Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well....this is a hard question. So many factors could alter so many different answers.

I think if I was completely oblivious to wrestling I would be intrigued at first. The crazier the better so Bray Wyatt mystic messages and Braun Strowman flipping over Ambulances would gain my attention. Watching grown men in their "underwear" and oiled up would most likely put me off. I'd rather see wrestlers in MMA style shorts tbh.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Yeah probably. Considering I became a fan at first in the ruthless agression era while Jbl was one of the worst champions ever according to many people. As a kid it didnt matter if the product was good or not I loved everything

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
F*** No. I'd be too embarassed to watch this crap and wouldn't have the necessary nostalgia goggles needed to pacify the deep seeded self-resentment that stems from being a fan of this dreck.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Honestly, it would depend how quickly in the show Alexa Bliss and her ass turn up on screen. The scripted promos would for the most part not be holding my attention, and without knowing the history and background of the various characters, I'm not sure I'd be able to get invested from a standing start.

Like other people have said, its hard to answer. Does "never previously watched wrestling" infer that we are supposed to believe its real?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hard to say.

Wrestlemania 9 was is my earliest memory of watching wrestling and that is considered to be not only one of the worst Manias of all time but one of the worst PPV'S ever.

Although being your first show you don't have anything to compare it by,
which is the problem a lot of us more jaded fans have today.

If you was to watch Takeover last night and go and watch Raw on Monday you probably think what is this crap.
Yet if this Mondays raw is compared to pretty much any Raw in 95 or any Nitro in 00 it would look like a masterclass so its all really perspective and knowledge.

The problem most non wrestling fans have,
and the problem i would have if i had never seen Pro Wrestling before,
is the Stigma and reputation that Pro Wrestling has is hard to overcome as its spoken so badly about by so many.

So i would already be going into the show with an opinion an expectation even though i actually don't know the first thing about the product,

I guess that is why most of us get into Pro Wrestling as children because as children we are less influenced by what society thinks so we approach stuff with a more open mind and we are fare less presumptuous as a result.

So to cut a long post short.

I honestly wouldn't watch it.

As i know from my experiences now as an adult that stigmas and presuming topics is something i in all honestly do far to much.

I have never watched one of those E network/MTV reality TV shows based purely on the fact i make assumptions about the types of people who watch those shows and the types of characters the stars of those shows portray.

When who knows Maybe i would enjoy 'Keeping up with the Essex people by the shore with the bright teeth and IQ lowering tone of voice TV show extravaganza' but because i probably assume and judge so much more as an adult.

I will probably never find out.

Now i am going to watch Bate VS Dunne again because sometimes just sometimes.
Wrestling is Bloody Awesome.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I'd probably cringe so hard I'd pass out. It's an embarrassing too fucking long circus show with no stories or characters.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
well who knows as clearly the product is different to what I got hooked on so therefore if I watched it for the first time today, I might not bother at all, its not the same to flicking over the channel during the attitude era or ruthless aggression era.

I keep up to date now mostly because I used to really love it, its like a band that used to better than they are now, you still like them but its not the same, todays product alone wouldnt likely make me want to watch it every week because I dont now with an already established interest.

on flip side, if I had no previous knowledge on how good it once was, it might seem like the best thing ever.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
F*** No. I'd be too embarassed to watch this crap and wouldn't have the necessary nostalgia goggles needed to pacify the deep seeded self-resentment that stems from being a fan of this dreck.
So you admit to having to be pacified by nostalgia goggles because of a lot of self-resentment while being at war with yourself? :punk2

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
52,791 Posts
No. No one is charasmatic enough on today's roster to pull me in and the writing sucks.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,200 Posts
Impossible to answer because there's like a million variables. If I watched a normal Raw, probably not. If I watched last night's Takeover show, or one of the shows later on in the CWC, or Royal Rumble this year, etc, then I would probably really enjoy it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts