Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And you was to return to the product do you think everything would be exactly the same. For example John Cena would be the champion, Randy Orton the world champion etc or would the product slightly change. CM Punk is now the main face of company, Miz is now a babyface etc.

So if you was to stop watching wrestling for one whole year and came back would you reckon the product would be the exact same, with the same people in the main event+champion etc?

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
Re: If you was to stop watching wrestling a year...

Were* is the proper word to use.

If you are asking if the product will be the same from a year from now, I have no fuckin clue.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts

Well I stopped watching from late 08 - late 09...and found out Jeff Hardy was WWE Champion..... so....

·
Banned
611 Posts

No idea.

However, if you would have said a year ago that CM Punk was his way to becoming the top face in the company and that Christian would be a former world champion and top heel I would have laughed at you.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
I might try that and get back to you lol. Honestly as someone that started watching properly around 04/05 at first, tried to come back on and off between 07 and 2010. Every time I tuned in to catch the last half of whatever recap show I'd caught, I'd always be pretty shocked by how many unfamiliar faces popped up. The Mr Kennedys and MVPs and John "Wasn't He Called Nitro" Morrisons. And then there were the guys that left, like where the fuck was Carlito?

WWE are at a stage right now where all their top guys are at the starting line however. Miz, Orton and guys are just turned thirty. So we're getting these guys for another five to ten years at least, on average. Of course the mid card is always subject to change, but if you were to tune back in after one year I think you'd recognise the top faces pretty well.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
I was close to taking a break earlier this year until all this Punk stuff started. Depending on where it goes Sunday and depending on whether or not they start actually trying to produce a full 2 hours of entertainment per show, I'm debating on whether or not a break would be good until the RTWM begins. Right now the only thing that interests me is HHH/Punk and to a lesser extent Seamus' development on SD. Other than that I couldn't give a shit tbh.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, I stopped watching wrestling for like four years and was shocked to see Triple H still in the main event, Edge being in the main event, and some rapper gimmick named John Cena having his custom made WWE belt and at that time, I thought Cena was bringing something different to the table with that sort of thing and flashforward five years and yeah, nothing.

So if I would to stop now for a year, yeah I think things would still be the same.

·
Banned
13,409 Posts
I don't know, thats the WWE for ya.

For 2 months it could be exactly the same, the next two months your wondering `Where did this Nexus come from? Why did WWE create a black John Cena? Why is Bret Hart trying to ruin WWE again?'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts