Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. TNA get one main eventer from wwe to improve their show, either ratings or television wise, and you get to pick them.

In my personal opinion, i'd take CM Punk, i think he could do wonders for Tna's storys and whatnot. Now i know what you're thinking, orton or cena would bring in so many ratinz!? Tbh, i don't think they would, Jeff Hardy was the most over mothafucka in wwe, and he brought fuckall to tna (aside from his useless brother and high flying wannabe friend).

So who would you bring in?

·
8,232 Posts
Uhm, considering I'd love WWE to have competition I'd take John Cena in a heartbeat.

Of course, TNA will just reduce John Cena to a midcarder wrestling in front of 800 people in Wherethefuckarewe, North Dakota. :side:

I joke.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Uhm, considering I'd love WWE to have competition I'd take John Cena in a heartbeat.

Of course, TNA will just reduce John Cena to a midcarder wrestling in front of 800 people in Wherethefuckarewe, North Dakota. :side:

I joke.
They'd push him even harder than the WWE are doing or ever has done LOL. He'd never lose and hold the belt for 10 years

I'd rather have CM Punk, bring him back would be awesome. TNA dropped the ball with him .. well a lot of guys but yah Punk would be great

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I joke.
He'd be a 4 time tna champion within 2 impact tapings in all likelyhood.

Tbh, i think that John Cena is subjective, take him away from WWE and nobody would follow him in TNA they'd just watch WWE for whichever guy they rocket into Cenas spot, and providing its not someone ridiculously bad, they wouldn't look for an alternative.
Though i can see your point.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
I'd say that TNA has enough young talent to last them for awhile, so I would actually choose Triple H.

It's true that Cena is the posterboy of the WWE, but with HHH being 'in the family' I think it'd create much more of a buzz then Cena switching. Cena is the face, but he is not beyond replacement. I don't think he would make much of an impact going over to TNA.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
If they would build their own stars they wouldn't have to worry about WWE.

But the obvious would be Cena.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
If they would build their own stars they wouldn't have to worry about WWE.
They have own stars (or had till it all started to go wrong), but that doesn´t change ratings. It´s been proven again and again. Sting, Flair, Hogan, Angle, RVD,and Jeff Hardy are in TNA yet their ratings haven´t changed from the time it was just Samoa Joe, Styles, Daniels, Abyss, Jarrett, Rhino, Monty Brown, MCMG, Beer Money, Senshi, Tomko and Christian. Just like WWE ratings wouldn´t change, if they had the current TNA stars in the main event.
Both are at the bottom of their drawing power, where only their hardcore fanbase watches and these fans hardly care about the names.
It´s the brand that matters in this case.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Why take main eventers? Take some of the underused, but talented midcarders and make them main eventers. You get young, unproven talent and they cut WWE's legs off.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I wouldn't take anyone from WWE, history has shown that it has no effect on TNA other than to raise costs. I would look to use indy wrestlers, establishing TNA on it's own merits. Chris Hero would be my first signing.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
take anyone other than Cena you're wrong. you're head of the business if you can make this choice, and like cena or not, you need to make a smart business decision.

there's only one person who could give TNA the ratings draw they think they can get from all the WWE rejects they don't actually get. and that's Cena. the merch sales alone would give you the money to finally GTFO the impact zone.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Why take main eventers? Take some of the underused, but talented midcarders and make them main eventers. You get young, unproven talent and they cut WWE's legs off.
This is what TNA has to do in their own house but they won't. Also signing a WWE main eventer is not going to help TNA. But I will play along and say Undertaker. This way we
can see him versus Sting.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.