Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See subject. Would you 'the IWC' have been happier if John Cena won at Wrestlemania vs. The Rock and then lose to Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules??? Basically the same Lesnar beating to Cena but Cena not coming back. Then have Rock come back to challenge Lesnar defeating him at WM 29?

That way -

Cena def. Rock : WM XXIII
Lesnar def. Cena :Extreme Rules and Summerslam
Rock def. Lesnar : WM 29 (career on the line - Lesnar leaves forever completing his one year contract)

This will prove that all three are equal (kayfabe)... everyone knows that The Rock is the GOAT. Also there won't be a clear greatest of all time and everyone can continue to debate.

Or are you guys happy with the way things are turning out? Big Johnny vs. Cena at OTL?

Cena losing every match won't be an option of course... WWE won't let their love child lose.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
No, I'm fine with what happened. Cena beating Lesnar last night will most likely be forgotten because now Lesnar has attacked Triple H and put him on the self. Besides, Lesnar never said that he had any intention to win at ER. He only wanted to hurt Cena. Plus, he dominated Cena the entire match. And Cena's win was a fluke. More of a fluke than The Rock's. Because at least The Rock got some offense in. But, I feel that this was all a ploy to get Cena more cheered. Which is starting to work. Have Cena go on a little losing streak and look weak, then have him overcome Lesnar despite being dominated the entire match and getting his head busted open and getting a messed up arm, and now have the biggest heel(when Lesnar isn't there) in Ace attack him. I say well played WWE. They have managed to get three big money matches in the span of a few months(Rock vs Cena, Cena vs Lesnar, and now Triple H vs Lesnar).

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Bottom line is Cena can't lose both. He has to win one of them, I would have preferred for him to beat Rock & lose to Lesnar (making Lesnar look even more like a beast) but considering he lost to Rock he had to beat Lesnar. You don't book your top face to lose consecutively to non-full time wrestlers, that doesn't make sense.

Rock winning and walking off into the sunset like John Wayne on a white horse was stupid, Cena beating Lesnar wasn't exactly brilliant but I understand it.

I just think people need to understand that Cena is also a beast, dude beat EVERYBODY except Undertaker & The Rock, so what Lesnar lost? Wasn't the first time he's ever lost either...and damn sure won't be the last. Lesnar doesn't have a flimsy reputation that needs to be caressed and cared for like a newborn baby, he can lose and come back looking stronger than ever (as he did).

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Cena needed to lose to both and took a few months off and come back refreshed. Or he needed to lose both and then turn heel.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Definitely go with Cean beating Rock (just to see people on here flipping out) and Brock beating Cena (I like Brock, so I wanted him to win).

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Technically, they are all equal. Brock beat Rock(who was still in his prime), Rock beat Cena, and Cena beat Brock.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Any match Cena loses the large majority of the IWC bitches.

Guaranteeing you, if John Cena won at WM 28, many people would've called WM 28 the "worst Wrestlemania of all time." Why? Becuase John Cena pinned a guy on a scripted television show, 1-2-3.

Alot of fans seem to just care about the finish than the match itself. It's sad, but that's how it is.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Cena should have lost both matches.

He could get them back later in the year when his character actually developed. Oh yeah I forgot that will never happen.

Given the fact that WWE will shove Super Cena down our throats into WWE is bankrupt Lesnar was the right choice. If you're going to p*** off fans who don't normally watch WWE do it on a PPV that isn't seen by 1.3 million viewrs.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Any match Cena loses the large majority of the IWC bitches.

Guaranteeing you, if John Cena won at WM 28, many people would've called WM 28 the "worst Wrestlemania of all time." Why? Becuase John Cena pinned a guy on a scripted television show, 1-2-3.

Alot of fans seem to just care about the finish than the match itself. It's sad, but that's how it is.
What's the point of watching if you're just going to look at it as a scripted television show? We know it's scripted. You can still get upset with the way things are going on the show like any other TV show.

Lesnar winning would have made the product much more interesting.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Definitely. I was elated to see Rock won, but I expected Cena to win and had already accepted it before the match. Lesnar winning just makes more sense, especially after tonight. But again, I don't really mind or even care about Cena winning last night and I still love that Rock won. So I'm good with the current situation.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Cena losing BOTH clean was the only option. Brock losing the match is a disaster that people will talk about for years in the Russo WCW 2000 category.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The only 3 people I wouldn't mind beating Lesnar (and even then not in his first match back) are Austin, The Rock and Undertaker.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Bottom line is Cena can't lose both. He has to win one of them, I would have preferred for him to beat Rock & lose to Lesnar (making Lesnar look even more like a beast) but considering he lost to Rock he had to beat Lesnar. You don't book your top face to lose consecutively to non-full time wrestlers, that doesn't make sense.

Rock winning and walking off into the sunset like John Wayne on a white horse was stupid, Cena beating Lesnar wasn't exactly brilliant but I understand it.

I just think people need to understand that Cena is also a beast, dude beat EVERYBODY except Undertaker & The Rock, so what Lesnar lost? Wasn't the first time he's ever lost either...and damn sure won't be the last. Lesnar doesn't have a flimsy reputation that needs to be caressed and cared for like a newborn baby, he can lose and come back looking stronger than ever (as he did).
Nah it wasnt stupid at all. For all we know Cena could have wanted to lose. You dont know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.