Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If u could have any wrestler from outside of WWE during a certain time period come into the WWE scene what would your choice be? Whether it would be for match quality or promo segment interests.

My choice would be this version of TNA Kurt Angle for match and promo quality. The years would be from 2009 to 2014. I think seeing this Kurt go up against the likes of a heel Batista, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, CM Punk and Rusev would have been very interesting and some might have went down as 5 star classics cause this Kurt was a different animal with a killer look in his eyes in my opinion and even though he had substance issues it felt like he had more to prove in the ring and he relied more on tactical skill and experience than a physical brute strength contest so I think it would have been cool if this Kurt was able to have matches in that 5 year time span. Who would u choose?

·
The Babyface of WF
Defying the role dynamic
16,749 Posts
AJ Styles at his peak athletic prowess which would be around 2004-09 at his best in terms of Workrate acumen-Into the earlier stages of Smackdown Ruthless Aggression Era when the Cruiserweight Title was still a part of the brand's identity, I'd wager AJ would have shot up the card eventually albeit a slow process and just biding time with some decent Character development to help propel him along.

Personally I would have loved to see that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
An odd one I grant you but I want Bret back at the start of 1999. He comes in as the higher power, which makes infinately more sense than Vince given the situation. He massacres Vince, then everyone in the corporate minestry as they are just all bums except taker at that point. He can then flip and you have Bret vs Austin, Rock, Foley, Shamrock as great match ups. Later on you have Angle, Jericho & Beniot coming in for even more until he moves into a part time roll post 2000.

As a massive bonus Owen probably doesnt do that ridiculous stunt and is still breathing and happy with his familiy today.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,110 Posts
nwo in invasion

styles on sd! 2004-06

Reactions: peowulf

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,571 Posts
First off, cool topic. Props to the OP.

Bret Hart to WWE in 1999-2000 opens up a lot of possibilities, but I don't think he was ever the same after the screwjob. I think he was just checked out. Even the match where he should have been the most on (the Owen tribute match against Chris Benoit) was good but nothing remarkable, not for his standards.

If you look at which scenario opens up the most "dream" matches, it's probably Sting to WWE during the Attitude Era. Holy lord almighty, the number of ways you can go with that.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Pretty much half of the TNA home grown talent. from 04-08/09/10. Most of them like AJ, Daniels, Storm, Roode, EY, Abyss, Joe, Sabin, Hernandez and Homicide, Frankie, Petey Williams, Beautiful People, hell.. Even Shark Boy. I wasn't watching much WWE anymore because of super cena and I never saw most of them before but they entertained me so damn much. I used to daydream booking them in WWE in my head. But truth be told the only one that ever got any ground in WWE was AJ. And even he would have been jobbed out within the month if he went there before he did. So I guess none of them. Maybe Sting so we could have gotten the Taker match but even then Vince would have probably booked it so everyone regretted ever dreaming about it.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I'll pick someone that gets overlooked. 1989 NWA Ricky Steamboat into Ruthless Aggression Era.

Steamboat vs Angle

Steamboat vs Brock

Steamboat vs HBK

Steamboat vs Guerrero

Steamboat vs the man that should not be named!

Steamboat vs Rock (2006 let's say)

Steamboat vs HHH

·
Premium Member
Sister Abigail has arrived
346 Posts
Sting during 92
The briscoe brothers 2012-2021
NWO 99
Goldberg - invasion angle
Awesome Kong - first women’s royal rumble

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I would bring Goldberg at Survivor Series 1999 to replace Austin in the Triple Threat against Rock and Triple H. Goldberg did fuck all in WCW in 2000, plus this way he doesn't injure Bret Hart. Double whammy.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Kenny Omega now. Comes in, teaches Roman Reigns how to wrestle, takes his belt.

·
it's a tarp!
6,173 Posts
RoH Samoa Joe, before he became broken down. So any time from about 2002 onwards.

I think with two brands, and Brock on one. That Joe at that time could have become the defacto FotC, even if Brock was still presented as such.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I would’ve brought in Nikita and Ivan Koloff to WWF in the mid-80s to feud with Hogan. They could’ve drawn a lot of money and main evented a Mania especially with how the political climate was during that time.

·
Hardcore Casual
1,171 Posts
First off, cool topic. Props to the OP.

Bret Hart to WWE in 1999-2000 opens up a lot of possibilities, but I don't think he was ever the same after the screwjob. I think he was just checked out. Even the match where he should have been the most on (the Owen tribute match against Chris Benoit) was good but nothing remarkable, not for his standards.

If you look at which scenario opens up the most "dream" matches, it's probably Sting to WWE during the Attitude Era. Holy lord almighty, the number of ways you can go with that.
These would probably be my Top-2 choices as well. Heck, even Bret Hart on SmackDown in 2003 with Eddie, Angle, Brock would have been something else.

Goldberg might have initially gotten a bigger pop at the height of his popularity, but his appeal would have passed much more quickly than Sting's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts