Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you could learn the entire true story regarding the circumstances behind any events, rumours, or mysteries related to wrestling (WWE, WCW, ECW, doesn't matter), but you can ONLY choose ONE event (leaving any questions about anything else unanswered), what would you like to learn about? The event can be kayfabe if you'd like.

Personally, as a Bret Hart fan who really got into wrestling in the early-mid '90s, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during all of the backstage discussions that took place leading up to the Montreal Screwjob at Survivor Series '97. I've always wondered if this was a work or real life, so I'd use my one-time only truth granting ability on learning what REALLY went down at Survivor Series.

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Can it be something kayfabe that never got explained? I'd probably want to know who had killed McMahon or what was in Kane's bag. In terms of real shit eh I would go for being stoned backstage during the Shockmaster debacle.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can it be something kayfabe that never got explained? I'd probably want to know who had killed McMahon or what was in Kane's bag. In terms of real shit eh I would go for being stoned backstage during the Shockmaster debacle.
I never even thought about this, but why the hell not? It ought to make answers more open / fun anyways.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be about R-Turth, i opened it and now i'm happy. I guess i'll use my one truth to find out why Vince hates Christian so much.

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
If you could learn the entire true story regarding the circumstances behind any events, rumours, or mysteries related to wrestling (WWE, WCW, ECW, doesn't matter), but you can ONLY choose ONE event (leaving any questions about anything else unanswered), what would you like to learn about? The event can be kayfabe if you'd like.

Personally, as a Bret Hart fan who really got into wrestling in the early-mid '90s, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during all of the backstage discussions that took place leading up to the Montreal Screwjob at Survivor Series '97. I've always wondered if this was a work or real life, so I'd use my one-time only truth granting ability on learning what REALLY went down at Survivor Series.Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.
you should watch the documentary Bret Hart Wrestling With Shadows, you see alot of the buildup to the screw job including Bret wearing a wire as he talks about the finish to the event with Vince, also you get to see backstage Vince Mcmahon staggering from the locker room after just getting knocked out by Bret

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I meant tried to kill McMahon my bad. Unless he did die during that segment? the whole thing escapes me
IIRC it was supposed to be Shane/Stephanie trying to take the company from him, but it ended up being overshadowed by Benoit's death and they cut the story short.

·
@delecast
4,407 Posts
If Eddie had never died in 2005, instead of Rey mysterio, who would have won the royal rumble and won the title at Wrestlemania back in 2006?
Eddie was booked to win the WHC at the Raw/Smackdown Supershow that took place the day after he died unexpectedly.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
kayfabe: how the fuck does a woman give birth to a hand?

real life: how the fuck does a woman giving birth to a hand get green-lighted?

·
Registered
225 Posts
If Eddie had never died in 2005, instead of Rey mysterio, who would have won the royal rumble and won the title at Wrestlemania back in 2006?
I've heard the plan from the start was for Batista to walk into Wrestlemania as Champion, for Orton to win the Royal Rumble, and for Orton to win the WHC at Wrestlemania.

However, Batista got injured, so that plan was scrambled.

I've also heard Vince wanted HBK to move to Smackdown and win the then-vacant WHC after that injury, and then drop it to Orton at Wrestlemania, but HBK said no due to Church commitments on Tuesdays. Apparently, after that fell through he wanted Angle to drop it to Orton, but Orton was a dick backstage at the time and had pissed off Kurt among others, so he didn't want to do that.

Assuming Batista didn't get hurt and Eddie didn't die, we would have had Orton-Batista, HBK-Eddie, Angle-Taker at Wrestlemania 22, and Rey still in the midcard rather than winning the RR.

Regardless, I still wonder what would have happened had Eddie survived, too.

On topic, I'd like to know why Jericho got buried from 2002-2005, and also why Cena wasn't turned heel back in 2005/2006, when a turn would have been a good idea because he was getting booed.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Well i'd sure like to know who Ted Dibiase Jr slept with...
I'd like to have seen jericho make goldberg his bee-atch
I'd like to have seen if it's true that stacy keibler had a microscopic butterfly tatoo between her breats or if it's just a rumor made up by some guy who really loved the look of those 2 airbags she got on her
I'd like to know who thought it was a good idea to have hornswoggle win the cruiserweight championship
I'd like to know who's bright idea it was to destroy the tag division

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
A lot of my ideas have been said, so I'll come out with an original few.

The whole truth about RVD's push/de-push in 2002, and whether Triple H was in any way responsible for Van Dam not winning the title.

When Van Dam finally did win the title, how long would he have kept it and would he still be in the WWE today IF he didn't fuck up big time and get arrested?

What would have became of Daniel Bryan if not for the attempted murder of Justin Roberts, and how would it have altered the course of the Nexus?

They're just some to think about, if I had to pick just ONE, it would be the second one.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Where would Kennedy be if he hadn't got injured so many times? Where would Lashey be if he never left?

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
Where would Kennedy be if he hadn't got injured so many times? Where would Lashey be if he never left?
This for me, I honestly feel that he could have surperceeded Cena, Orton, Batista etc. and become the top dog in the business of professional wrestling in the current era, I agree his in ring skills early on wern't the greatest (he's improved a lot since then and can now put on a good match) but if you see how he was booked at the beginning of his run in WWE and the beginning of his run in TNA as the renegade, cocky heel (he can also play a decent face however he is far, far superior as a heel) and if he had the right booking conisistantly back in his WWE days he could have been one of if not the icon in this business today, I truly believe that.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
IIRC it was supposed to be Shane/Stephanie trying to take the company from him, but it ended up being overshadowed by Benoit's death and they cut the story short.
I thought the original plan was for Vince to die and in his will he leaves the company to his illegitimate child who is revealed as Mr. Kennedy. Vince returns later on to reveal that he fake his death to make sure Kennedy and him kept the business and that steph and shane never get it. Shane and Steph try to fight back, Shane is taken out by Kennedy which leads to HHH revealling he is married to Steph and is Vince's son-in-law. He joins up with Steph and Shane and it leads to Kennedy vs HHH for the WWE title at Wrestlemania and i think Vince was going to be in Kennedy's corner and Steph in HHH's corner.

But with the Beniot tragedy and Kennedy not passing the drug test the whole storyline got scrapped and Hornswoggle became Vince's illegitimate child....

Would have been an amazingly storyline though.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Why the hell did Vince let The Rock's contract expire.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts