Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know NXT! and Superstars rol is about the developing of new talents, but I really like the way they are joining new young talent to Smackdown. Damien Sandow, Ryback, Antonio Cesaro, Abraham Washington, even people like Titus O'Neil and Darren Young can use this proper chance to get better every week. Besides, I think is a fresh breeze for the fans as Smackdown have a limited roster and I don't think that any fan wants to see tag team matches between two feuds almost every week.

You can argue that there are a lot of jobbers and perhaps neither of them are really a solid objects in feuds but I think that they can use this opportunity as a chance to evolve in this show that it seems that is behind RAW in every aspect (I don't even think that Smackdown is the "Wrestling show", right now) so if they use this show as a way to have his young talent, I'm all for it.

I just hope they can really use this guys. Not only to have a couple of weeks or months and then not having any plans for them. If they can exploit this talents, in the long future WWE will improve greatly his quality especially because they NEED some new stars in the future.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I agree. It's one of the few things they can do - other than actually book an exciting show which I gues is out of the question - to make Smackdown interesting at this point. Make it the place where all the new talent goes to shine.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Alot of SmackDown's issues is with it's writing, as there's never really anything going on outside of the main feud (this is a problem on Raw too, but they do a better job of covering it up as it is the A show). I like all the new talent too, but with WWE's wildly inconsistent booking, it may only create more problems in the long run as you have more new guys on TV, yes, but not actually doing anything to build a relationship with the fans. End result is just more people no one cares about running around on Fridays. Cesaro and Sandow look to be having unique debuts at least, hopefully they won't go cold on them within a few months and keep them in fresh scenarios so they can get over.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Except Smackdown is a weekly television show contracted to Sy-fi network which means WWE SMACKDOWN has to deliver good Ratings. This is not possible with a jobber roster.

Smackdown is not used as a developmental show but more like "Testing the waters" sort of deal. Only the right guys with charisma make it to the A-show.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Alot of SmackDown's issues is with it's writing, as there's never really anything going on outside of the main feud (this is a problem on Raw too, but they do a better job of covering it up as it is the A show). I like all the new talent too, but with WWE's wildly inconsistent booking, it may only create more problems in the long run as you have more new guys on TV, yes, but not actually doing anything to build a relationship with the fans. End result is just more people no one cares about running around on Fridays. Cesaro and Sandow look to be having unique debuts at least, hopefully they won't go cold on them within a few months and keep them in fresh scenarios so they can get over.
This pretty much. All the new debuts on SmackDown recently are great and all.. but if WWE don't have decent plans for these guys then they're quickly going to drift into irrelevancy. Being on SmackDown instead of RAW is already a disadvantage, with how many more people watch RAW, so these new talents really needed a good storyline/feud and good booking to back it up to get them noticed.

SmackDown's been more interesting lately with these new debuts, and I hope they can keep my interest...

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Smackdown's going to need at least a couple of new babyfaces this summer after all these new heels are done establishing themselves with squashing jobbers and fully presenting their characters. Turning Bryan face in the very near future, Gabriel coming back from his injury and then turning Christian some time around early July or so, would help but they're still going to need a couple of other faces. Seth Rollins would be a good choice for a summertime debut. I don't think Richie Steamboat is quite ready for a call-up but they ought to look at him.

Anyway, I agree with much of what the OP is saying. The vast majority of FCW guys should debut on Smackdown right now to give it a lift. Dean Ambrose, though, is a distinct exception in my eyes: he should be going to Raw.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Except Smackdown is a weekly television show contracted to Sy-fi network which means WWE SMACKDOWN has to deliver good Ratings. This is not possible with a jobber roster.

Smackdown is not used as a developmental show but more like "Testing the waters" sort of deal. Only the right guys with charisma make it to the A-show.
This. Exactly.

The reason why so many new FCW/NXT members are getting a shot on Smackdown isn't to make it a developmental show but because WWE's roster is so thin that they can't book a Smackdown show without it. All of the top talent is on Raw and they don't want to risk injuring them by working Smackdown also.

The IWC probably likes seeing all of the NXT/FCW call ups, but the casual fans aren't going to care. It won't sell tickets and it won't increase their viewership (two things Smackdown is already struggling with). If anything, it's going to make Smackdown seem like a dumping ground for untested talent and that could make the brand even more irrelvant. So WWE has to be careful on this balance. Even though Smackdown is the B-show and they don't care about it at all, they can't make it even more obvious with all these new guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts