Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
TNA would of had to file for bankruptcy after another 6-8 weeks if they stayed on Mondays.

As far as your question goes I'd say .2.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
That's a good point but out of curiosity does the NFL air against Raw? and if so, if you're watching an NFL game, do you watch constantly or do you flip channels (because American Football is very stop start isn't it)

·
Registered
823 Posts
There's about 25-35 seconds between plays, but they show replays and give you stats and analysis etc. during that time. I only flip the channel during commercials.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
There's about 25-35 seconds between plays, but they show replays and give you stats and analysis etc. during that time. I only flip the channel during commercials.
Hmmmm, with the Superbowl being the only American Football I've ever seen I've got to say it feels a lot longer than 35 seconds, but maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
the way they broadcast the super bowl is really long. way more long commercial breaks, TV Time outs etc, than a normal game. It probably about an hour longer

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hmmmm, with the Superbowl being the only American Football I've ever seen I've got to say it feels a lot longer than 35 seconds, but maybe that's just me.
Well, the play clock is 40 seconds, so that is the absolute maximum time between plays, usually though you don't let the clock run all the way down before you snap the ball. 25-35 seconds is the average time between plays.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Well, the play clock is 40 seconds, so that is the absolute maximum between plays, usually though you don't let the clock run all the way down before you snap the ball.
Ahhh, I getcha. It must be the breaks between quarters that I'm thinking about.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
They should've never gone to mondays in the first place.

Monday specials? maybe, but not every week. No way.
Repped. :)

This explains everything, after pulling that 1.5...they should have built and maintained that number on Thursday nights.

Instead Hogan/Bischoff got greedy and jumped the gun, and fucking lost some of their audience and money in the process.

Worst move in TNA history :rolleyes:

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts
Ahhh, I getcha. It must be the breaks between quarters that I'm thinking about.
No they also go to commercials every time the ball changes possession or a team scores. The game takes way longer than it should because of that. So it is 40 seconds max between plays but there a few ways that the game can get stopped for a commercial.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Should put Xplosion on the 8PM hour slot on Mondays. They really only got ratings during the first few quarter hours and people waiting for RAW could flip over to Xplosion and see previews to Thursday's Impact and Reaction that week closing out Xplosion.

·
8,232 Posts
In a weird way, I believe iMPACT! may have benefitted going up against MNF.

Could of brought more eyeballs to the product, much like Lebrons "decision" and Jersey Shore season 2 premiere.

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
Should put Xplosion on the 8PM hour slot on Mondays. They really only got ratings during the first few quarter hours and people waiting for RAW could flip over to Xplosion and see previews to Thursday's Impact and Reaction that week closing out Xplosion.
Interesting, but would not work with the current taping system in place.

Unless they do a live Xplosion every second week... but do they really want to be live for a show like Xplosion?

That would help get the "new" show over though... Like I said, Interesting.

A Tuesday or Wednesday time slot for Xplosion is more likely to happen.

Oh, Thursday at 8PM would be a mistake........

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
In a weird way, I believe iMPACT! may have benefitted going up against MNF.

Could of brought more eyeballs to the product, much like Lebrons "decision" and Jersey Shore season 2 premiere.
I can see your point, but to be honest, I would watch MNF even if TNA was advertising another "Whole F'n Show" type program.

Football would have killed TNA imo, Thursday is the perfect day for Impact as not much is on TV and more people are channel surfing for entertainment.

Not another Jersey Shore mention :lmao

·
Registered
823 Posts
I can see your point, but to be honest, I would watch MNF even if TNA was advertising another "Whole F'n Show" type program.

Football would have killed TNA imo, Thursday is the perfect day for Impact as not much is on TV and more people are channel surfing for entertainment.

Not another Jersey Shore mention :lmao
NFL Network airs a lot of Thursday night NFL games. Not sure how much effect that would have?

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
NFL Network airs a lot of Thursday night NFL games. Not sure how much effect that would have?
Not many people in the US have NFL Network, at least not many people I know :lmao maybe they're cheap!

NFL Network is like a PPV channel in my area, so I highly doubt that NFL games on Thursday will effect the ratings for TNA, they haven't in the past.

Only the diehard NFL fans get that channel, most just catch the replay on Sportcenter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts