Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say that you had the power to completely erase a wrestler's entire career. And by this I don't mean giving them the Benoit treatment nor erasing their existence, since that's too hard. But as in, let's say you had the power to go back in time and make Adam Copeland decide to become a doctor or something instead of getting into the wrestling business and becoming known as Edge.

Also, keep in mind that erasing a career can mean that some or even a lot of things could have been different for other wrestlers and the business as a whole. So think about that if your choice if Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin.

My choice would be Cena. I wish he had just stuck to bodybuilding or rapping instead of becoming a pro wrestler. I feel like a lot of problems WWE has nowadays can be blamed on his push. Of course, perhaps business would have done worse if Cena had never been in WWE, but at least I'd have been more entertained. Hard to say what could have happened one way or the other, but that probably would have meant Batista as the top FOTC for some years. After that, who knows. Maybe WWE would have fed a lot of the same people to Batista like they did to Cena and we'd still be in a similar situation as we are today. But I'd gladly have taken a 2005-2011 WWE without John Cena and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What about you?

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,153 Posts
Probably New Jack. I was at the Mass Transit Incident live and the shoddy video doesn't give that atrocity justice. He was trying to kill that kid. Plain and simple.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Probably New Jack. I was at the Mass Transit Incident live and the shoddy video doesn't give that atrocity justice. He was trying to kill that kid. Plain and simple.
That guy really is a waste of skin!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
New Jack.

Because FUCK HIM.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Overall career. Maybe Brock Lesnar. It would be sad to lose some of the great matches he's had, particularly NWO 2004 against Eddie Guerrero and ER 2012 vs John Cena.

But I think overall his contribution has been negative to the business. WWE gave him the world 2002-04 and he didn't really make a huge difference (especially compared to Cena and Batista) and ended up leaving without really putting the next gen over.

Then he comes back and once again, it feels like he's been a hinderance to the product. Especially since 2016 onwards. The fact that he's always the champion sucks as well. It really is the reign of terror.

I'm sort of bending the question a bit. I would erase Randy Orton's career post 2016. I just think a number of bad feuds and lack of direction/motivation of have put a dent on his career.

I also think Zigglers career post 2016. Even though he's even better now, in the fans eyes too much damage and exposure has left him underappreciated.

·
The Babyface of WF
9,817 Posts
I'd rather erase a particular mindset than their career, Some worked incredibly hard for it despite their insufferable booking(John Cena), So I'd alter Vince McMahon's logic in having an oversaturated and lack of consistent product, In fact I'd be more than happy to pull his strings to keep him in check lol nah maybe being more considerate to crowd reactions and consumer demand would go a long way.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
That guy really is a waste of skin!
I've seen a few videos regarding the incident on YouTube and the comment sections always depress me, they're filled with fans sounding like 10 year old kids trying to be edgy defending New Jack with crap like that Mass Transit guy deserved to die and how New Jack is a goat.

And people wonder why us wrestling fans get a bad rep sometimes.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
If Paul Levesque goes into professional body building, that changes a lot.

Late 90s - No DX
Early 2000s - No lengthy heel title reigns atop RAW. And I'm not sure that another heel would take his place - he leveraged his position (most likely) to keep that belt
Late 2000s - Shane emerges as the defacto heir to Vince McMahon
2010 and onward: Shane McMahon is running NXT with strong influence to his father

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
John Cena without any doubt. Can you just imagine how many careers would've been saved if that piece of fucking asshole shit didn't exist? Wrestling as a whole would've been saved .... Nah, not really :vince

·
Registered
155 Posts
CM Punk.....

The summer of Punk was the best thing in years. Yet it was all for nothing. If CM Punk never made it into WWE. I wouldn't of been teased with change, or what could have been after his absence.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Vince.

The amount of wrestlers whos career he's screwed up because of his weird quirks is unfathomable. Plus, he was also a wrestler, so it still works.

If it has to be a wrestler only and can't be the owner, then Charlotte Flair.
That means you would also erase your account and the whole forum because without Vince the WWE and the whole wrestling wouldn't be on that level.

My choice would be Scott Hall. Not because I dislike him as a person or as a pro wrestler, simply because it would be interesting to see what WWE would look like today (or if even WWE would exist today) if Hall didn't ask Kevin Nash to leave for WCW with him and without that there would be no nWo and no Attitude Era.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Vince.

The amount of wrestlers whos career he's screwed up because of his weird quirks is unfathomable. Plus, he was also a wrestler, so it still works.

If it has to be a wrestler only and can't be the owner, then Charlotte Flair.
Without Vince there's no Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stunning Steve would have had an unremarkable career in WCW, then would have been in a bingo hall under Heyman.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts