Wrestling Forum banner

If you were a kid would you like Cena ?

4385 80
I have 3 younger brothers, 2 of which are 4 and 5 and love wrestling. One is a cena FANATIC and the other likes him but his favourite is edge (or rather was, i dunno).

The child fanbase cena has is huge and theres no doubt that he is the biggest draw in WWE, at every show theres legions of kids wearing his merchandise doing that daft 'see me' thing and they go nuts for him. I think most of us can agree his wrestling ability isnt great and his character to some of us older guys is fucking boring yet this guy appeals to the younger crowd so much and he is the best at doing that.

So as a kid would you have liked cena ?

I bet i would have before the rock and austin came along. I liked bret hart when i first started watching WWF at about 4 and i rekon him and cena are similar. Cena wins all the time, hes like superman at times and hes all good blah blah blah.

In the attitude era i rekon most kids would have passed him off as a goon, and wouldnt have done well, but i cant say that for sure as he wasnt around then.

So as a kid if john cena in all his glory had been around do you think you would have been a cena kid ?

And before you answer use some perspective.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Usually the kids tend to follow the adults in terms of who to cheer for. Nowadays because there are a lot less adults in the crowd the kids dictate who is over. Hence why only Cena and Orton are over. Naturally as a yound kid you tend to favour the faces so most likely yes the vast majority would be Cena fans.

· Registered
647 Posts
When I was 6-7 years old i was the weird one in school in the fact everyone love Warrior and Hogan and my favorite was Big Boss Man lol I had so many action figures and such but my Bossman figure would lie on the pillow next to me when i went to bed.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
He's a smarmy apple shiner and company man. Imagining myself as a middle schooler the one phrase I hear Cena saying is "Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to give us homework!"

I absolutely would have been on Jericho and Angle's side.

· Registered
543 Posts
Well i started watching wrestling (around the time, when Batista was still in Evolution), and when i saw John Cena debut on raw, i was a big fan of his actualy. So yes, i would like Cena for a couple of years, like i did before.

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Depends how young i was, and even then probably only for about 6 months

When I started watching in 2002 in the brief period when i wasnt smart to the buisiness i did cheer for complete dorks like Maven who they wanted you to, before beginning to like heels ect.

So I guess if i was like 6-7 and started watching then yeah.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
Of course. There's a reason every kid you see in the audience has a red t-shirt and a red head band on. He's like a superhero to them. It's no different than many of us loving Hogan and Warrior when we were little.

· Registered
396 Posts
Hard to say... I guess I wouldn't.
I always liked Undertaker when I was a little kid.

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course. There's a reason every kid you see in the audience has a red t-shirt and a red head band on. He's like a superhero to them. It's no different than many of us loving Hogan and Warrior when we were little.
Well your right there but what about when rock/austin were around ? They certainly werent suprheroes

· Banned
4,575 Posts
I like Cena now. So, yeah, probably.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
When I was a kid I was a HHH fan through and through. This was at the height of the McMahon Helmsley Era when he was a complete dick and people hated his guts so I most likely would not be a Cena fan lol. But then again, I'm a Cena fan now so who knows?

· Registered
72 Posts
No, I hated Hulk Hogan being a kid in the 80's. I always have preferred crafty heels ever since I started watching when I was 12 (although British Bulldogs were the reason why I started watching and were my favorites in the 80's). Cena has many of the same attributes that made me loathe Hogan back in the day.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
As a kid I hated everything that wasn't a wrestling match and based most of my likes and dislikes of wrestler based on their finishers. While I likely wouldn't have liked Cena, I would have been a raving lunatic about Orton.

· Banned
1,911 Posts
wow, Thank God my childhood was during the attitude era. Thank god I never cheered for Captian Hoegan and worse, the Ultimate Warrior, dude is more corny than Cena.

Thank you Austin, Rock, Foley, Angle, Jericho and Taker(even though he needs to retire

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.