Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I read these forums, I notice many people go 'TNA will be out of buisness in a couple of years' or 'TNA is dying' etc.

If this was to happen, what would you think if the WWE purchased the company, then ran it as one of its own side shows.

Now, I know little of there rebranding of the ECW franchise, but I hear it was a disaster and wasn't in the true orginal style and manor of the ECW of old.

But with stars of the WWE, plus the money they could really revamp the show from better sets and venues to better stars?

I mean hypothetically, you know, it could be kept as a WWE show for 'adults' that isn't PG, in a WWE Total Action promotion or something.

Hell, I don't know, but if it ever came to that, and TNA was shutting down, would you welcome the WWE to save it, and what would you see in terms of pros and cons of them buying the brand?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Vince bought the 2nd biggest wrestling company of all time, a company that damn near did him in, a company that created stars such as Ric Flair, Goldberg, Sting, etc...not to mention the nWo....

...and he never gave it a show. I think he missed the ball on that, quite honestly. He should have canceled Smackdown and made it WCW Friday Nitro and given complete control to Jim Ross to run it. I guarantee you it would be drawing better ratings than Smackdown is if, IF, IF, they would have kept its look and feel seperate to that of WWE and simply allowed Jim Ross to run his own organization from top to bottom.

I love TNA (mainly because WCW is gone and I was as big of a WCW mark as there was) but there is no way Vince would give them their own show. They havent created stars or legacies and there is nothing in its history to make people rabid over it. ECW had violent matches and Vince thought people wanted that. TNA has no identity.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
First off people have been saying TNA will die since day one. TNA will be gone in a week next month bla bla.

TNA is going no where. They will sort out all the shit they need to. WWF/E had its growing problems. Its been around for 60 plus years.

TNA plans on massive company changes in early 2011. Management finally are realizing that big paid stars are not bringing ratings. They are going to star bringin in a lot of sweet Indy talent. Change a lot of other things with the company.

This time around Vince will never get his hands on TNA. First off he never wanted to buy wcw or ecw. He was mad that there was no competition cus he knows its good for business. First off Dixie wants TNA to succeed .She will keep working at it. Also i tell u if the chance EVER came where she did sell it. It would not be sold to vince HE would not want it and someone else would invest.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
...and he never gave it a show.
Vince tried to get a late night 1 hour slot for WCW, by the time they were able to get it, they used it for Confidential or something. They were going to do something with WCW and even put some dates in for potential TV tapings, but TNN was delaying things and even then, the acquired talent wasn't as strong as a lot of the popular wrestlers stayed away and either went to WWE years later, or went elsewhere. Also note that they had two WCW matches on RAW and SmackDown! that weren't put over by the crowd.

If WWE wanted to do something like an hourly show by next year, they'd just need to find somewhere to broadcast it and use the SmackDown tapings for it. Basically, it'd be as bad as WWECW, which was good at the start but slowly faded into "yet another WWE brand" once Paul Heyman quit.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Vince bought the 2nd biggest wrestling company of all time, a company that damn near did him in, a company that created stars such as Ric Flair, Goldberg, Sting, etc...not to mention the nWo....

...and he never gave it a show.
He was going to, until Booker & Bagwell's tester match took a massive nose dive so WWE decided against continuing with WCW programming.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
If this was to happen, what would you think if the WWE purchased the company, then ran it as one of its own side shows.
Why would they? WWE already has four shows with stronger brand identities than iMPACT.

The most that would happen is a 'Self-Destruction of TNA' DVD and an Radicalz-like invasion by four or five guys, backed up by some of the video footage.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
TNA plans on massive company changes in early 2011. Management finally are realizing that big paid stars are not bringing ratings. They are going to star bringin in a lot of sweet Indy talent. Change a lot of other things with the company.
As much as the dirtsheets would plaster this, it really won't happen unless serious things happened, such as Hogan and Bischoff leaving at Lockdown, Dixie Carter stepping back and letting a creative mind run the company and Vince Russo being shown the door from Creative. I mean, Dixie backed away from a 5 year plan (which you know, TNA never has) in favour of a NWO rehash with a Divas belt.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
If Vince bought TNA, I think i'd take a extended break from watching wrestling because TNA is the only wrestling show i make an effort to watch weekly, I keep up with a few people in WWE like Orton/Morrison/Bourne/Melina mainly but TNA i watch no matter how bad the show is.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why would they? WWE already has four shows with stronger brand identities than iMPACT.

The most that would happen is a 'Self-Destruction of TNA' DVD and an Radicalz-like invasion by four or five guys, backed up by some of the video footage.
To be honest, I haven't watched the WWE since 2003 as we no longer had sky, and even now, now that I have sky again, once in a blue moon, I watch the WWE Experience on sky one, but I have no idea how many shows they have outside of Raw, Smackdown and NXT or how well they draw.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
First off people have been saying TNA will die since day one. TNA will be gone in a week next month bla bla.

TNA is going no where. They will sort out all the shit they need to. WWF/E had its growing problems. Its been around for 60 plus years.

This time around Vince will never get his hands on TNA. First off he never wanted to buy wcw or ecw. He was mad that there was no competition cus he knows its good for business. First off Dixie wants TNA to succeed .She will keep working at it. Also i tell u if the chance EVER came where she did sell it. It would not be sold to vince HE would not want it and someone else would invest.
never wanted to buy them? :no:

Massive changes that we have been screaming for years, they are finally gonna turn the shite around even though they are publicly comfortable for the BisHogan regime?

sounds almost too good to be true

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
This brand mentality wouldn't work to well, TNA has too many guys that are talented enough to get a shot at the WWE Title so an ECW spinoff wouldn't work. AJ, Morgan, Joe, Pope, Roode, Anderson, Hardy, Angle are all mainevent material. I'm pretty sure that WWE would treat some of those guys better than TNA does actually.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
wrestling doesn't need tv to function

they could of easily started from scratch and make WCW a house show business, even issue a petition to get wcw back on tv, under wwfs branding and direction how could it fail

how would that not be better than the botched invasion angle or just leaving wcw in the dust

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
If WWE happened by chance to buy TNA what would happen is Vince would kill it off and bury all of the talent there.Hell he may just fire everyone for fun. Vince has bought out or killed off a lot of"smaller" promotions in the past.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
If WWE happened by chance to buy TNA what would happen is Vince would kill it off and bury all of the talent there.Hell he may just fire everyone for fun. Vince has bought out or killed off a lot of"smaller" promotions in the past.
TNA isn't a real threat to WWE unless TNA so in Vinces mind, all the TNA guys could be some more unexploited moneymakers.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
If WWE 'brought' TNA, maybe their production team could make a video package highlighting the difference between the words 'bought' and 'brought'. Just a guess.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Yeah, because buying WCW/ECW was so good for the fans and the industry...
It's not Vince's fault that WCW collapsed before our very eyes, even though it had some of the biggest names in wrestling history.

Vince had a chance to finally kill off his main rival and he did it, I don't blame him....I blame guys like Russo, Hogan, and Billionaire Ted who put WCW in that position.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
TNA isn't a real threat to WWE unless TNA so in Vinces mind, all the TNA guys could be some more unexploited moneymakers.
No of course not, but neither were many of those smaller promotions. He came in their territory , made threats and bullied his way. The only problem was those small promotions don't have a financial backign that TNA does so he can't exactly do that to TNA.

It's not Vince's fault that WCW collapsed before our very eyes, even though it had some of the biggest names in wrestling history.

Vince had a chance to finally kill off his main rival and he did it, I don't blame him....I blame guys like Russo, Hogan, and Billionaire Ted who put WCW in that position.
To be fair,Vince only beat Bischoff to buy WCW by like a day

·
Banned
2,408 Posts

So did ECW. Hence why some of us say Heyman is a better booker than a businessman.

As for if McMahon buys TNA...

Completely and totally scrapped. And not even a mention on WWE programming. This is all due to TNA having absolutely no identiy what-so-ever. However, some of the younger guys would likely get a shot at developmental or NXT. The only thing of value in TNA is expanding the library of Angle, Sting, Hardy, and Christian (if he ever catches fire), among others.

·
Registered
621 Posts
They will turn Abyss into a friendly monster and make him hug and dance with Hornswaggle. Then they will use he talented TNA wrestlers to push the talentless WWE wrestlers (who are a lot) and then they will fire most of TNA's wrestlers .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts