Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Women Japanese wrestlers have been a huge fan favorite in American and really all over the world since Asuka and has continued with Kairi Sane, Io Shirai, Riho, and Shida.

If WWE or AEW if you think they should go there could give a contract to one more Japanese female wrestler who would you choose?

For me 100% no hesitation Hana Kimura.

She can be as cute and adorable as Kairi. When you also need her to be a good heel more times than not she's gonna be cheered cause she's to damn likeable a good in the ring.

Like her fellow country women before her despite the language barrier her charisma and presence shines through where you really dont care what she's saying as long as she's getting airtime your all for it.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I honestly think the WWE already have more than they know what to do with them. Apparently the rumor is Sareee is the next one to sign soon.

I personally don't really like Hana Kimura.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hiroyo Matsumoto

After the performance she put on at MYC 2? Hell yes! She got to the semi-finals before she lost. Beat the shit out of Rachel Evers and almost beat Toni Storm. Plus, she's been a free agent for years. Nobody in the US has managed to grab her up yet, but WWE almost managed to sign her last year.

For some reason the deal fell through, I don't know why either.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I could see Giulia, Hana Kimura, Sareee, Maki Itoh, Reika Saiki, Saki Kashima or Natsu Sumire being on their radar. I think I'd prefer Hikaru Shida and Yuka Sakazaki in WWE because AEW is doing nothing for them, and at least they'd be surrounded by people who can wrestle at their level.

I'm kinda curious about which men you guys think would work in the WWE (Best case scenarios of course).

Jiro Kuroshio is rumored to be signed by WWE in the future.

·
Banned
6,268 Posts
I don't really follow joshi, but Hana Kimura has got a good look. Reika Saiki is ripped to shit and if she can speak almost fluent English, she could be a good tag team partner for someone. Natsu Sumire seems to have a very sexualized look. She could be a third addition to The Iconics. Saki Kashima has got that innocent schoolgirl look, but she might be too similar to Kairi Sane in that regard, and they don't do well with her as it is. Same with Maki Itoh. Sareee might be a good replacement in NXT for Io Shirai when she moves up. Give Giulia time to develop. Hiroyo Matsumoto has a great bad-ass look, but she's another I'd see doing better in NXT,

From that list, I'd probably go with Hana Kimura, maybe with Reika Saiki as a tag team partner to mix it up with Asuka & Kairi Sane. Then Matsumoto and Sareee for NXT.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
The more, the better.

Literally every Japanese girl they’ve introduced has been good so far.

The Japanese women are more highly trained on average, and if they get picked it’s usually because their non-verbal charisma is off the charts.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
None, they already have enough and half of them can't even cut a promo in English. Wrestling is boring as hell now because nearly everything is workrate focused centered around people with zero presence and personality. Pretty much the exact opposite of the 80's and 90's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts