Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Imagine no Jericho, imagine Triple H in the ring with MJF.

Imagine HHH smirking in the background whilst MJF is delivering his first ever proper promo on TV.

Or HBK rolling his eyes, acting like a goof. I get flashes of the segment ending with sweet chin music.

Or Stephanie looking down on MJF and putting him in his place.

Could you imagine?? I mean I can...I’ve seen in for 20 years, this was the first time in a long time I saw the veteran take a step back, look impressed by the young lion and give him props, let him shine. How refreshing!!

I just loved the fact Jericho could get his shit in, but not need to put down MJF, felt like MJF was lifted. So refreshing!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm just glad we can experience MJF in AEW. AEW is going to do great things with him and he's going to do great things for himself. The sky is the limit and only he can take himself there. Definitely turning into my favorite personality in AEW thus far. Outside of the obvious Jericho

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely turning into my favorite personality in AEW thus far. Outside of the obvious Jericho
You mean god? Yeah wholeheartedly agree !! The platform was his, he was given the time

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
MJF is Paul Heyman in his prime, that can wrestle.

Let that sink in for a moment and realise the kid has no ceiling

We’re in for an interesting couple of years

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Shit, MJF wouldn't even be in the ring with HHH, he'd be chasing R-Truth around for the 24/7 title and jobbing to Dolph Ziggler on Main Event. :lol
I hope you are serious when you say that cause that would probably be his ceiling in WWE lol. No way he would be allowed to cut that promo unless 50 Hollywood writers got through with it first.

It's sad state of affairs when a guy as talented as MJF would probably be a lower card comedy heel under Vince's watch.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
In WWE, because as per Vince and triple H, babyfaces and heels are outdated, a babyface Cody would be getting booed..because he would be crushing the heels every single week, to the point that fans start sympathizing with the heels who get their asses handed to them every week... MJF would be spouting out corny lines like shoving teeth down someone's throat..after which he would be getting beat by Cody on free tv clean :lol

Ohh you can speak damn it.. You need to do comedy on the lower midcard.. while putting over our top babyface workhorses :vince5

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
If this was WWE, MJF would have had to do a overly scripted promo in front of a bored, indifferent crowd, thus making his promo ineffective. Someone will come out (like a Rollins, Orton, or Reigns), and respond with a just as lame promo response back and it sets up a nonsensical 50/50 booking fued where both don't get over and becomes forgettable.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
EC3 was great in 2015/2016 as the whole package. Hell, Miz was making a nice strong run in 2017 with his work as well with Bryan and GEEK Ziggler.

They stifle great mic workers. They don't want them to be bigger than "the WWE brand".

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jericho has always been great at putting his opponents over on the mic. He was probably the only one who didnt make fun of Bray back in 2013-2014 meanwhile Cena was making a mockery of his entire character. Jericho gets the fact that if your opponent looks good, you look better by beating him and if you lose, you lose to the real deal. Win-win and oldschool wrestling mentality.

In wwe Mjf would come out rocking full ringgear, cut a 2 minute promo and then "Style and grace, Im never gonna beat the ..... Queendome when the queen bow down"

Steph - Maxwell, you seem to think you can do and say whatever you want in the wwe. Remember who you are working for. Stephanie leans in close and says GET OUT OF MY RING.

Next week he loses to Bobby Lashley on a random episode of raw.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
To be fair. He is a goof. The scarf alone screams obnoxious goof douche. You could never buy him beating someone like moxley straight up. And have you seen the way he sells Canadian destroyers? It's downright comical.

Someone put it perfectly. His a Heyman that wrestles.His a thinking mans wrestler. His a strategist.

I think you meant in WWE they would only focus on the comical elements of his character and never allow him to show his manipulative, scheming, cerebral side. He would be scrappy doo instead of the penguin Gotham version.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
It would have a different feel but I think MJF could go putdown for putdown with the guys you listed and not get buried. Now when it comes to the actual match, yeah he'd definitely lose that over and over again

Also, when Vince finds out MJF is funny, he's gonna be doing way more embarrassing things than having promos with DX

1 - 20 of 34 Posts