Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incase you don't know yet, the smackdown main event was a 6 man tag match.

Sheamus, Randy Orton and The Great Khali vs. Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry

Cody Rhodes however, attacked Khail before the match therfore making it a 2 on 3 handicap match between -

Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry

Big show then came down to the ring and requested to be the tag team partnar of Orton and Sheamus. The ref agreed and made the match...

Sheamus, Randy Orton and The Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry

The question I'm asking is would you have allowed the Big Show into the match if you were the ref.

Please remember, Big Show cheated in the match. Mark Henry and Randy Orton were the legal men and Big Show gave Henry a massive punch which allowed Orton to take advantage. Big Show did not have the tag so would you have allowed this cheat in the match if you were the ref?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
If were going to start following the 'rules' of WWE than a lot of that match was quite illegal. In fact if we're going to start treating rules as rules than pretty much all WWE matches are illegal.

For example, if I was a ref there I'd think: "Huh, Cody just attacked a guy before the match has started, unprovoked, man unprepared, better disqualify there entire team, declare Sheamus and buddies the winners, fill out some forms recommending Cody's suspension considering video replays also showed he illegally attacked Big Show earlier tonight."

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If were going to start following the 'rules' of WWE than a lot of that match was quite illegal. In fact if we're going to start treating rules as rules than pretty much all WWE matches are illegal.

For example, if I was a ref there I'd think: "Huh, Cody just attacked a guy before the match has started, unprovoked, man unprepared, better disqualify there entire team, declare Sheamus and buddies the winners, fill out some forms recommending Cody's suspension considering video replays also showed he illegally attacked Big Show earlier tonight."
Exaclty. When booking things like putting Big Show in the match, they chucked the rules out the window.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
They chucked out that rule book a while ago.

In the grand scheme of things, letting a guy take the place of an injured guy makes more sense than half the other rules breaks that occur within WWE. I'm pretty sure Daniel Bryan randomly interfered a few times in that much and was unpunished. Maybe as part of a plot line they should take away his title shot for the rule infringement.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't want Big Show in any matches if I had my way. Needs to hurry up and retire.
Totatly agree with ya. Big Show sucks. GET RID OF HIM!

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Totatly agree with ya. Big Show sucks. GET RID OF HIM!
Disagree.
He's a big name and does add alot to smackdown and the mid card belt.
The fans love him and he works well as a face.
Its not like he's hogging the main event stage every week or the main belt.

Big Show is fine.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
No, I would've had Lillian announce that Show could not replace Khali since he'd already wrestled (BOO) then announce that instead that spot would be filled by William Regal (YAY)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Disagree.

Big Show is fine.
Finally! Someone with abit of sense!
At least some people on this forum actually own a brain cell.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not saying his not a good face I just don't think he is a good wrestler anymore and I don't think he should be squashing Cody Rhodes

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Disagree.

Big Show is fine.
No he's not, his character is even more goofy then Cena, yet you can stand Big Show over Cena. Last monday when he gave that hug to Khali, that hug lasted way to long, way to goofy character

He also frequently botches, he is the reason Barett got injured, he botched the match with Orton with the whole crowd chanting "You fucked up", and he is just horrible in the ring nowadays.

·
Premium Member
17,277 Posts
What was the point of Khali coming out, to get injured, and have big show come in? Couldn't they just have had Bigshow from the start and let Khali not have to walk (it looks so painful for him)? Would have saved a lot of fucking time.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Finally! Someone with abit of sense!
At least some people on this forum actually own a brain cell.
Same opinion as you =/= smart

I happen to have the opinion that Big Show is a useless joke, basically a fat bad wrestler version of John Cena. He went over Cody Rhodes unnecessarily at WrestleMania and that wasn't the first time he's beaten a young, more worthwhile talent than himself.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What was the point of Khali coming out, to get injured, and have big show come in? Couldn't they just have had Bigshow from the start and let Khali not have to walk (it looks so painful for him)? Would have saved a lot of fucking time.
You probley have a good idea.. Maybe Khali could have been attacked backstage.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I don't understand the hate on Big Show. If he was heel, you smarks would all love him.
Yes, I would have let him in. It made sense for the storyline's sake to screw Cody over for trying to be opportunistic.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
No he's not, his character is even more goofy then Cena, yet you can stand Big Show over Cena. Last monday when he gave that hug to Khali, that hug lasted way to long, way to goofy character

He also frequently botches, he is the reason Barett got injured, he botched the match with Orton with the whole crowd chanting "You fucked up", and he is just horrible in the ring nowadays.
You just sound like a but hurt fan.
I never compared Big Show to Cena?
I said at least he is not hogging the main event, I made no reference to Cena, I was implying that he is not main event material anymore. But he is a big name who makes the mid card stronger and who will eventually but some guys over

You just based an opinion on a wrestler from a hug? :lmao
Deary me

(And for the record, I am a huge fan of John Cena)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
No, I would not let him into the match unless Johnny ace came and said that he's the replacement for Khali.
But, since this is all staged, obviously, Big show had to be there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts