Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know TNA fucked Joe up pretty bad. Some of you want to blame his weight or his 'laziness' but I believe thats a minor issue and TNA was killing his momentum even before he gained weight.

Now if you ran TNA how would you build him back up again? Personally Id put him on another undefeated streak and mention something like "I've been letting all these distractions keep me from my goals, and thats being the baddest of the bad here in TNA." So just for a year id have him winning matches against everyone, slowly building him because its gonna take at least a year of kicking ass for that "badass" aura and believability to come back. And then after hes done with the undercard id put him in a sort of Kurt Angle scenario we he vows to beat all the former world champions.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I would tell him that every match is going to be 20 minutes, and say he has to murder fools, only in the ring. That motivates the talent and he gets to work a gimmick the crowd is used to. Murder fool.s Start with people he has an axe to grind with. After about 3, joe gets a little predatorial, goes after x division title. Wins it and that night (make it happen on impact) uses it to attack the tv champ and starts that program. Wins that in a ppv and holds it, until the next night where he waits for the champ to show up, knocks him out with the tv titles and leaves it on him as he walks away.

Of course, that leaves the tv division and x division in tatters, but given joe's history and how tna lovews to do mad dashes for vacant titles, is it really an issue?

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
how to rebuild Joe?

Simple

PROTECT HIM.

No goof storylines. No stupid promos about 'doubt'. No mentors.

Send the guy home to drop 30 pounds and tone up and give him a 8 month run as TV champion. Let the guy have ROH style main event matches against guys like Wolfe (if he can still go), Lethal, Williams, Kazarian, and others.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
how to rebuild Joe?

Simple

PROTECT HIM.

No goof storylines. No stupid promos about 'doubt'. No mentors.

Send the guy home to drop 30 pounds and tone up and give him a 8 month run as TV champion. Let the guy have ROH style main event matches against guys like Wolfe (if he can still go), Lethal, Williams, Kazarian, and others.
Basically, that sounds like my X division plan I've been preaching about forever on here.

·
8,232 Posts
30 lbs is a bit much for Joe. Gotta keep him husky, otherwise he's not Samoa fucking Joe.

Have him drop 20 lbs at the most and tell him if he does he's in store for a mega push. Then I'd have him dominate everyone that comes in his way, but that take's patience and consistency. Those are two things you don't get in TNA.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Make him lose 15ish pounds then have him go on a destroying spree, starting with Fortune, then Immortal. Leading to a Hardy vs Joe match with Joe winning. Then after 6 or months he jumps ship with the belt and face Punk at WM29 for a unification match. (by this time CM Punk will be the undisputed champ of WWE).

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The impact after any given PPV, Joe begins a 4 week squashing spree. On the 4th impact, someone, preferably the TV or Heavyweight champ at the time comes out after the match ends and says if Joe is ready to stop running through lightweight competition, then he can face them for their title at the following PPV. Joe accepts, but then goes why wait now. Joe and the champion start brawling, security breaks it up, both men come out looking strong. Joe wins the title at the PPV, and begins a 4-12 month reign as the champion.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
I think we should just let Joe R.I.P and enjoy all his great work from the past.

TNA killed him. He'll never get back to where he was.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I'd reference how the last time Joe wrestled Jeff Hardy their match ended in a draw with joe now looking for the rematch and Jeff Hardy ducking him with Joe having to slowly run the gauntlet of the members of Immortal and Fourtune setting up matches with AJ, Kazarian, maybe bring Angle back as some kind of mystery partner to face Storm and Roode, maybe even a match with Flair, an attack on Hogan where he get's bloddied could do some good assuming he could handle a little damage.

A showdown with some babyfaces would be good too as Jeff Hardy is so hated everybody want's a piece of him setting up matches with joe and Anderson, Joe and Pope, Joe and Morgan, Joe and Sting, and Joe and Angle.

All of this leading to a Joe title shot, all of this would not only rebuild Joe but build the prestige of the title and the pursuit of the title.

I'd also have it revealed they were behind the Joe kidnapping as a recruitment ploy in trying to bring back bad ass Joe and taking credit for Joe's return to form and Joe being offered a spot in Immortal which Joe turns down.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Reading this thread everyone agrees. Just have Joe murderin' fools.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,906 Posts
I'd do what a lot of people say an that's simple enough, let him go back to wrecking shop against any and everyone by himself. No gimmicks no friends, just Joe and his kicks and submissions.

But for those who need details.

I'd have Joe sell his recent beating and have him take another and get him off tv for maybe 2 months at the most. I'd have him get assaulted a couple weeks into the future and have him put out. And when most of the Fourtune/Immortals stuff is over and Angle or Anderson is champion. And I'm pulling for Angle cause he's a proven pleaser and non-injury prone performer.

Angle makes his way through Immortal while Fourtune dissolves from within. That way Angle puts down the established crowd, Jeff, Hogan, Abyss, Jarrett and Bischoff. While Fourtune, the young guys take each other out. That way, they aren't "buried" by Angle and they all elevate each other. Kurt holds the title despite Bischoff's best efforts and when he's done, he goes back to his I'll retire bit. But he makes it clear that he'll only defend against guys younger than him. Effectively turning himself into Randy Couture of wrestling.

After Angle wrestles each and every week he says he knows that the guys in the back have more to offer and he begs for a guy to stand up and take the title. And out comes Anderson, but before he can get to the ring, Joe's music hits and Joe wrecks Anderson. Covering his (Joe) towel in Anderson's blood. Joe wears it as a trophy to the ring and gets in Angle's face. And we have a bizzaro scene of Angle's debut. And Joe headbutts Angle in the face and busts him open. No words just action. No over booking just a story told with action. Save the wrestling for ppv. Let the story unfold on iMPACT! Let it end on ppv.

Does Joe immediately win the title, no. Does he lose to Angle via Anderson interference, yes. Joe then switches to Anderson all the while reminding the crowd that he hasn't forgot about Angle. Then after Anderson and Joe have it off, Joe switches back to Angle and they have at it a couple more times and finish it with Joe winning the title back.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts