Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you react? I'm a fan of both, but it's WM 30. This just wouldn't draw my interest at all for the main event of the 30th anniversary.

I'm worried were getting this because they keep calling Orton the face of the wwe trying to build him up for cena at WM (the real face of the company)

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
It should be Daniel Bryan vs Cena title for title.
It would be a way for Cena to get his win back from DB.

Orton having the title is just terrible. He is failing big time.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
:mark: That is all.

Orton/Cena is THE rivalry of this era (I don't care if revisionist history of the IWC jacks off to Punk/Cena) and deserves a one on one match at WM. What better way than a champion vs champion match?

Sounds too good to be true, though.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I wonder whether having two world championships actually hurts the product, especially winning back/gaining viewers. Imagine one night you tune in and they tell you the Miami Heat are the world champion and then on Smackdown it´s suddenly the San Antonio Spurs and then it´s the Heat again. Would make a lot more sense to have THE top guy.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Orton/Cena is THE rivalry of this era (I don't care if revisionist history of the IWC jacks off to Punk/Cena) and deserves a one on one match at WM. What better way than a champion vs champion match?

Nope these rivalries were better IMO.

Jericho/HBK 08
Edge/Taker 08
Orton/HHH 09
HBK/Taker 10

Ehhh you're kinda wrong there. And Punk/Cena had put on better matches. Cena/Orton SS 07 and NWO 08 are their only good matches. Everything else was bad to mediocre. Punk/Cena has had by far better chemistry.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I wouldnt like it either. Not only Im not looking forward for another Orton vs Cena match at WM, but also Im not sure Id like the titles to be unified. I'd miss the big gold belt, really.

About Orton, I'm sorry, but I dont think he's charismatic enough to be in the biggest feud of WM XXX. If he was a part of it and it was a triple threat match, it wouldnt be so bad, but I dont think he can carry such a big feud right now. At least he wouldnt draw my interest.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,427 Posts

:side:

The fact that Cena/Orton is supposed to be THE rivalry of the era explains why the era is so bad. Punk/Cena has gotten more praise and was far less forceful than Cena/Orton. But it wouldn't surprise me if this match happens.

But not an unification match. People say this every year since the there have been two world titles, always thinking Vince will finally unify them. The idea has been beaten to death almost as much as Cena/Taker and HBK coming out of retirement.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not a fan really. 1 of them will probably lose the title before mania so can't see it happening. For a main event (or unification), cena/punk or cena/bryan sounds alot better. They could do a triple with the winner of rumble included so either cena/orton/punk or cena/orton/bryan. Everything expect cena/orton is what im saying :p

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Nope these rivalries were better IMO.

Jericho/HBK 08
Edge/Taker 08
Orton/HHH 09
HBK/Taker 10

Ehhh you're kinda wrong there. And Punk/Cena had put on better matches. Cena/Orton SS 07 and NWO 08 are their only good matches. Everything else was bad to mediocre. Punk/Cena has had by far better chemistry.
First two are not part of the PG era, third one was short and not "era defining" since it's spanned for about half a decade and the last one is hardly a rivalry. ("respect" feuds don't qualify)

Punk/Cena matches are EXTREMELY overrated. MITB and Raw this year were great but everything else is highly overrated (NoC) or downright terrible (SummerSlam 11). Plus they always have the same match. Not to mention they haven't had a proper feud yet. 2011 was as much about Punk vs the Authority as it was Cena and it was suddenly cut short after SS. Last year was also cut short when Ryback entered the scene due to Cena's injury. So much for this great feud that hasn't even had a conclusive ending in any of its incarnations.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Even looking past my hate for Cena having Cena/Orton main event this landmark PPV would be terrible. I have always hated their rivalry and all their matches imo have all been snoozefests. Hopefully Vince is smarter than to book this travesty for WM 30.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Even looking past my hate for Cena having Cena/Orton main event this landmark PPV would be terrible. I have always hated their rivalry and all their matches imo have all been snoozefests. Hopefully Vince is smarter than to book this travesty for WM 30.
Sadly, Vince has a major hardon for both Cena and Orton so we probably will be getting Cena v Orton headling the
30th anniversary of Wrestlemania.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
Couldn't care less really, at the end of the day which most people fail to realise is that title prestige at this very minute is practically non-existent so the title unification wouldn't mean all that much. As far as Cena/Orton feuding again, at least it leaves the guys I actually watch for (Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes etc.) to have a decent match without the ever lurking presence of Cena ready to kill their Mania moments.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
First two are not part of the PG era.
Yes they were considering they went PG in June 2008 and both feuds were going on almost at the same time.

As for the question, it sure as hell wouldn't make me want to buy the show. If they have to meet, do it at the Rumble or the next PPV, not at Mania.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts