Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have changed one thing, regarding TNA this year, what would it be.
It could be anything from not firing someone, to hiring someone, to not hiring someone, to storylines. What would you have changed over the course of this year. List as many things as possible, and don't forget to say why.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I wouldve continued going live at least every other week when they returned to Thursdays. Even if you're like me and dont read spoilers, theres definitely a certain excitement element lacking from taped broadcasts. Live shows have much more of an unpredictability feel to it...like anything can happen. You go into them alot more hyped up.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Where to start

- I would NOT have ended Daniels main-event push and put him in a feud with Val Venis. Having said that, his ROH run has been unbelievably awesome so far, meaning that TNA's loss is ROH's gain.

- I would NOT have hired Orlando Jordan, he was nothing more than a WWE jobber and adds little to the promotion.

- I would NOT have killed World Elite as quickly as it was, the stable had some potential, especially since it gave Eric Young a reasonable chance of becoming a solid upper mid-carder.

- I would NOT have had the best-of-5 series between MCMG and Beer Money. It gave us some of TNA's best matches this year but it also killed any interest in seeing them face in the near future and therefore made the tag-team division stagnant.

- I wouldn't have had Hardcore Justice on my PPV schedule.

- I would NOT have done the Samoa Joe kidnapping angle, nor would I have 'accidently' forgotten all about it.

- I would NOT have had Jarrett beat Joe using his MMA gimmick. That match, as I've posted elsewhere, should've been a squash win for Joe which could, booked properly, have still led to one more encounter in which Jarrett, reverting to his normal style, could've taken Joe to the limit despite still losing.

- I would NOT have gone with the Abyss 'Monster Of The Ring' angle. Anyone who needs an explaination for this needs to have their head repeatedly smashed against a brick wall.

I have no doubt I could come up with more but I'll leave it at that to stop the TNA-Listers' heads from exploding :lmao

·
Registered
401 Posts
I wouldn't have released Daniels, I would have kept the momentum coming from the Sting angle.

I wouldn't have released Petey Pump.

I wouldn't have forgot about the X-Division.

I would use Orlando Jordan to his full capacity. He's a huge guy, charismatic.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
seem like people on here don't know how to count his said one 1 thing, anyway i wouldn't change the live tape format
He also said list as many things as possible in the actual post. I was going to do that but didn't want to overload the servers :p

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I wouldn't have had Bound for Glory in Daytona Beach, FL. Why on earth would you hold your biggest PPV of the year one hour away from the Impact Zone. That's just absurd and it was pretty much screaming "nWo rehash". Apparently they were originally intending to hold it in Texas until they went for the Ocean Center so they could heavily paper their PPV.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
I would NOT release ANYBODY from late 2009. Except for maybe that worthless piece of shit Jenna Morasca

I would NOT have ended MEM

I would NOT have ended 6 sides

I would NOT have given Hogan creative control.

I would have LAUGHED in Jeff Hardy's face when he requested contract negotiations.

I would have HIRED Benjamin and Haas(seriously, what the fuck are you doing, TNA?)

I would have NOT gotten rid of the Suicide gimmick

I would have TOLD Bischoff to cut his hair

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
One thing? Easy. Put Cornette in control.

Plenty of smaller changes to itemize, but if you only get to change one thing, change the thing that would change a lot of others. I have faith his direction would have been a lot better than the current cluster.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I would have stopped the financial disastre that is TNA talent treadment / image-branding.

Step by step I would have released everyone in TNA who held important titles in WWE, WCW or ECW, replaced them with cheap (indy) talent.

Then I just would have done good storytelling. Nothing with the ambition of "raising the bar", but emotional entertainment with SOME intellectual standard. I would have put the established & proven TNA talent in the first line of "battle" and build to become real characters again... Styles, Daniels, Joe, Storm, MMG, LAX.

And I then I would have tried to improve the companies structure and work flows.

That's it.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
One thing? Easy. Put Cornette in control.

Plenty of smaller changes to itemize, but if you only get to change one thing, change the thing that would change a lot of others. I have faith his direction would have been a lot better than the current cluster.
He quit because of Russo's booking getting too much for him and Ed Ferrara coming in (which he deeply hates due to the Oklahoma character). He's only interested in working for companies such as ROH and OVW now.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I wouldn't have had Bound for Glory in Daytona Beach, FL. Why on earth would you hold your biggest PPV of the year one hour away from the Impact Zone. That's just absurd and it was pretty much screaming "nWo rehash". Apparently they were originally intending to hold it in Texas until they went for the Ocean Center so they could heavily paper their PPV.
thats biggest thing you would change?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I would get rid of all the legends except for Jeff Hardy & Kurt Angle. Those two are great for TNA.

I would have gone on the road for the January 4th iMPACT!. This is one time copying WCW would have been smart as a Mall of America type show, like the 1st Nitro, would have been great. Nothing traditional and not the Hammerstein either.

Perhaps in that ballpark in Brooklyn where they drew 6k to a house show.

I would repackage Matt Morgan. First of all, the guy needs to dye his hair black like it was in WWE and lose the beard. Just a clean goatee with mustache. Then he would be wearing long pants ala Nash & Taker, and they would be predominantly blue & black since he is The Blueprint. Matt Morgan would be my biggest project, he could be so much but he needs to be repackaged and told to lose the goofy facial reactions and all the stuff he does. He needs to act like he is 7' tall, he wants to be viewed as a Goldberg or Batista or Lesnar when he should be going for the Undertaker/Nash style.

But that January 4th show should not have been at the iMPACT Zone. It should have been somewhere unique with atleast 5000 folks there.

Also, atleast one IMPACT in the summer should be at the beach.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Booking wise there was a lot that was wrong with TNA, especially in the first few months. The one thing I would not have done would be to have the January 4th show on a Monday. I can't help but think if it happened on January 7th, then it would've garnered a higher rating. Obviously that's with the benefit of hindsight but still they really could've bumped their ratings on Thursdays.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I would change the leadership in TNA. It has been abysmal this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts