Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
1,923 Posts
I'd like to say Cena, because his schtick turned me off wrestling for a long time.

But I'd go with Chris Benoit. For one, it would save lives, but from an entertainment perspective,if not for him there's a chance WWE never goes PG and we're not in this horrible bland, family friendly nightmare that has driven out half the audience.

·
Registered
22,867 Posts
Cena. The amount of hoops WWE jumped into the keep this bland motherfucker on the top for so long. And it was almost a decade he was on top too.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I’d go with Cena, look at the contributions of the top stars over the years. Hogan, Andre, Stone Cold, The Rock; all of those guys changed the game and made a huge impact on the business overall love them or hate them.

Then you have John Cena on the other hand who did WAY more damage to WWE than he did anything positive. In fact, as I seriously think about it, what did he do to help the business overall?? He’s getting a lot more praise these days and dont get me wrong, he’s had some great matches in the last six or seven years but as a whole he was a major detriment to so many potential stars and he didn’t deserve his booking, period. Imagine if Brock stayed longer or if Batista, Orton or somebody else would have been pushed as the number one guy, I think the WWE would be in a much better spot. All the factors that came into play (Wrestlers deaths, being a publicly traded company, the PG era) played a part as well but Cena was the face of it and if you erased him from history I think the company would be better off. He stifled so many careers and his booking was insane and boring. Who knows where we would be, of course it’s possible that it would still be the way it is now but Cena didn’t help.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,197 Posts
It'd probably be some low carder like Mideon or Al Snow lol
I actually really liked both of them. If it wasn't for New Jack being an awful human being I would have picked no one.

Even bad wrestlers have had there moments, even if they were accidental.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
I actually really liked both of them. If it wasn't for New Jack being an awful human being I would have picked no one.

Even bad wrestlers have had there moments, even if they were accidental.
Yeah I couldn't really anyone I disliked that deeply, but if I had to choose probably be them. I heard about New Jack's awfulness though

·
Asuka
96,465 Posts
That means you would also erase your account and the whole forum because without Vince the WWE and the whole wrestling wouldn't be on that level.
I don't believe that for a second. There's no way in hell that wrestling was going to be an underground venture forever. There was too much money to be made. Without Vince, it would've just been somebody else that did it. And even if wrestling wouldn't be on that level, then.....good. That would erase all the suffering I've had to endure as a WWE fan over the years.

Without Vince there's no Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stunning Steve would have had an unremarkable career in WCW, then would have been in a bingo hall under Heyman.
Like I said before, somebody else would've made wrestling big, and Austin would've been allowed to be himself a lot earlier. Vince tried to make Austin The Ringmaster, he didn't have a clue. The Stone Cold thing came as a result of Vince being out of options and they just allowed him to be himself, which he would've been allowed to do in a competently run company to begin with.

I don't like this "if it wasn't for this person" argument. If The Beatles didn't exist, then the Rolling Stones would've just been The Beatles. Vince was around, so it wasn't somebody else, but if Vince isn't around, some other billionaire invests in wrestling and makes it big at some point. There's no possibility that that doesn't happen. It's leaving too much money on the table, but because Vince already had the market, they had no reason to delve into it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That means you would also erase your account and the whole forum because without Vince the WWE and the whole wrestling wouldn't be on that level.
I don't believe that for a second. There's no way in hell that wrestling was going to be an underground venture forever. There was too much money to be made. Without Vince, it would've just been somebody else that did it. And even if wrestling wouldn't be on that level, then.....good. That would erase all the suffering I've had to endure as a WWE fan over the years.

Without Vince there's no Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stunning Steve would have had an unremarkable career in WCW, then would have been in a bingo hall under Heyman.
Like I said before, somebody else would've made wrestling big, and Austin would've been allowed to be himself a lot earlier. Vince tried to make Austin The Ringmaster, he didn't have a clue. The Stone Cold thing came as a result of Vince being out of options and they just allowed him to be himself, which he would've been allowed to do in a competently run company to begin with.

I don't like this "if it wasn't for this person" argument. If The Beatles didn't exist, then the Rolling Stones would've just been The Beatles. Vince was around, so it wasn't somebody else, but if Vince isn't around, some other billionaire invests in wrestling and makes it big at some point. There's no possibility that that doesn't happen. It's leaving too much money on the table, but because Vince already had the market, they had no reason to delve into it.
I don't care what you believe because you can't prove it.
The fact that years before Vince a Verne Gagne had a popular Hulk Hogan who did the movie Rocky III yet was unable or refused to make him a star of the compa y because he wanted "a pro wrestler instead of a movie star" shows that this is bullshit.
And you have picked the worst example with Stone Cold. Austin was a great wrestler and a main eventer with great feuds against many greats but it wasn't the feuds with Bret, Rock, Triple H and Taker that made him immortal and on the level of Hogan, it was the worker vs. boss feud.

And I feel sorry for all your suffering you have endured like Hogan, Austin, Warrior, Rock, Angle, Taker (1 liek = 1 prayer for u). The truth is Vince was once a genius with great ideas but now he is an out of touch old grumpy man but this forum is full of kids like you who try to make it look like he was bad from day one and never did anything great just because the overrated indy fed that will in 6 months be on the level of Impact and ROH is supposed to be the new cool kid in town but they can barely beat WWEs C show.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts

There was another billionaire, Ted Turner, he did invest in wrestling and WCW became the #1 in the business. That still would have happened, and Steve Austin got fired by that same company.

Without Vince, there's no Montreal Screwjob, without the Montreal Screwjob there's no Mr McMahon character, without Mr McMahon there's no Austin vs. McMahon feud, there's no attitude era.

He's an idiot now, but his impact on the business as a whole has been a positive, if for Austin vs. McMahon alone.

·
Aviary Bro Fist
14,023 Posts
All the obvious answers aside.. I'd love to see one of those butterfly effect situations where you erase random jobber #7192387 that you think means nothing but it starts some kind of domino effect that topples the whole industry. I mean no, I really wouldn't want to see the whole industry topple because then I'd never have Lucha Underground, but situations like these make for fascinating studies in the effects of altering even the smallest things in history.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
1,923 Posts
his schtick was stale as early as 1986.
Lol, you can just say you don't like the guy without saying some stupid ass shit like this. Hogan was literally blowing the roof off buildings well into the early 90's.

If you were sick of his schtick, you were in a very small minority.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Without Vince the Crocketts would have a probably ruled the wrestling world and probably would either still be running things, or they would have sold out to Turner and wrestling would still be alive in at least as big of a capacity as WWE. We’re down to 2 or 3 million wrestling fans in this country. 30 years ago wrestling could attract 33 million. Hard to think there’s a much worse scenario than what we have now.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,818 Posts
uh... i dunno. probably brie bella.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts