Wrestling Forum banner

Who would you pick as the NUMBER 1 Draft Pick?

• Hulk Hogan

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Randy Savage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Cena

• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Bret Hart

• The Rock

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Sting

• The Undertaker

• OTHER

Votes: 4 9.8%

If WWE Started Today...

1504 Views 24 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  BallinGid
If the WWE started today and you were the owner...and this list of wrestlers were all around the same age, and you had the choice of picking just ONE of these wrestlers to base the WWE around...who would you pick and why?
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
4,024 Posts
I'd go with Austin, Rock's my favorite on the list but he would eventually leave to make movies so I wouldn't want someone who could potentially leave over the other guys on the list. Austin is also the biggest draw in history so that can't hurt choosing him.

· P.O.P., hold it down
23,119 Posts
I'd go with Austin, Rock's my favorite on the list but he would eventually leave to make movies so I wouldn't want someone who could potentially leave over the other guys on the list. Austin is also the biggest draw in history so that can't hurt choosing him.
This.

· Registered
118 Posts
Well considering none of these guys are given draws since they all got famous in the WWE and this is the WWE DAY 1. I'd have to individually find out wtf their talents are.

Hulk Hogan: Well no you look like your on roids and this is 2011 i don't really see a new entertainment business breaking out like that.
Randy Savage: See above
John Cena: See above
Shawn Michaels: Wanna be the guy who holds the camera
Stone Cold Steve Austin: Ok, i'll give you a call in two weeks.
Bret Hart: Oh what you and your family have their own prowrestling cicruit!
The Rock: Oh wow you have a lot of potential kid you've done football and your dad has had a successful career and look at that smile it melts my heart
Sting: Wanna come back tomorrow and have an interview as the guy who holds the camera.
The Undertaker:Holy shit dude

Ok so i'd break it down to TAKER,HART,ROCKY MAIVIA. annnnnnnnnnnnnnd since their all the same age I'd go with Taker since he's 6'10 and already isn't better then this business. Wouldn't want Bret Hart going all M-1 Global on my Strikefroce. Question answered

· Registered
955 Posts
what do you mean the guy who holds the camera? and why would you call back in 2 weeks? Anyway I vote Austin. His presence is tremendous and I care more about him hosting tough enough than I do Taker wrestling HHH or Michaels opinion on that, or Hart doing anything

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Shawn michaels. He's one of the most entertaining guy in wwe/f history.
The rock, as mentioned above, will leave the company to do movies.
Cena and hogan can't wrestle for shit.
Undertaker and sting, well they are not bad. But they don't have a humor sense according to their gimmicks.
Austin, this guy is great, I would list him second after hbk.
Bret hart, with all due respect to the harts family, sometimes bret's gimmick gets boring.
Randy savage, didn't see this guy wrestle before, but heard of his name.

· Registered
4,563 Posts
The Rock can captivate any audience and works for PG, as well as the teenagers. Austin is more for the teens.
PG rated family oriented is dead and should have been buried. can't you see everyone from Austin to jericho and fans crying out for edgy-tv14 products? PG rated doesn't work anymore which is why today talent is tough to get over. remember back in attitude? alot of kids growing up watching Austin-Rock...so call kids today is damn lame where you can't swear or blood.

· Registered
165 Posts
PG rated family oriented is dead and should have been buried. can't you see everyone from Austin to jericho and fans crying out for edgy-tv14 products? PG rated doesn't work anymore which is why today talent is tough to get over. remember back in attitude? alot of kids growing up watching Austin-Rock...so call kids today is damn lame where you can't swear
And yet, I bet WWE still stays PG. Its a business and PG makes money. Its mostly about the kids and Rock can captivate them, while Stone Cold probably could not with a PG environment. Kids buy pay per views, while teenagers stream it online. Kids buy merchandise, while teenagers couldnt care less about an armband or dogchains. PG makes money.

I agree with you on the fact that America has been pussified by over obsessive mothers. Its really horrible but its the way it is.

· Registered
4,563 Posts
look at rock return, is he PG or Edgy Rock that we use to see in Attitude era? if rock return in PG mode and he can captivate it then you are right but i can't see it. PG makes money? they losing fans and buyrates decrease. did you notice when Cena say the word ASS and he get massive pop few months back?

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
The Rock. And despite the remarkable talent on that list, I don't even think it's a hard choice. No wrestler in history has held an audience in the palm of their hand like The Rock has done. He is the ultimate entertainer.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
hogan. we all know why. i dont think i really have to explain?
I agree with this.

I know, I sure as hell wouldn't choose Shawn Michaels.

·      
4,018 Posts
Today? Triple H. He's younger than most on that list which doesn't mean to say that he's a spring chicken of course, at 41. I think he's more involved in the promotion than most of said wrestlers. He's worked as a face both in single competition and in a stable. He's been a terrific heel at times. Maybe not the best wrestler, but he's volunteered his body for most (if not all) of wrestling's catalog of high risk/high reward matches. And when he's done wrestling, he fit in fine in either an executive role or a creative role; would be a fantastic agent, too. Definitely HHH. HBK, Austin and the Rock are tempting, though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.