Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd get rid of the US title. The US and IC titles both have little value now, but the IC title has a little more credibility in my opinion, and a greater history of holders. And if superstars from both brands would fight over one midcard title we could have more exciting matches and feuds for the title. I know the popular answer on here would be the divas title, but you have to give the divas SOMETHING to do.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
The Divas title. Damn division sucks and WWE doesn't give to shits about it

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know this will sound stupid but the WHC. I want one world championship, having two just makes the WWE championship that less special because there's an 'alternative'

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Mainly, I would unify the WHC and WWE Titles. Since both guys appear on both shows, there should only be 1 World champion.

Also, I would get rid of the US Title. It lost all meaning in the mid 90's, IMO. In the NWA/early WCW days, it actually meant something. Now, it's just another prop to give some midcarder more TV time without actually pushing him in a meaningful feud. Besides, the IC title was a bigger deal and was actually used as a stepping stone of sorts towards the main event. It worked for Savage, Bret Hart, HBK, Austin, Rock and Triple H. Hopefully, it does the same for Cody.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I know this will sound stupid but the WHC. I want one world championship, having two just makes the WWE championship that less special because there's an 'alternative'
Pretty much this.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
The World Heavyweight Championship. It isn't even treated like the top prize, it's basically become what the U.S. and IC Titles are supposed to be. If it's not going to be treated as a World Title, it shouldn't even be around.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
A toss up between the divas and US title and i go for the US title as much as divas is a waste of time i hope it gets better and a Womens division adds depth to the product.I know the US title has a fantastic history but it gets in the way of the IC title which has always been a wwe title.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Diva's title but they have too few titles as is. I'd prefer they bring a few back, especially the cruiserweight title.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I would get rid of the WHC, since one belt would make the WWE title all the more special, AS IT SHOULD BE!

But if I had my way, I would get rid of the spinner belt and get the classic WWE title back.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
The Divas Title. The diva division is absolute garbage and waste of TV time. Get rid of the Divas Division and the title and whoever is worth keeping, make a manager for superstars.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
If the WHC was not in place so many people on this forum would complain that there guy is not a heavyweight champ,as much as the title is not really a world title in wwe its a good for development as the main guy on the B show.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The Divas title. Damn division sucks and WWE doesn't give to shits about it
The 5 minutes (including their entrances and exits) won't be missed.

By them preferring models, they will never sell PPVs cause of that division and never have during its peak when it had the talent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd unify the belts and get a new design for the WWE title because it's total ass. But then I'd also unify the IC and US belts, introduce a new tag design, make the Diva's title the Women's title again and introduce a Cruiserweight/TV title for the jobbers over on Superstars. God damn the current belts are crap.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'd get rid of the US title. The US and IC titles both have little value now, but the IC title has a little more credibility in my opinion, and a greater history of holders. And if superstars from both brands would fight over one midcard title we could have more exciting matches and feuds for the title. I know the popular answer on here would be the divas title, but you have to give the divas SOMETHING to do.
Actually, the US Title has a greater history of holders than the IC title. I never considered the US title under the WWE anyway to be the same proud lineage that it was in the days of the NWA and later WCW.

Some of the people who have held the US Title are Harley Race(all time great and multiple time NWA world champion), Johnny Valentine, Terry Funk(former NWA world champ), Ric Flair(first held the title in 1977 and no explanation needed of who he is), Ricky Steamboat, Wahoo McDaniel, Sgt Slaughter, Roddy piper(all time type wrestling legend), Magnum TA, Dusty Rhodes(former NWA world champ), Nikita Koloff, Lex Luger, Barry Windham and some guys just named Sting and Steve Austin!!!!!!

So who has the greater history of holders after seeing that list lol.

The truth is that I wish the WWE would get rid of the US title because they have cheapened it with the wrestlers they have had hold it in the past 5 or so years. However, the US title has proud NWA heritage with many of the alltime greats having held it.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I'd get rid of the WWE title, there's no need for it. They have a world championship, why would they need a company championship?

·
Buried by the man with three H's
1,166 Posts
Because RAW is a "Super Show", there really is no need for SmackDown to have the WHC.

Also, the U.S. championship is basically pointless, since now there is a "single" power in the WWE, like before when there was only one power before the brand split.

The titles from WCW should be put to rest, then the WWE can continue with the titles it had before the 2001 Invasion storyline and re-introduce titles such as the Light Heavyweight championship and the Hardcore championship (which I read the HC championship may possibly be coming back).

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would get rid of the WHC. Maintain only one world championship, give the IC Title the status the WHC has today (which is not of a world championship) and make the US Championship be contested every week (giving oportunities specially for cruiserweights). All titles being contested by wrestlers of both brands.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Definitely the US title. That would be a good start but of course I'd keep going with the WHC.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts