Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Re: If you hate what the WWE is puting our right now, why do you keep watching?

No idea why people ask this question. It's pretty simple.

A soap opera - BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL - if you will, is one story. A book is one story. If you don't like that story, you don't watch it or read it, simple as that, right?

Well now think about, I dunno, football. Either you're a fan of the sport itself and you watch everything or you're a fan of a team or a couple of teams and you watch whatever they do.

If you're a fan of the sport, you watch everything you can. Every game that's on.
If you're a fan of a couple of teams, you will only watch what concerns you.

In a way, wrestling is similar. If you don't like X, there's always Y on, and if you don't like both, there's Z.

Normally Raw has about four stories minimum per week happening, so if you're not interested in Roman FUCKING Reigns, you will still watch for Dean Ambrose, for example.

Not only that, but you can tune in to watch professional wrestling.
This is why I compared it to stories in soap operas and books - you have general entertainment in story form - and also compared it to sports - you have a competition (though it's booked you still don't know the outcome (most of the time)).

·
NO PAIN!
5,277 Posts

Because,

Daniel Bryan
Cesaro
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Brock Lesnar
Sami Zayn
Kevin Owens
Finn Balor
Charlotte
Sasha Banks

Are absolutely incredible wrestlers. No matter how badly WWE continues to present their version of "pro wrestling", you still cannot deny that they have the best talent of any US promotion. Maybe of any promotion in the world, depending on how you feel about NJPW. Also, to be perfectly honest, I don't watch Raw and Smackdown anymore unless I hear about a great match or segment, and even then I'll just got find it online. I only watch the PPV's. I subscribed to the WWE Network when it came out about a year ago, but once I realized they are never going to get around to uploading all the old, good pro wrestling I love I unsubscribed. If they would add all the seasons of Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, WCW Saturday Night, etc I might consider re subscribing.

At any rate, the easiest answer I would give is because as absolutely dreadful as the current WWE product is, it's still better than TNA and there is no other viable alternative. It would be amazing if Mark Cuban or someone decided "Hey, there are a lot of unsatisfied wrestling fans out there. Maybe I should bankroll a new company, hire all the best talent from around the world, and really make a run at it."

If some guy with some REALLY deep pockets hired the right people to run the creative portion (like JR, Heyman, etc) and hired good TV producers, they could put WWE down within 5 years, no problem. Once all those great talents I just listed had their contracts run out with WWE, they could jump ship and really bury WWE for good.

Just imagine a current "dream team" roster:

Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Sami Zayn
Kevin Steen
Cesaro
Dean Ambrose
Adrian Neville
Shinsuke Nakamura
Kazuchicka Okada
Sami Callihan
Adam Cole
Austin Aries
Samoa Joe
Seth Rollins
Prince Devitt
KENTA
Young Bucks
Tomohiro Ishii

Yea, no way WWE could ever compete with that.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts

Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean it's above critique and can't be improved upon.

Also, the Swagbooty always drags me back.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
18,963 Posts

There is no other option on Monday or Thursday nights. Unless Jarrett's company can force Vince to change then at least we still have the Attitude era stuff on The Network.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

1. For the people who still watch, they can't possibly hate it. I've never(especially a tv show) continued to watch if it didn't entertain them. It is not the same as a sports team, because WWE can always produce at least a well-written show if they wanted. The reasons why a sports team isn't good always in their control.

2. People still watch because they like professional wrestling

3. People over exaggerate the problems with the WWE. The quality of the product is at a C level right now, meaning the product isn't bad but could be better. If the product was truly at a D/F level, we would leave.

4. It is hard to break old habits, especially if you still see hope for the future.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts

all of the smarks who claimed to cancel their subscriptions are sheep...that's all they are...useless sheeps.

I for one didn't watch smackdown and have no real intention on watching much until after wrestlemania.

·
Registered
394 Posts
wwe has become unwatchable! yes it's the worse time for wwe in history of the company

For goodness sake why is this company so horrible at writing a good show? Wwe has all of the great wrestlers in america on the roster. I can't understand how wwe is so brutally bad to watch. The shows are boring as hell and the wrestlers fans actually like are constantly buried by vince. It's like vince is purposely trying to destroy his own company . It's that bad but it don't have to be this way. I am pretty much worn out trying to enjoy these such garbage raws.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I did stop watching only came wrestle mania 30 from a 7 year absence due to super cena sucking the fun out of everything. Now two years in a row promising talent will be fed to him

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Re: wwe has become unwatchable! yes it's the worse time for wwe in history of the company

They employ writers that don't know wrestling, and that there are way too many writers. 30 writers, 30 opinions. Not a good way to go.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Re: wwe has become unwatchable! yes it's the worse time for wwe in history of the company

Laziness and complacency. There is no motivation to put any effort into anything besides Vince/HHH's boy toy. No attention given to the mid card, tag division, divas division. Lots of other options out there but I wish there was competition, TRUE competition.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Don't watch I guess.

Look try this.

Forget wwe has all these great wrestlers. Forget everything you've seen before. Attitude era, all that stuff.even Put what's going on now out of your head.

Just start watching it as if it's a brand new show And accept it for what it is. You'll never enjoy it if you're constantly comparing it to what it used to be or what it could be. Your expectations are probably three times larger than realty

·
Registered
394 Posts
Raw has turned into the worst show on tv imo. Can't think of another show being as poorly written and as boring as raw

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

What are you talking about, it was bad in the fall but WAY BETTER now, I love it, the casket match was bad fucking ass and shows Kane has still got it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Don't watch I guess.

Look try this.

Forget wwe has all these great wrestlers. Forget everything you've seen before. Attitude era, all that stuff.even Put what's going on now out of your head.

Just start watching it as if it's a brand new show And accept it for what it is. You'll never enjoy it if you're constantly comparing it to what it used to be or what it could be. Your expectations are probably three times larger than realty
But I do try to block out the past era's. But when watching these raws it bores me to tears. I just can't enjoy it. I want to like it but vince won't let me

·
Registered
12,661 Posts

i haven't watched a full RAW since the RAW after Mania last year. And that's probably the only full RAW I have watched in the last 18 months.

Weekly tv is unwatchable to me.

Thankfully there are a ton of good indies that I am happy to give me time and money too.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts