Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I agree, the storylines or at least the way storylines were presented.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
The atmosphere. Everything just seemed more electric during the Attitude era and the crowds seemed livlier. Every show had the "anything could happen" quality that today's shows seem to miss.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
To those ppl saying blood... you do realize that for several years AFTER the attitude era, they still had blood, so don't act like those things were attitude era exclusive.

And its making things more realistic though with less blood. It was annoying at times seeing people bleeding so much before and it was unsafe too. Look at the health problems guys got from things such as loss of blood and shots to the head, it's good that those things are gone. If people really watched wrestling just to see a guy bleed then they weren't a fan of the wrestling.

The thing i'd want back from wwe back then would be the stable wars that we saw. People say that stables now won't work because guys wouldn't look good working together on a team, but look at some of these stables that formed. Did a stable like the ministry really seem that good or intimidating if you took out the undertaker from it?

The stable wars were real good. The other thing i'd want would be the fan reaction. They made even the dumbest moments seem big.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
my number one pick would be chair shots to the head. i really cant stand when you see a guy , steel chair in hand , menacing look in his eyes , oponent trying to get to his feet desperately only to smack the motherfucker in the back

runners up would be -blood
-The fact that storyline had time and emotion put
into them . No feuds are really "grudge" feuds
anymore.
The only feud with any emotion in it right now is
cena/nexus. i can see that they are trying to add
something to the edge/kane debacle with the paulbearer
crap but its just not working for them.
-tag teams . tag teams were an integral part
of becoming a wwf fan.
and then to be honest i wouldnt change anything , wwe has just come through a rough patch and it looks to be heading into a good direction . im really enjoying the raw shows the last few months .

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The atmosphere. Everything just seemed more electric during the Attitude era and the crowds seemed livlier. Every show had the "anything could happen" quality that today's shows seem to miss.

Ditto. The atmosphere and the crowds were insane. Every show felt like something special.

If there is anything in the product that's declined the most. It's that.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I can't believe nobody has said this yet.

Vince Mcmahon. His mind set back then...Hell I don't even care if it's the Attitude era...I'd take the Vince from after the Attitude Era where we had Brock Lesnar and such.

·
The Man
15,237 Posts
The storylines, the tag team division, and the way mid carders were booked...

Okay that is more than one, but that is what I would want. Mainly the mid card I suppose.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Quite seriously, the attitude.

And by that I mean the more OTT mic skills & charachter, the fact that mid cards actually mattered, as did the tag teams, even the light heavyweights/crusierweights to an extent. These days, no one seems to give a fuck. :/

1 - 20 of 57 Posts