Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What 5-10 changes would you make?

Id end the brand split therefore get rid of the WWE title and WHC and have an undisputed chanpionship.

Get rid of the hidious tag team title belts.

Sack del rio.

add the cruiserwight title.

chnage the divas title back to the womens.

pay all the money in the world to get bobby roode and all the top talent from tna to wwe!!

get rid of capitol punishment and all them crappy names ppv shows and bring back backlash etc.

get rid of all pointless superstars and only have the main eventers, mid card, cruiserweights, tag teams and divas.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
1. Add another hour onto the show.

2. End the brand split.

3. I would put everybody where they deserve to be, and have no mercy when it comes to the shit talents.

4. Do a complete overhaul on the "diva's" division, possible bring back the women's title.

5. Hire more talent for a tag team division, (maybe not, I don't think it draws that well.)

6. Put Smackdown! on Thursdays, simply because I would actually watch it and I could :lmao @ TNA.

7. Do everything I could to hire the greater talents from TNA and fire the shitty ones from WWE.

8. Completely re-do the creative team. Put more focus on great storylines.

9. Have only 6-8 PPV's a year.

10. Change the look of the WWE title and the Tag Team Titles.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
End duel branded shows, keep Raw guys on Raw, Smackdown guys on Smackdown in the process getting of duel-branded PPV's and restoring the old ones(Backlash, Vengenance, Judgement Day, Armageddon, No Mercy etc) they'd interact for the big five on five at SS but that's it outside of the occasional Raw vs. Smackdown match at Mania and three hour shows(Drafts, Anniversary shows, etc)

Ditch the awful tag titles, bring back the old Raw and Smackdown titles.

Get the Playboy deal back

Bring back blood but only for when it was needed, like if I wanted to help get Del Rio over, he'd bust Cena open with a weapon.

Re-sign JBL.

·
Asuka
96,222 Posts
1 ~ Make Punk the top guy in the company. If Cena is really such a big draw, then people are gonna pay to see him anyway, so who gives a shit.

2 ~ Make Barrett the top heel. He's the best heel in the company, so he should be used as the top heel. Just as it would make sense.

3 ~ De-push Randy Orton. This will NOT affect business, and that's why it's happening. He has proven to be a disappointment and has never lived up to the expectations that the company has for him.

4 ~ Start pushing Alex Riley. I know he's green and he needs work, that's why I'd start small, but something has to start for him. He's got too much potential to just be on the bench, and he won't improve that way. He should be working 10-15 minute US title matches with guys like Ziggler and Swagger every week. He's a main event prospect, they need to start preparing him to main event down the road.

5 ~ Change the WWE Championship. This one goes without saying, and I don't care if it sells. Just get Cena to say how amazing the new one is and all the kids will buy the new one, and I don't even think they'll stop buying the old one if it's that popular.

6 ~ No more inconsistency. If a guy is gonna be a top guy, he's gonna be a top guy and that's just how it is. If he's not, he's not. That's not to say that I would never push a low carder who begins to impress, not at all. What I mean is no gigantic pushes like Swagger, unless I'm committed to that person. Nobody is going from world champion to Superstars regular, and nobody is going from Superstars regular to world champion, for that matter.

7 ~ Move SmackDown back to Thursdays. People go to bars on Friday night, they don't watch tv. While I'm at it, SmackDown has to be live, at least semi regularly. I know it costs more to have it live, but at least once a month, or something.

8 ~ No charity reigns. Ever. A guy should not be world champion solely because he's spent 15 years in the company. Christian deserves the belt because he's awesome, Kane does not.

9 ~ Actual storylines in the mid card instead of pointless matches. This is the foundation of getting over, and WWE has largely lost it. You wonder why we have no stars, it's because nobody cares about the guys in the midcard because they have no reason to, so they jump straight into the big time and they don't look credible next to John Cena and Randy Orton.

10 ~ Make The Miz the face of SmackDown. We need a good, strong face in charge of SmackDown, and this ties in to the Randy Orton point. He's not cutting it, we need a guy with charisma, who's marketable, who can talk, who's great with the media to be leading the blue brand. He's not gonna be the top guy on Raw, because like I said, that's Punk, and he's not a better heel than Barrett, so he turns face and leads SmackDown.

·
Registered
156 Posts
1. Redesign the WWE and Tag belts (go back to old school tag and the "winged" belt)
2. Blood
3. PPV's would only be Summerslam, Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, MIB, Hell in Cell and bring back an old school one like Starrcade or War Games.
4. Winning the title would actually mean something, meaning longer title runs.
5. Smackdown needs to be moved to another day, no one with a life is staying home on a Friday to watch wrestling.
6. More Managers/Valets. Example: Tons of hate for ADR, but who does the IWC love, Ricardo or even Vicki G
7. John Cena as a heel
8. Mix up the announcing team. Not sure who I would hire, but Booker T would def be gone.
9. 4 Horsemen type heel group with actual heat and a good push.
10. Build stories. Today they build something only to switch it a week or two later. Its confusing to the viewers and throws out the logic of some of the matches

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
End the brand Split and have unification match for title at Mania

Reduce the size of the roster particularly the divas division

Reduce PPVS to 6

In place of PPVs have a monthly three hour edition of Raw called Championship Raw which would be commercial free and have multiple title matches minus the heavyweight title. This would not occur in PPV months

Royal Rumble, Mania, King of the Ring, Summerlam, Haloween Havoc, Survivor Series would be the PPVs

Change the roles of Heels and faces so that they are not all the same superman v coward. heels would be dominant and the babyface title chase would be the core element to the show ala Rock v HHH in early 2000

I would not have one guy as the top guy in the company. Instead it would be four or five guys on an even keel and let the fans choose.

·
Ex nihilo
9,317 Posts
1 ~ Make Punk the top guy in the company. If Cena is really such a big draw, then people are gonna pay to see him anyway, so who gives a shit.

2 ~ Make Barrett the top heel. He's the best heel in the company, so he should be used as the top heel. Just as it would make sense.

3 ~ De-push Randy Orton. This will NOT affect business, and that's why it's happening. He has proven to be a disappointment and has never lived up to the expectations that the company has for him.

4 ~ Start pushing Alex Riley. I know he's green and he needs work, that's why I'd start small, but something has to start for him. He's got too much potential to just be on the bench, and he won't improve that way. He should be working 10-15 minute US title matches with guys like Ziggler and Swagger every week. He's a main event prospect, they need to start preparing him to main event down the road.

5 ~ Change the WWE Championship. This one goes without saying, and I don't care if it sells. Just get Cena to say how amazing the new one is and all the kids will buy the new one, and I don't even think they'll stop buying the old one if it's that popular.

6 ~ No more inconsistency. If a guy is gonna be a top guy, he's gonna be a top guy and that's just how it is. If he's not, he's not. That's not to say that I would never push a low carder who begins to impress, not at all. What I mean is no gigantic pushes like Swagger, unless I'm committed to that person. Nobody is going from world champion to Superstars regular, and nobody is going from Superstars regular to world champion, for that matter.

7 ~ Move SmackDown back to Thursdays. People go to bars on Friday night, they don't watch tv. While I'm at it, SmackDown has to be live, at least semi regularly. I know it costs more to have it live, but at least once a month, or something.

8 ~ No charity reigns. Ever. A guy should not be world champion solely because he's spent 15 years in the company. Christian deserves the belt because he's awesome, Kane does not.

9 ~ Actual storylines in the mid card instead of pointless matches. This is the foundation of getting over, and WWE has largely lost it. You wonder why we have no stars, it's because nobody cares about the guys in the midcard because they have no reason to, so they jump straight into the big time and they don't look credible next to John Cena and Randy Orton.

10 ~ Make The Miz the face of SmackDown. We need a good, strong face in charge of SmackDown, and this ties in to the Randy Orton point. He's not cutting it, we need a guy with charisma, who's marketable, who can talk, who's great with the media to be leading the blue brand. He's not gonna be the top guy on Raw, because like I said, that's Punk, and he's not a better heel than Barrett, so he turns face and leads SmackDown.
I would actually support pretty much all these changes

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
Redesign the wwe title.
End brand split.
Undisputed champion.
Mid-card storylines.
Cruisderweight title for superstars.
Sign some tag team talent. MCMG for example.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I must say though before writing this that all though for me these changes would be great, im currently happy with the current WWE-most of the things I have mentioned are more from a business point of view and are things the WWE have considered in the past.

1. End the brand split, with this I would redesign the set, logos and change the theme music and signature movie at the beging of the show.

2. Re design the current WWE championship , to a more respectable and classic belt.

3. Re-structure the whole roster, clean out all the dead wood talent and bring in some fresh faces. Losses would be people such as Drew Mcintyre, Hornswoggle, The Great Kahli etc

4. Bring back credibility to the different divisions ie. Women's, Cruiserweight, Tag Team, Intercontinental, US belt - making sure that on each belt there was a healthy competition of people competing and actually wanting to win the lesser titles and giving it some credibility,especially when you look back at thew superstars who have won these titles in the past.
Obviously this will give people like Ziggler and Rhodes plenty of practice when and if they push them selves up the roster.

5. Make sure there was a mixed balance between heels and faces

6. Make sure that there where a lot more surprises that people don't know until last minute.

7. Shake up Smackdown, especially by getting rid of teddy long, possibly moving the show to be a live show on the Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday.

8. Add an extra hour to each show to give the mid carders more time to shine.

9. Bring back some more stipulation matches and when they do use them properly ie the hell in a cell match that just happened involved nobody on top of the cell nor any out of ring wrestling.

10. Add an extra show which will be like a fans forum, where they have round the table discussions with legends who talk about past and present also, fans can call in and ask questions, show clips of old shows etc.

11 Get rid off two PPV's

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
teddy long has managed to throughout his whole smackdown career saying no more than 15 words hes a robot and features in the same point every night.

teddy longs dictionary

playa holla tonight champion against randy orton fight against main event smackdown last week bout

the longer he stays here the less words he says

·
Registered
468 Posts
teddy long has managed to throughout his whole smackdown career saying no more than 15 words hes a robot and features in the same point every night.

teddy longs dictionary

playa holla tonight champion against randy orton fight against main event smackdown last week bout

the longer he stays here the less words he says
made me laugh

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
-Read my sig.
-Overhaul the creative staff, replace them with people who know what pro wrestling is and respect it
-No "scripted promos"
-"Raid" some of the other feds with good talent, replacing the green, dead weight
-No more than 12 ppvs; unless it's one of the big 4 no cheesy, gimmick-named ppvs
-No more Smackdown.
-Limit house shows
-Get rid of Cole, Lawler and Roberts, bring in Schivone, Hudson and Penzer;
-Turn John Cena back into the Word Life thug
-More stables
-Bring back the CW division
-Abolish the Divas division and toss the chicks aside
-Won't back down from Mattel and GLADD or cut ties with them altogether. If they have trite issues with the way I ran my shows too bad. The company will survive without them
-More match concepts.
-Do whatever it takes to bring back Goldberg.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts