Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts
Vince McMahon is comfortable and complacent to do what he wants unless the audience is kicking and screaming like a year ago with D-Bry. Until he dies or genuine competition comes to fruition, this is what we have.
Funny thing is, if you watch the Monday night wars specials on the network you could hear him and a lot of backstage figures saying "WCW is dead because they were complacent and didn't step up their game" and he's doing the same fucking thing.

·
Banned
1,975 Posts
Oh, I know. He only went outside his light-hearted, cookie-cutter box because it was necessary for survival. Now the product is exactly the way he wants it. One key guy, all main-eventers needed to rely on talking in an overabundance rather that let actions speak louder sometimes, and micro-managing the entire presentation.

A lot of talent is afraid to take initiative like Punk and the Shield also because of that lack of competition. The other best option is New Japan, but how many of them wanna actually go overseas all the time? In the late '90s, if you had ambition and star potential but you were getting jipped at every turn, you could jump to WWF or WCW.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Vince primarily only cares about the Main Event. That's how he's always been. That being said Nexus, Shield, Bray Wyatt. He's not disrespecting those guys. Every single person that he said was reaching for his brass rings came from NXT. In regards to running NXT he's just deferring power and letting HHH handle the show.

The roster will never look like NXT though. Wrestling salaries won't allow for that.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I hate the whole "NXT has a niche fanbase" argument.

In a business sense, why would you ignore one of your ventures that despite having a "Niche" fanbase, has gotten WORLDWIDE social media praise. Hell I'll one up that, why would you ignore the ONLY aspect of your company that has gotten praise lately? :kobe

Just because the sample size may be smaller, doesn't mean the end result won't translate over to the larger audiences of the main show.

NXT is proving that WRESTLING coming before storylines, is the formula for success. Every good wrestling show always needs both, but the actual in-ring product should ALWAYS take precedence.

You can't convince me RAW wouldn't be better off if it started integrating NXT quality in-ring excellence into regular television.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Cause if Vince touches it, all the awesomeness will be gone. He doesn't "get" wrestling anymore. He doesn't move with the times. He's too obsessed with social media and being accepted by pop culture to give a shit about his own characters.

If you love NXT, then you better hope it stays the same. Cause once it gets a better TV deal and Vince and Dunn get their hands on it, you're FUCKED. The matches will be shorter, they will slash a lot of the movesets and it will move to a bigger arena which will take away the "Indy wrestling" charm it has about it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts