i really think the World Heavyweight Title has lost a lot of value the recent years.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts