Wrestling Forum banner

Nexus reunion?

• Sounds awesome! Bring them back to rule the land.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • It's far too late and everyone is doing their own thing.

Votes: 13 72.2%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it work at this point? I always loved the group and felt like they were held down (especially Wade Barrett) due mostly to the resident neighborhood Superman. It just crossed my mind today how formidable they would be if they reformed. Barrett, Wyatt, Bryan (no neck ties involved), Ryback, and the lesser members could theoretically rule the WWE.

Would the current gimmicks of these guys even allow this reunion to happen? Would the WWE even acknowledge that Husky Harris existed? We've seen multiple stables reunite over the years for nostalgias sake, but could the Nexus ever truly get back together kayfabe wise? Furthermore, would you even want to see it?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I don't want to see it. I hated Nexus. One of the worst factions of all time. Other than Bryan and Barrett all guys were below-average talent.
Fair enough. I really thought their overall potential as a faction wasn't realized in their initial run. With their varying degrees of success as singles performers, bringing them back together could be highly interesting at this point. Maybe even hold this whole thing off and have current NXT stars "invade" the main roster looking to make names for themselves and have the Nexus defend the current product and say they were the originators.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
Most of the original members are jobbers or released now.

Bray Wyatt is much better as he is now and definitely should be no part of any Nexus reunion...plus Bray and Husky are different characters...they're just played by same person. To retcon Bray Wyatt into the Nexus would be silly as it would to bring back the charismaless Harris.

Bryan was in the Nexus for one week. Cena was a member of it longer than he was...plus he's now the most over face so putting in a heel stable would not be a good move.

Ryback...similar reasons to Waytt. Ryback is a much better character so bringing back Sheffield would be silly.

As for the others...they have been jobbers for so long, no one would take them seriously.

The only way it could work would be if Barrett put a stable together with some guys in NXT.

I was initially unhappy about the dropping the ball on it...but when you think of the wrestlers and gimmicks in the Nexus(Excluding Cena, Punk and Bryan obviously) it was overall a weak group and dropping it when they did was probably best.

Reactions: Alee Enn

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Bryan would be the leader now. Barrett and Ryback would be prominent. Otunga would be the guy getting coffee for the group. Not a lot of depth to Nexus in hindsight.
Bryan, Wyatt, Barrett, and Ryback are names at this point. I'd love to see the leadership dynamic between them as it currently stands. Barrett claiming he's the top dog based off of the groups prior run. Bryan (as a heel) stating the only reason Barrett lead the group is because he was exiled. Wyatt being more than difficult to control ( the wild card), etc. I think it's a writers dream.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Not a chance.

Bryan is too good to be placed back into that sort of angle. bray would make absolutely no sense at all with his character plus it would highlight to EVERYONE that he was once Husky Harris, the same applies to Ryback and his Reeves name, i would also include Axel but he is a complete non entity. The only person i thought who came out well from the nexus angle was Barrett, everyone else has had to change gimmicks etc since to get over.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of the original members are jobbers or released now.

Bray Wyatt is much better as he is now and definitely should be no part of any Nexus reunion...plus Bray and Husky are different characters...they're just played by same person. To retcon Bray Wyatt into the Nexus would be silly as it would to bring back the charismaless Harris.

Bryan was in the Nexus for one week. Cena was a member of it longer than he was...plus he's now the most over face so putting in a heel stable would not be a good move.

Ryback...similar reasons to Waytt. Ryback is a much better character so bringing back Sheffield would be silly.

As for the others...they have been jobbers for so long, no one would take them seriously.

The only way it could work would be if Barrett put a stable together with some guys in NXT.

I was initially unhappy about the dropping the ball on it...but when you think of the wrestlers and gimmicks in the Nexus(Excluding Cena, Punk and Bryan obviously) it was overall a weak group and dropping it when they did was probably best.
The one thing I took out of that reply was Barrett leading a current group of NXT stars. That's not a bad idea...

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
I dont even know if he was good but Tarver had a great look, wouldn't mind him being re signed to NXT and given another chance.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont even know if he was good but Tarver had a great look, wouldn't mind him being re signed to NXT and given another chance.
Tarver was more intimidating than the vast majority of that group. I really thought he had a decent future ahead.

60,006 Posts
Bryan, Wyatt, Barrett, and Ryback are names at this point. I'd love to see the leadership dynamic between them as it currently stands. Barrett claiming he's the top dog based off of the groups prior run. Bryan (as a heel) stating the only reason Barrett lead the group is because he was exiled. Wyatt being more than difficult to control ( the wild card), etc. I think it's a writers dream.
I didnt even consider Axel and Bray. i wonder if they would even acknowledge that Bray used to be the Army tank with a Ferrari engine?

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Ryback, Bryan and Barrett perhaps, but leave it at that.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Nexus could have led to more. Barrett might have been a big star if he were put over at Summerslam 2010.

Alas Nexus's time has passed. And seemingly Barrett's too as anything but an on and off IC belt holder. Bryan and Bray have moved on to better. There would be no point anymore.

Reactions: Alee Enn

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
people would start all being like oh will cm punk come back?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didnt even consider Axel and Bray. i wonder if they would even acknowledge that Bray used to be the Army tank with a Ferrari engine?
We all know the WWE by now. I doubt they would even mention their respective start up characters. A few video packages here and there could clear that right up in their world. That's what makes getting them together in their current form so intriguing. No going back to Husky Harris . Just reunite them as currently constructed. The Sparks would fly.

However, I'm wondering if it would really do any good. Bray is probably losing to Taker at Mania (absurd, but they won't let him lose two in a row at the showcase). Bryan is in flux (probably the third wheel in the championship match). Barrett is slumming it in the mid card title picture, and Ryback will just be inserted into some lame battle royale more than likely. Could they all lose at Mania and decide to get the band back together? I think it would help them get over more than ever if properly booked. Especially if they were to take down the Authority.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
However, I'm wondering if it would really do any good. Bray is probably losing to Taker at Mania (absurd, but they won't let him lose two in a row at the showcase). Bryan is in flux (probably the third wheel in the championship match). Barrett is slumming it in the mid card title picture, and Ryback will just be inserted into some lame battle royale more than likely. Could they all lose at Mania and decide to get the band back together? I think it would help them get over more than ever if properly booked. Especially if they were to take down the Authority.
Vince would never let that happen of course. He would be more likely to have Big Show go knockout punch crazy on everyone except maybe Bryan.

Not that I would mind seeing someone halt the Authority angle. Save Seth with J & J, it's largely worn out it's welcome in my opinion.

Reactions: CJ

·
Registered
893 Posts
It might be alright other then where's Michael Tarver these days? And didn't Justin Gabriel just quit?

Though all in all it could be alright for a little while

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Joking aside, it's probably too late for the Nexus to reunite. It would be cool if they did it around Wrestlemania 30 to face the Shield. Bad News Barrett had debuted his new gimmick, he wasn't wrestling though, he could have come out and inform the Shield that he's afraid he's got some bad news and then the Nexus theme hit. Barrett and Rybaxel would be sufficient for the reunion I think, but they could add more members like Slater and Gabriel to have a numbers advantage. Even if they were only meant to be fed to the Shield it would be far better than Kane and the New Age Outlaws.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
As big a fan of Nexus as I am (still consider them better than the shield ever was) it wouldn't work and it would be a step backwards for most of the careers and the ones it would help are either released already or very minor like Darren Young.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts