Wrestling Forum banner

If you were to mark Wrestlemania 27 out of 10 right now...

1737 Views 30 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  Jerichaholic4life
What would it be?
I'll go match by match:

WWE Title: The Miz vs John Cena: More focus is on The Rock and Cena than Miz, although the champ fought back in a great way on Monday. However, I feel like he's being kept in the background because he's going to win ala Jeff Hardy at Bound for Glory last year. It's a good tactic to pull off, especially if they keep having Miz craving more attention. However, if Cena wins, say bye-bye to what I like to call Miz's credibility. Should be a decent match but I can't see the match being given too much time. Miz doesn't have enough experience for anything past 15 minutes imo so if it gets upwards of that I'll be surprised.

World Heavyweight Title: Edge vs Alberto Del Rio: The build-up is starting to pick up but only because Christian is involved. There's still many who want Christian to be included in the match. I do too, but I can't help but feel like he's more likely to be in Edge's corner and then screw him over, in which case, Smackdown will need a couple of big faces in the draft (*cough*Orton*cough*). The match itself should be very good if Del Rio decides to show more of his luchador training but the only thing that has me interested in this is Christian.

No Holds Barred: Triple H vs Undertaker: The equivalent to their match 10 years ago which WWE is ignoring. Riiiight. Yeah, nice move Vince. The reasons for this are coming to light with the news on takers shoulder so it's understandable. This may mean this match not being a great match but the match should be pretty good nonetheless.

Michael Cole 'w/Jack Swagger' vs Jerry 'The king' Lawler: Special Guest Referee 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: Loving the feud. This should be a quick piece of entertainment with 'King' winning and Swagger and Cole respectively each receiving a stunner for their efforts.

CM Punk vs Randy Orton: The build-up has been great so far imo. Both superstars are playing their roles perfectly and hopefully, Mason Ryan gets punted next week, though I feel like WWE may have him ringside for the match because he's big. Either way, I'd prefer Punk to be on his own because regardless of whether he wins or loses, he still looks better than with somebody else there. Wrestlemania should be the place to make EVERYONE look strong. This could end up being match of the night and maybe even match of the year if WWE give it enough time.

Rey Mysterio vs 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes: 'SPOILER ALERT' Ok, it's not exactly much of a spoiler but Mysterio accepts Rhodes' challenge on Smackdown this week so the match becomes official. Now, apparently, there has been wide speculation that this match is going to be a hair vs mask match. This is the only answer I have to that: :bs:
Anyway, the build-up has been spectacular for this match. imo, this has been one of the best builds along with the Cole/Lawler and Punk/Orton match. Rhodes' mic work has been top notch as of late. Definitely on a par with Punk's and Miz's just because of the sheer intensity with which he speaks. I would like to see something added to the match i.e. a stipulation, to make the match special. Mask vs Mask is most appropriate but if WWE don't want that, throw in the IC title if you want. That's been irrelevant for a while unfortunately so WWE could at least salvage it a bit. However, if a stipulation does get added at a later date, I expect it to be the former. The match itself I expect to be one of if not the match of the night. Match of the year may be a tad strong because I don't expect 100% of the crowd to be into the match.

I also expect 3 more matches at least to be confirmed soon. These are:

The Corre vs Big Show, Kane and 'Diesel'?: I have no idea whether Diesel will be included but for the purpose of continuation considering Barrett's brief history and Show's stare down with him. Plus, 3 seven-footers should be enough for this match for Corre. Big Show is obvious and Kane seems to have aligned with Biggy so WWE are building this up.

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs Dolph Zigger and Laycool: The foundation was set on RAW with Morrison vs Ziggler and Vickie facing Trish next week. Expect interruption from Laycool on RAW to let Vickie win and Kelly Kelly either on RAW or Smackdown as retaliation. I'm not too big on how this seems to have been shoved together but in fairness to WWE, this has been brewing since before Elimination Chamber and it sort of took at Elimination Chamber so it should be a decent filler (but a chronic misuse of the in-ring skills of Morrison and Ziggler. At least they won't do much mic work :p). I do, however, feel sorry for Drew Mcintyre who has been cast away from Kelly Kelly and Vickie and is now unlikely to appear on the main card. Probably why he looked so good at Elimination Chamber. It was last gasp. The match itself should be entertaining anyway if not spectacular.

US Title: Daniel Bryan w/Gail Kim (and Eve?) vs Sheamus w/The Bella Twins: Like the match above, this was a match touted by the dirt-sheets as part of the reported 'complate card for Wrestlemania 27'. Bryan and Sheamus have a title match next week with the stip I think if Sheamus loses, he leaves. Simply put? DQ or no contest. The divas here will interrupt. Also, like the match above, this match has been thrown together somewhat and doesn't feel like a Wrestlemania feud. However, I do commend WWE for adding the divas if this happens. I know a lot of people will be saying WHY? Well, I would rather there be some sort of story other than Sheamus had a stare down with Daniel Bryan. At least the heat between Gail Kim and The Bellas (Eve could be included to even the balance) has been ongoing for a while. The match could be amazing and possibly match of the night too.

Having really looked at the card, I'm actually feeling quite happy with it. Most of the matches have been built up. The ones that haven't have a different purpose which I'm fine with because it gives us variety. I wish WWE would have had a money in the bank ladder match though because they still have enough superstars. I assume the other superstars will compete in a dark match battle royal for the DVD or something as will possibly the divas. All in all though, I think this Wrestlemania could actually be very, very good. So far, I'll be optimistic and give it a 7.5. A lot of the matches will be very good and enough of the matches actually have a feud going, even if the build-up hasn't been inch perfect.

What do you think about the card for Wrestlemania 27? Are you as optimistic about the event in terms of its quality?
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,065 Posts
I'll give it a 7 only because most of the matches have the potential to be great. Build up wise, a 2.

· Registered
484 Posts
Probably a 6 or 7. Really, a Mania should only have one or two "meh" matches on the card. But if the spoilers are true then about half of Mania will be a snoozefest unless they pull off something MASSIVE.

· Registered
896 Posts
Absolutely disgusted with the buildup and card they are producing this year, but there's still 3 weeks left so im keeping my fingers crossed.

The buildup so far - 3/10

The Card so far - 5/10

I would give them another point each if they add Christian to the WHC match and put on another MITB then 7/10

· Registered
480 Posts
How to mark 27 is very tough this year. The last couple years have had their ups and their downs. That in mind I don't expect this to be any different.

Miz v Cena: The focus on this match hasn't changed. It is still the miz vs cena. What we don't know is how The Rock will play out in it or if he will do anything. We don't know if WWE has The Rock as a heel or a hero in his return. The miz is getting his push and he has done a pretty damn good job being the heel here. The miz also has his sidekick at ringside to do his bidding so I want to think that The Rock will come out at some time during the match to make sure it is 1v1 with miz/cena. In the end cena will realize that he did instigate everything from the beginning and apoligize. (because that is how wwe wants people to see cena as "the good in people") After the apology they will shake hands and the rock will raise cena's hand in victory. At that moment cena with his hand raised by the man himself will become THE final vision of the wwe.

Edge vs ADR: I'm very interested in this match because it isn't just edge vs adr but also how will adr's ring announcer play his part. We all know that his announcer has helped him in the past and taken quite a few beatings for doing so. There are a couple ways that this can play out. Either edge wins outright w/o intervention (by taking out his ring announcer early on). ADR could win with the help of his announcer. Christian can come out and help edge by watching over ADR's announcer to make sure it is a 1v1 situation. IF ADR wins w/o the help of his announcer with christian watching over the announcer it will solidify the "Dark Days" of wwe. Where the heels run the lands. If ADR wins by christian making a mistake in trying to help edge and actually hurts him to cause edge to loose then that will open up a new story line between them two. Which that won't work because at this moment they are both on the honorable side and if christian said that it wasn't his intention then edge would believe it.

Regardless that will be a really interesting plot turn within the wwe.

The hard part..
HHH vs Undertaker: Two icons, one ring, one winner, one loser. If the undertaker looses then he looses the streak.. But if HHH looses then he really doesn't loose anything. They are playing on the gamble of IF he looses it or not against HHH. Everyone is thinking about that and not thinking about "well, what does HHH loose?". Like WM26 Shawn Michaels(SM) was retired for loosing to the undertaker. HHH has nothing to loose here and they have not even attempted to gamble on it or up the stakes so I expect that the undertaker will win. Unless.. Unless SM comes into play causing him to loose. Which would disrespect and dishonor HHH by his own friend. Though that shouldn't happen because of the SM interview with him saying he supports HHH winning but "wasn't sure how to feel about it" still may come into play.

Looking Foreward: Next year WM, the rock will take on the undertaker which will fully mark the rocks supremecy in the wwe and with such both will retire. "The rock has done all he wanted to achieve in the wwe" Except end the streak!.

Michael Cole jerry Lawler: This is only going to be interesting to see if/how steve austin contributes. Only for him though. Austin is permanently injured and should have never been a part of this. He can't do anything long term because most of today's wrestlers are not good enough like SM to trust into having a match with. (You need to know your shit and no one does it better then SM IMO)

Punk vs orton: I agree the build-up on this is great and orton is the next rock because he is still technically a heel and people love him for it. I still expect that orton will loose due to interactions by nexxus.

Speaking of people loving a heal: Drew McIntyre is the next in this chain. In the background of the Elimination chamber you can hear people starting to cheer for him. If he keeps it up and the wwe writes him into decimating everyone in an honorable way then he will be a very top contender. I admit I am a fan of DM and wish to see him with some gold.

Mysterios vs Rhodes: RM is getting to that point where he should retire. Only in my opinion. While if this was true then the worst way he could go out is to be demasked, defaced and humiliated on the grandest stage of them all.. WM! BUT! This is RM! That will never happen. He has heart, integrity, and honor by his side in his character. Though I think he should retire he should also be more of the face of the wwe then cena is. Again.. IMO.. Just like the last time when what.. Jericho.. took his mask off RM will have one or two underneath to prevent it.

The Corre vs Big Show, Kane and 'Diesel'?: This is just to fill some time. No way that this is going to be a good match in any sense.

I have to leave and wont' make any of my opinions on the rest of the show. Regardless it is going to be a good show. Or at least one can hope it will be. I purchased it and will be watching it as I have done for as long as I can remember.

· Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,508 Posts
WM27 gets the benefit of the doubt from me. It looks sucky but I felt the same way about WM22 and that show was amazing.

If somehow Morrison and Ziggler gets on the card, I'll give it a solid 7/10.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
The card looks shockingly weak. There's nothing "WRESTLE-FUCKING-MANIA" about it. Triple H vs. The Undertaker is the only epic matchup, and it comes at the cost of completely burying THREE feuds that preceded it, so the whole thing makes little sense. The Miz vs. John Cena and Edge vs. ADR are so-so main events for an average ppv, but they look terribe on this stage. A lot of the matches resemble something out of RAW or SmackDown. It's sad when the best build comes for a match featuring Michael Cole. My only hope is that despite my lowest expectations, WWE makes the most of having Rock, Austin, and Triple H under the same roof at the same time, possibly even Shawn Michaels, as well. I also hope that because you have a lot of up-and-comers that the work-rate is good.

I was never looking forward to WM 21, but Eddie/Mysterio was a hot opener, MITB was great, Hogan's return was the markout moment of my life, UT/Orton was a lot fun, HBK/Angle was MOTYC, and we saw two new champions crowned. If Miz and ADR win, then at least this will feel somewhat worth it.

· Premium Member
819 Posts
Build up - Horrible
Card - Decent
Legends such as Rock stone cold triple h taker Hbk and other showing up - priceless

lol but seriously the card does not look that great. I hope it comes out to be alot better then how it looks on paper.

· Registered
418 Posts
This thread should be about the card/build, rather than the event we haven't seen.

The card is... well, everyone thought that, on paper, WrestleMania 22 was going to be horrible. Well this is WrestleMania 22, all over again. I expect this card to change people's minds about some wrestlers, big time (in a positive way).

The build, however, can be said as this. No WrestleMania had a perfect build, not even WrestleMania 3, 17, 20, or 21. Even Rock vs. Austin at WrestleMania 17 had the Debra crud in the middle of the build. But those last few weeks MADE that build.

I'll wait and see about this Wrestlemania's build.

· Registered
1,930 Posts
Based on what I've seen WWE promote and making me care about it this year, I give it a 4/10. It's not even a 5 because I don't even think they're giving a half-ass effort as of late. The booking is so ass backwards, esp. the entire Cena/Rock thing. It's stupid. I was expecting a major build this year, esp. with the momentum the company had after Rock's return. The oomph left the building with this crap HHH/Taker shit on 2.21. So underwhelming, Sting hype or not. They didn't come through with their own hype and now the show is even lacking a big match with Taker. It's screwed. I honestly didn't need 3 weeks of hype to lead me to a match I've seen before at the same event exactly 10 years ago, then have them act like it never even took place. Get real.

If I paid $60 for it, maybe I'd get a kick out of some undercard matches, but everything else would be largely forgettable -- just like the past two Mania's. By watching it for free, I might actually enjoy the whole damn thing knowing I didn't just potentially waste my fucking hard earned cash. The fact I might be near drunk taking a shot after everytime Booker T says "wait a minute" for 4 hours straight might help, too.

I'm not going in on a gamble that it might be good because I got bit in the ass with WWE before this way. This is just a standard PPV in a bigger venue posing as Wrestlemania to me. End of story.

And for everyone saying Mania 22 had shitty build, at least it had matches I cared about. HHH/Cena, Edge/Foley, and Angle/Orton/Mysterio for starters. Trying to get me to care about Del Rio when he's not saying anything new in his promos every week or attempting to make me care about the Miz in this whole Cena/Rock crap is a diff. story.

Unless they kick it into high gear in this home stretch and stop dicking around, fuck this.

Reactions: Demandred

· Registered
186 Posts
10/10 why?

Because I will be there an I will interfere the jerry / cole / austin match TOTALY DRUNK.
I will Stunner Austin, kiss Cole, and fart in jerry’s face. And that’s going to happen cause I’m damn immortal when I m drunk so no force on earth can stop me from that!!! (Except for naked divas)

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Based on the card and build up for the card, I'd give it a 4/10...I truthfully can't say there is any match I'm that interested in seeing, to be honest I'm kinda of thinking about giving the live show a miss.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
2/10. The only match that looks like it's even going to be decent at all is HHH/UT, surprisingly.

· Registered
2,765 Posts
I'd give the card a 5 or 6 out of 10 so far.

Right now I'm only interested in three things:
1.) The Rock
2.) Punk/Orton
3.) Rhodes/Mysterio

Cena/Miz is too predictable, as is Edge/Del Rio, and HHH/Taker.

Of course, the overall show could become more interesting with guys like Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker, HBK, Kane, and possibly Diesel all being at the same event at the same time.

Sheamus/Bryan could turn out to be a good match and hoepfully revitalize interest in the US Title.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.