Wrestling Forum banner

If you became owner of TNA, what would your first TWO official acts be?

4946 Views 75 Replies 63 Participants Last post by  Simply...amazing
Please note the fact that the title says, "OFFICIAL" acts, meaning acts that pertain to the business. I'm sure there are some who's first official act would be to roll a fatty if they suddenly became owner of a wrestling company but I'd appreciate serious responses if possible.

Here's mine:

1) Hire Jim Ross as my lead announcer and executive consultant.
2) Hire Mick Foley as color commentator and executive consultant.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
993 Posts
1) Release the WWE rejects (Matt Hardy)

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
1) Create developmental territory. More specifically, start-up a working agreement with an already existing promotion - like Scott D'Amore's MaxPro.

2) Begin marketing a name and identity change, that will come into effect on a particular date. Get Don West to shift the old TNA-branded merch, in the process.

· Old School
5,184 Posts
Please note the fact that the title says, "OFFICIAL" acts, meaning acts that pertain to the business. I'm sure there are some who's first official act would be to roll a fatty if they suddenly became owner of a wrestling company but I'd appreciate serious responses if possible.

Here's mine:

1) Hire Jim Ross as my lead announcer and executive consultant.
2) Hire Mick Foley as color commentator and executive consultant.

Last I checked JR was under contract with WWE so that's out of the equation. :(

· Premium Member
6,460 Posts
1. Take over creative with a team that knows the ropes (Taylor, Borash and Foley). My ideas will be filtered and expanded on by them but the final decision is mine.
2. Cultivate a team that can sell the product. We’ll be looking for a new TV station suitor, more advertising, show on the road etc.
Making changes to the roster comes later.

· Registered
8,239 Posts
1)Replace the creative team with a new one. Consisting of Gabe Sapolsky, Dave Laganna, Tommy Dreamer, Raven, and Jeff Jarrett. They wouldn't get Carte Blanche to do what they wanted. I'd definitely filter their ideas. If a guy's on the creative team, that means his wrestling days are over!

2)Start a vigorous marketing campaign. I'd try to makes sure the guys got their faces out there. Make sure they make as many personal appearance as possible. Because what good is a new creative team, if nobody's watching?

· Registered
13 Posts
1)Replace the creative team with a new one. Consisting of Gabe Sapolsky, Dave Laganna, Tommy Dreamer, Raven, and Jeff Jarrett. They wouldn't get Carte Blanche to do what they wanted. I'd definitely filter their ideas. If a guy's on the creative team, that means his wrestling days are over!

2)Start a vigorous marketing campaign. I'd try to makes sure the guys got their faces out there. Make sure they make as many personal appearance as possible. Because what good is a new creative team, if nobody's watching?
This maybe without Jeff Jarrett, OH and Get out of the IZ

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.