Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I like CM Punk, he's my 3rd favorite wrestler in the company right now.

Santino I hate because of his stupid joke character that you can't take seriously. I hate him because he's a borderline-jobber with no credibility, but yet he's holding a mid-card title. Disgrace. He also has the worst finisher in the WWE today.

Daniel Bryan I hate because of his ridiculous, over-the-top, current character that isn't convincing in the slightest. He's not a believable main-eventer and his promos are boring.

To once again clarify as I always have to do, I don't hate them as people, I just hate their on-screen characters.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like CM Punk, he's my 3rd favorite wrestler in the company right now.

Santino I hate because of his stupid joke character that you can't take seriously. I hate him because he's a borderline-jobber with no credibility, but yet he's holding a mid-card title. Disgrace. He also has the worst finisher in the WWE today.

Daniel Bryan I hate because of his ridiculous, over-the-top, current character that isn't convincing in the slightest. He's not a believable main-eventer and his promos are boring.

To once again clarify as I always have to do, I don't hate them as people, I just hate their on-screen characters.
I respectively disagree with your opinion on Santino, Yeah I agree with you on his finisher but he's bringing credibility back into the US championship! For one he's over, He's a draw, And he actually HAS a gimmick. Sure he's a "joke character" but at least he funny.

As for Daniel Bryan, I disagree with you 100%. His promo's has actually gotten better. Hes one of the best on Smackdown. He's a convincing main-eventer, He just a heel who Weasel his way out of situations. Thats just his character. Also, He's one of the most over wrestlers on the roster. #YES!

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Who cares if they hate those guys? Fact is that they're on top and we get to enjoy seeing them getting pushed on TV every week. When people have on my favorite wrestler all I can do is smile because they on top and their favorite wrestler is not.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I respectively disagree with your opinion on Santino, Yeah I agree with you on his finisher but he's bringing credibility back into the US championship! For one he's over, He's a draw, And he actually HAS a gimmick. Sure he's a "joke character" but at least he funny.

As for Daniel Bryan, I disagree with you 100%. His promo's has actually gotten better. Hes one of the best on Smackdown. He's a convincing main-eventer, He just a heel who Weasel his way out of situations. Thats just his character. Also, He's one of the most over wrestlers on the roster. #YES!
Well that's the good thing about forums; everyone has different opinions on things.

I'll admit Santino is over, in-fact he's one of the most over guys in the company. And yes he has a gimmick, but it's not a good one in my opinion. His gimmick only hurts him because people can't take him seriously as champion. Since when has Santino been a draw?

Daniel Bryan I just can't stand or tolerate. Even without he's ridiculous character, he's still not a believable main-eventer in my eyes. I never minded Bryan as the underdog babyface character, and I hope WWE either turn him face soon or push him down the card a bit - because I can't stand him in the main-event.

Who cares if they hate those guys? Fact is that they're on top and we get to enjoy seeing them getting pushed on TV every week. When people have on my favorite wrestler all I can do is smile because they on top and their favorite wrestler is not.
The OP asked the question and I answered it. It's as simple as that.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's the good thing about forums; everyone has different opinions on things.
True lol. I just wanted to know why would people hate such great wrestlers. I don't care personally what people think about them but its fun discussing about it lol.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I like all three, to be honest.

Santino is one of the best ring workers and if he hadn't been bought in with such a joke gimmick and they'd let him use the Boris Alexiv gimmick he could probably be a upper midcarder-main eventer. His gimmick and current finisher are both awful and it is definitely too late to repackage him but he really is a great ring worker.

CM Punk payed his dues in the indies and has built up an incredible arsenal of moves that he can pull off to precision. He's an amazing ring worker, he has great charisma and he's just an all around joy to watch. The main argument people use against him is "he's small and hardly looks credible". CM Punk could kick heaps of ass in a real life fight simply because he's trained well and could kick massive amounts of ass. He, along with Daniel Bryan was trained by William Regal; another amazing ring-worker. If being trained by Regal doesn't make you a good wrestler, I don't know what will.

My love of Daniel Bryan is quite similar to my love of CM Punk. They both honed their craft in the indies and have a large array of moves and offense. Bryan is definitely one of, if not, the best wrestlers in the business today. I agree with a lot of people that he isn't exactly the best at promo's but WWE have been giving him a hell of a lot more time on the mic and I've noticed a massive improvement. Look at Bryan's debut promo on NXT and then look at his promo on this week's Smackdown. He's improved drastically and that just adds more to my respect for Daniel.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like all three, to be honest.

Santino is one of the best ring workers and if he hadn't been bought in with such a joke gimmick and they'd let him use the Boris Alexiv gimmick he could probably be a upper midcarder-main eventer. His gimmick and current finisher are both awful and it is definitely too late to repackage him but he really is a great ring worker.

CM Punk payed his dues in the indies and has built up an incredible arsenal of moves that he can pull off to precision. He's an amazing ring worker, he has great charisma and he's just an all around joy to watch. The main argument people use against him is "he's small and hardly looks credible". CM Punk could kick heaps of ass in a real life fight simply because he's trained well and could kick massive amounts of ass. He, along with Daniel Bryan was trained by William Regal; another amazing ring-worker. If being trained by Regal doesn't make you a good wrestler, I don't know what will.

My love of Daniel Bryan is quite similar to my love of CM Punk. They both honed their craft in the indies and have a large array of moves and offense. Bryan is definitely one of, if not, the best wrestlers in the business today. I agree with a lot of people that he isn't exactly the best at promo's but WWE have been giving him a hell of a lot more time on the mic and I've noticed a massive improvement. Look at Bryan's debut promo on NXT and then look at his promo on this week's Smackdown. He's improved drastically and that just adds more to my respect for Daniel.
That was a Informative, well-thought out, and a entertaining read. Good job.

·
Registered
484 Posts
By "not credible" I assume you mean because he's small. well by that logic, the guy in your sig isn't credible either because Christian is only 2 inches taller than Bryan and 2lbs heavier. And by that logic, Mark Henry and Bigshow should be the only maineventers.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
By "not credible" I assume you mean because he's small. well by that logic, the guy in your sig isn't credible either because Christian is only 2 inches taller than Bryan and 2lbs heavier. And by that logic, Mark Henry and Bigshow should be the only maineventers.
Did I say ''not credible''? No. I said he isn't believable as a main-eventer, and it's not actually because of his size at all. His character just isn't believable as a main-eventer. It's stupid, it's cheesy, it's not convincing, you can't see Bryan as a legitimate threat with his current gimmick.

Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit weren't big guys, but they were 100% belivable as main-eventers because of their intensity of their characters and their great wrestling ability. Bryan should focus on his best quality, which is wrestling, and not a area where he's not that good or believable in - and that's promos.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't think anyone could hate guys that they don't even know in real life that's just stupid and still real to you, dammit!

- With Santino, I like the guy I think he's great he's a comedy character that actually contributes something to the product (unlike Hornswoggle) and he is pretty entertaining and enjoyable his role as Teddy's comedy sidekick is great. And after all Santino was the guy who got some personality out of Vladimir Kozlov so that shows how infectious the guy's personality is.

- Punk is a good wrestler he's good on the mic and he's a solid WWE Champion he's unspectacular his reign has been essentially a mid-card reign but that's because all of the more important/over/established characters have been preoccupied with other things. The one problem I'd say with Punk is he lacks that "larger than life" quality guys like Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Trips, Austin, Rock, Flair, Dusty, Undertaker and Cena have had. By that I mean with CM Punk he doesn't come off as a superior athlete or anything he's just a regular dude (without that "blue collar, common man" aura of Dusty and Austin) hence why you can get guys walk up to Punk at a autograph signing or on twitter or anything and just call him Phil whereas you would never see anyone call The Undertaker "Mark" or Hulk Hogan "Terry" because there was an aura, an awe inspiring presence, to them a sense of respect you just had to have for them. To me that's all that's missing and the difference between Punk having a largely forgettable title reign being a largely forgettable champion and being one of the all-time greats.

- Bryan is a good wrestler he's improving on his mic-work (which wasn't bad but it wasn't great either) but his character of barely surviving with the title is similar to Edge's and Roode's but the difference is that Edge and Roode had time to establish themselves and the fans to have a genuine attachment to the characters. Bryan, with exception to guys who saw him in ROH, hasn't had that time and even though he's FAIRLY over he isn't World Title level over. But unfortunately most of the roster isn't even FAIRLY over so guys like Bryan are obviously going to be in the main-event scene unfortunately he just doesn't have the heat guys like Edge and Roode have imo Bryan should take the IC title from Big Show (they could play on the history the 2 had with each other over the last 6 months) then Bryan could have a reasonably lengthy reign and further establish himself before giving the World Title scene another shot because imo his World Title reign screamed Jack Swagger Syndrome but with more guys on the internet liking Bryan.

-Oh and to the guy who talked about how he admires them from their indy days and how they have this wide array of moves and whatnot that's all well and good to guys like you and me but "mainstream" wrestling fans are GENERALLY, not entirely, indifferent to the indies. I mean during one of Punk's earlier world title reigns JBL completely buried punk's career in 1 promo and Punk had no reaction to it all he did was give the cookie-cutter "I'm gonna get you I will beat you" babyface stick that didn't get even half of the reaction JBL's promo got.

And I think the comparisons between him and Austin need to stop because its putting unnecessary pressure on Punk and their characters weren't even the same I mean Austin was the blue-collar working man he was the equivalent of a guy working over 20 years at a mine or a steel mill and yet the boss had ignored him in favour of some 22 year old kid straight out of college he was the equivalent of a mom and pop's convenience store standing up to wal-mart. Punk on the other hand was "I'm sick of how things are so I'm gonna throw my toys out the cot and throw a tantrum until I get things done MY WAY, I'm going to bring this company to its knees until I get what I want". that's 2 completely different characters 1 was blue-collar, beer drinking middle america the other was holding people at ransom and insulting the boss' wife though they are both entertaining characters they are different characters and comparisons between them are incorrect and unnecessary.

-And its also all well and good to HAVE a wide array of moves but it doesn't help if you don't USE them, the truth is that Punk and Bryan are just as formulaic as any other person on the WWE roster, now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but people shouldn't pretend that they're this huge expansive burst of wrestling gracing our screens on a weekly basis because they aren't they have their own little move-set like everyone else that they use in every match just like everyone else and people giving other wrestlers stick and then using Punk and Bryan as examples to the contrary is a bit hypocritical.

I don't see the point of the OP trying to essentially "call-out" people who don't like Bryan, Punk and Santino I mean this is a message board people give their opinions if you don't like it then fine. Simply because people don't hold the same people in the same regard you hold them doesn't make those people wrong or "haters", or any less knowledgeable and or fans of wrestling its all subjective.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I hate Santino because he used to be such an awesome heel but wwe ruined it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts