Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very serious thread,now I've had my fair share of friends from black to white, Asian, Mexican druggies and clean people with their life on track. Time and Time again they became needy,tried to change me whether it be from watching professional wrestling or having kids. Friends try to control and mold you into what they want. Also you'll have to take on all of their problems as your own. I hate it when people try to get someone who's not a social fake butterfly to go out their "comfort" zone. Like every teen movie in history,the extrovert tries to get the introvert to be like them. Which always leads to turmoil and that friendship ceasing to exist. If you're happy to be online,away from people and content with living a stress free life,I say all the power to you. How I wish I was only known by online fonts. Currently I have this guy at my place he's homeless and needy,the third person I've met like this in a span of two years. Even my friends who have jobs,houses,cars are starting to annoy the high hell out of me.

It's best to have one or two very close associates you know aren't going to try and change you or dump their demons off on your plate. If there's anyone reading this and their family tries to get them out of their "shell" don't listen to it, unless you're deathly shy and would like to have "friends". Don't fall for it, the gossiping, backstabbing and needy users are out there waiting to drain you of your resources and time. Stay being a recluse and write the next great novel,find a cure to a disease ecetera. Also it's a well known fact backed by scientific research,the more intelligent you are the least likely you are to have a boat load of friends. Smarter people enjoy more time alone to gain more knowledge and help the world with their smarts.

So don't go to that party to impress that overly space invading guy or gal you foolishly let into your bubble. Tell your family you love being alone and people aren't your "thing" other than dating I say screw friends.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You don't need friends, but social media is worse.

Reactions: Vic Capri

·
Is a Snit Head
22,215 Posts
I like being alone from time to time. But I think what the OP is saying is a little too extreme. You don't need to always being out and doing stuff but I don't know how healthy it is to always be alone.

·
TEAM FLAIR FLOP
951 Posts
Your interactions and connections with others are a fundamental part of being alive. How much or how little you do that is personal choice but it's also a life skill in becoming a well rounded, healthy human being. It doesn't matter if it is in real life or online, if you have an engaging personality, people will be drawn to you. Whether you maintain or sever those connections is up to you, but spending too much time alone in your own head isn't good for anyone. Look at Dahmer and Nilsen.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I would like to think I have a very good balance between my online relationships and my friendships/relationships in the real world. For the most part, I enjoy my interactions with people here as we talk about everything from sports to food to politics to even wrestling. At the same time, I also enjoy being with my family and my friends. There can be something rewarding about relaxing with your buddies, drinking beer and shooting the shit.

At the same time, those around me have some influence on me as a person, but they don't change the person I am. That's up to me to determine what I want to be, not anyone else. If you want to live your life in a bubble for fear of not being who you want to be, you have serious issues.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Those do not sound like very good friends, OP. Legitimately good friendships enrich your life in many ways.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts