Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering who you would all choose, it may be a favourite or just someone you think brought the best out of other wrestlers etc.....

name who and why ;)

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Even though Austin is my favourite of all time, and if he was healthy, I wouldn't really want him back because of his ego, especially in this new generation, I would of said him this time last year. So someone who put's over talent, Angle or HBK i'd say, plus they can put on awesome matches.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Even though Austin is my favourite of all time, and if he was healthy, I wouldn't really want him back because of his ego, especially in this new generation, I would of said him this time last year. So someone who put's over talent, Angle or HBK i'd say, plus they can put on awesome matches.
So what made you change your mind then?

Also, my vote goes to The Rock.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
So what made you change your mind then?

Also, my vote goes to The Rock.
Because this time (roughly) last year it was all Orton, Cena, HHH, Taker etc and if Austin faced them they could get great matches out of them, and great promos/storylines, a loss for Cena, HHH etc wouldn't hurt their cred, but if Austin came back now, he wouldn't accept anything below biggest match on the card/main event, where talented guys like ADR, Bryan etc aren't at yet, plus he wouldn't put them over (ala Hogan at Summerslam 05 and 06)

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Austin is the best ever, but bringing him back is useless. JBL coming back would be awesome but he's retired and has no interest in the product. Anderson coming back would be awesome but he's screwed if he does.

If you're gonna bring back somebody, it might as well be somebody who physically can wrestle without a lot of risk, somebody who's extremely entertaining, somebody who won't hog too much spotlight for themselves, but somebody who WWE can also use extensively.

I got it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Because this time (roughly) last year it was all Orton, Cena, HHH, Taker etc and if Austin faced them they could get great matches out of them, and great promos/storylines, a loss for Cena, HHH etc wouldn't hurt their cred, but if Austin came back now, he wouldn't accept anything below biggest match on the card/main event, where talented guys like ADR, Bryan etc aren't at yet, plus he wouldn't put them over (ala Hogan at Summerslam 05 and 06)
Point taken. Shades of him refusing to job to Lesnar.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Jericho, but he will come back. Let him have his break.

Kurt Angle would be my pick. Yes I know he;s in TNA, but TNA sucks, so I don;t care.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There really isn't anybody that I would bring back full time. I'm completely happy with WWE's current direction, which is all about the new generation. There are, however, a couple guys I would bring back for maybe a short run or even 1 match.

Kurt Angle - Would love to see him work with some new guys like Bryan, Swagger, Ziggler, or Del Rio.

Steve Austin - For 1 match; vs Cena at WrestleMania.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Kurt Angle would be fantastic too, but frankly, I'm worried he'd die under WWE's schedule. That's how we lost Eddie Guerrero, he just couldn't handle the pressure he was under. Vince wouldn't give him a lighter schedule which is why he went to TNA in the first place, and I can't imagine that being any different now, especially when so many new stars are being made aggresively to replace their lack of star power right now.

It would be amazing to get Angle vs Bryan on PPV, though. I'd like to see him at least appear in WWE again, even if it's not as a wrestler.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Assuming they give him a lighter schedule, Kurt Angle.

Because I'm just an Angle mark.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh forgot to say who my pic kwould be the obvious would be hbk but i think more so now i would go for jericho, just cause he still has the passion to do it and was a work horse for the last year or so.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Kurt Angle would be fantastic too, but frankly, I'm worried he'd die under WWE's schedule. That's how we lost Eddie Guerrero, he just couldn't handle the pressure he was under. Vince wouldn't give him a lighter schedule which is why he went to TNA in the first place, and I can't imagine that being any different now, especially when so many new stars are being made aggresively to replace their lack of star power right now.

It would be amazing to get Angle vs Bryan on PPV, though. I'd like to see him at least appear in WWE again, even if it's not as a wrestler.
I know that's a shame. I still want Angle to retire in the WWE and with a great match on Wrestlemania against Daniel Bryan, Desmond Wolfe (if he came to WWE) or CM Punk.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,496 Posts
Kurt Angle, he could bring so many 5 stars match with some youngs guy but he would never be back without a lighter schedule.

Colt Cabana: WWE fucked up big with him, he's comedy gold

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I know that's a shame. I still want Angle to retire in the WWE and with a great match on Wrestlemania against Daniel Bryan, Desmond Wolfe (if he came to WWE) or CM Punk.
Yeah, he needs a proper sendoff. If it's going to be his last match, I'd love to see Punk retire him. If it's not, though, then I'd choose Bryan, because even though I absolutely love Punk, he honestly isn't very good at WWE's style of match working.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts