Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just because? How about for my fucking entertainment?

And why exactly does it make sense for Reigns to turn because Rollins is hurt and the circumstances but not Ambrose?
I'd argue in favour of a Reigns turn for one simple reason: The guy should have a heel run before becoming the company's top face. It would be foolish to waste the opportunity they have now to do something they won't be able to do in a year or two. Something that would, as well, better prepare him for any future heel work much further down the line AND something that would temporarily redirect him, providing him with a much broader base of experience than simply progressing up and up and up as a face without ever changing, growing or evolving.

·
Registered
22,706 Posts
I can understand why the turn would upset people, but it makes complete sense if its the route the choose to go.

Ambrose has been fighting alongside Roman ever since the split last year. He sacrificed himself to help Roman with the Wyatt's for about 4 months. When has Roman ever done anything similar for him? Didn't Roman completely ignore the situation with Seth to focus on the title at MITB last year? Dean fended for himself and got put on the shelf.

Dean has had his own succession of screwy misses. In all honesty, he's come even closer to the title than Roman has on two separate occasions. After all the sacrifices and missed opportunities, you don't think it would make sense for Dean to turn on Roman to capture what he's been after?

Maybe seeing another former comrade reach the pinnacle before him is too much for him to handle. There's plenty of justifiable reasons to make this move.
Plus they've teased a Ambrose turn before. He spent the 1st 2 PPVs of 2014 trying to eliminate Reigns from the Rumble and left Reigns and Ambrose to get their asses kicked by the Wyatt's at EC. Dean's almost turn seems to be forgotten.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The super obvious reason that a Reigns turn is more logical is all of the backlash the dude has been getting. All of the booing, the world title failures, etc. He has a reason to give in to the dark side and be selfish to get the championship. Ambrose doesn't have that reason. The only bullshit reason they could come up with is some sort of hidden jealousy of Reigns. What they may not see is that a lot of the crowd would easily back Ambrose over Reigns STILL.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Reigns needs to turn it is obvious to me. Flow with the crowd, let him fire off, it will be a natural environment for him, and he will have a better career because of it. Either way this goes Ambrose would lose the feud. It is better for his career if he is the face underdog in this filler feud and loses to heel Reigns. If Ambrose is the one to turn heel and then loses his career will be basically over at that point.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I completely disagree that it makes no sense, OP. Human beings are fickle. They are often susceptible to greed, jealousy, narcissism, etc.

It would be easy as hell to explain a Dean turn. He simply got sick of living in the shadow. He believes that he has what it takes to be champion so he screws over the front runner in Roman. He saw that siding with the authority made Seth the focal point of the company for a year and a half and he saw all of the accolades that came with it. Hell...at his core, the Dean Ambrose character has always been a lone wolf type of character. It shouldn't shock anyone crom a booking standpoint that he would look out for himself first and foremost.

Now I agree that Roman should be the one who turns, but to say that "it makes no sense" to turn Dean? Stop with that. EVERYONE is vulnerable to corruption. Dean is no different.

Reactions: Shenroe

·
Registered
48 Posts
Double heel turn in the finals, with the Authority.....Fingerpoke of Doom style.

:vince$

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I can understand why the turn would upset people, but it makes complete sense if its the route the choose to go.

Ambrose has been fighting alongside Roman ever since the split last year. He sacrificed himself to help Roman with the Wyatt's for about 4 months. When has Roman ever done anything similar for him? Didn't Roman completely ignore the situation with Seth to focus on the title at MITB last year? Dean fended for himself and got put on the shelf.

Dean has had his own succession of screwy misses. In all honesty, he's come even closer to the title than Roman has on two separate occasions. After all the sacrifices and missed opportunities, you don't think it would make sense for Dean to turn on Roman to capture what he's been after?

Maybe seeing another former comrade reach the pinnacle before him is too much for him to handle. There's plenty of justifiable reasons to make this move.
Except they wont use any of them. If Ambrose turns it'll be up to the fans to wonder why and fill in the blanks themselves. You make valid points but I seriously doubt they'll explain his turn as well as you did in that one paragraph, they'll have him come out next night to explain his actions as essentially say, "well I'm heel now, so boo me."

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I completely disagree that it makes no sense, OP. Human beings are fickle. They are often susceptible to greed, jealousy, narcissism, etc.

It would be easy as hell to explain a Dean turn. He simply got sick of living in the shadow. He believes that he has what it takes to be champion so he screws over the front runner in Roman. He saw that siding with the authority made Seth the focal point of the company for a year and a half and he saw all of the accolades that came with it. Hell...at his core, the Dean Ambrose character has always been a lone wolf type of character. It shouldn't shock anyone crom a booking standpoint that he would look out for himself first and foremost.

Now I agree that Roman should be the one who turns, but to say that "it makes no sense" to turn Dean? Stop with that. EVERYONE is vulnerable to corruption. Dean is no different.

Not this guy :cena

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Looks like Ambrose was kept off from a possible Final showdown with his running buddy which leaves an angle where Owens hits Finals and goes to do a Heel screwturn except Ambrose appears to save Reign's from what Owens did to him. Whether it leads to that happy brothers-in-arms finale or Ambrose inadvertantly costs the match for the swerve that keeps Reigns missing out again.
As for heel-turns, Ambrose naturally has the characteristics and personality to work a classy Heel but out of the two Reigns turn would be similar to what they did with Batista after his return reaction for reasoning although Vince won't allow that to happen midway through his Reigns character rebuild because it goes all against what Vince originally aims for.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Are you saying you rather have a generic reigns as champ.

He is in desperate need of a heel turn

Reactions: Shenroe

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Plus they've teased a Ambrose turn before. He spent the 1st 2 PPVs of 2014 trying to eliminate Reigns from the Rumble and left Reigns and Ambrose to get their asses kicked by the Wyatt's at EC. Dean's almost turn seems to be forgotten.
Very true. Oh how quickly they forget..

Except they wont use any of them. If Ambrose turns it'll be up to the fans to wonder why and fill in the blanks themselves. You make valid points but I seriously doubt they'll explain his turn as well as you did in that one paragraph, they'll have him come out next night to explain his actions as essentially say, "well I'm heel now, so boo me."
I could see them fumbling that way as well, but thats a different problem entirely. In all fairness, i think its highly unlikely that they get this lazy in booking around their future "number 1 guy". They've pushed Roman too hard at times, but they've done a hell of job recently making this all worthwhile from a continuity perspective (the entire Bray feud was particularly well done IMO).

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
You needed this in a bigger font size so these fools understand.

Ambrose turning means we will see him get his ass whipped all the time by romsn.

Yay
At least it will be a higp profile whooping, instead of getting punked by Tyler breeze/Wyatt in the middle of the card lmao.
And so what, heel punk, Rollins and every guy around that size got their ass handed to them on the reg yet they managed t escape with the victory for the most part.
Ambrose used to get beaten by guys in his early run and on FCW, he was fine.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Deep breaths, OP, it'll be okay.

"Dean wouldn't turn on his brother like that blah blah blah", get a grip! Heel turns are fun, both guys are treading water a bit at the mo (Dean especially) and some change would do them good. If what you say does come to pass and Dean gets cheered over Roman, then that will be interesting, it'll trigger some intrigue that's been sorely lacking.

Something needs to happen, I sure hopeWWE don't pass on the chance to make a change due to a few fanboys being worried about the integrity of a wrestler's character.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts