Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
He doesn't give US what WE want. That was the topic OP started and the topic we are talking about here. Way to avoid the topic here, buddy.
He gave little kids, sponsors and shareholders what they wanted. Yes. He hasn't given the large majority of the fans what they wanted for a very long time.

Like it or not but people on wrestling forum are a small minority

·
Registered
285 Posts
Internet forums were definitely around during the Attitude Era, I was part of them.

WCWs main event scene was regularly getting shat on (despite record ratings) - The Rock tended to get the same response online that Cena would get. Austin Wins was also a thing.

People complaining about the Hardy's being jobbers. The fact the worm was a move. People wanting Billy Gunn pushed to the moon etc.

And just like modern day, it was also technical guys like Guerrero, Benoit etc that people wanted on top.

Basically, sadly the bigger the Internet got, the more of a platform it gave these sort of people. Those whose negativity tend to rub off on other people.

The worst thing the WWE could do and has done in the past is listen to their Internet fans.

I wish I could show the people who think the attitude era was perfect the forums from back then

Wrestling fans have always been like this

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Oh, Vince finally listened to the fans alright. He listened to the smarks, the indie snobs, and the neckbeard comic book fans a la Linkara who respectfully nod at the "Women's Revolution" and are totally jealous by guys like Roman Reigns and Drew.

I think Batista sums them all up in a nutshell:

That's whom Vince has been listening to for over half a decade, and that's the reason why the product is in the shitter.

·
Angry at refs
3,129 Posts
So you wanted them to change the character traits that got him to the title in the first place?
That's not what I said. They didn't book him to have any story/character development outside of "I defend my title now". They do this for almost everyone that wins the title and is a face and say they tried.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
With the WWE you need to remember that Vince is booking for a worldwide audience featuring likely tens of millions of people week to week. Even if we are generous and say that the internet audience make up 25% of that audience (Which would be VERY high) why would he listen to a minority? AEW have done that and look what it's done for them.

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
No, because what does listening to the fans even mean? What do the fans really want? Is it the right thing for business? The fans who would be able to help your product get truly over are long gone, and they're not going to come back if you listen to us nerds who have very specific and niche tastes.

·
Banned
3,331 Posts
"If you listen to the fans you'll be sitting with them"- Every successful coach ever. Same goes for wrestling companies I'd say

41 - 48 of 48 Posts