Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it will be a good decision? I personally don't think so. I mean, he's bound to feud with either Cena, Orton, or Barrett/Nexus if he successfully wins the WWE title, which is why i doubt he'll hold the strap long, because unlike Sheamus, i don't see Miz as a dominant figure, he looks minor league compared to other main eventers. Not to mention that he kinda looks weak at the moment because he lost to Daniel Bryan two times in a row in two PPVs and he failed bringing Bragging Rights trophy to Raw, not a good track record i must say. I'd say give him more believable victories over big names first before giving him a world title push because right now he's just not in a great shape as main eventer imo.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Well he's had some bad losses but he's also well established as the next in line to main event. He's now above the US Title and he's ready to main event. But he wont for a while yet, that's just because there is already a storyline going on, the Nexus and Orton.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I don't really understand why so many people are panicking about The Miz and him cashing in his Money in the Bank because he has a full year to use it by which means he has until the end of July which is a good few months after WrestleMania. There is no point in him cashing it in at Survivor Series because it would take a lot away from the main feud in the company in John Cena and Wade Barrett which at some point will involve the WWE title with The Royal Rumble being the most likely spot for Cena/Barrett 2.

Even Stevie Wonder can see that WWE are building up towards John Cena and Randy Orton at WrestleMania 27 as the main event and i think that the only question the remains is if Wade Barrett will be added to make it a Triple Threat and if John Cena turns heel as there is nowhere else that a heel turn of that magnitude should take place. Because WWE has done Cena/Orton every year since 2007 i wouldn't be surprised if WWE added Wade Barrett to the match because it would make a John Cena heel turn harder to see coming whereas a straight singles match between John Cena and Randy Orton everyone would know what was coming.

The one problem i have with everything though is the fact that if John Cena does turn heel then he will be having a lengthly run as WWE champion or the WWE title will be passed between John Cena and Randy Orton for at least a couple of months after WrestleMania which would mean that The Miz would have to either cash it in on a heel John Cena which makes no sense afterwards unless they are going to go for a heel vs heel feud in Cena/Miz or Randy Orton would win the WWE title and the lose it straight to The Miz therefore meaning The Miz would be involved in Cena/Orton because John Cena would get a rematch as the former champion.

What should have happened was for The Miz to have already cashed it in at SummerSlam and been WWE champion so that he could have been involved in a three way feud with Randy Orton and Sheamus because their feud was already dead going into that PPV so The Miz should have won it there and then defended it at Night of Champions which would have also been Sheamus's rematch and then dropped it to Randy Orton at the Hell in a Cell PPV before losing his rematch the next night on Raw when Wade Barrett won the Battle Royal to become number one contender.

That way The Miz would have already been WWE champion and avoided complicated booking if WWE are going to turn John Cena heel and also The Miz would have been established as a main event wrestler. The problem now is if they do turn John Cena heel where does The Miz cash in but if they don't turn John Cena heel then there isn't a problem because The Miz could cash in on either John Cena or Randy Orton and go on to feud with either one of them over the title for a couple of months.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
There's a reason why people are ready for The Miz to cash in - he's finally got nothing better to do.

From July through October, Miz always had something on his plate - being Alex Riley's pro on NXT Season 2, fueding with Daniel Bryan @ Night of Champions and Hell in a Cell over the US championship, and leading Team Raw @ Bragging Rights. But now it's November, and what has be doing lately? Nothing important. No fued, no title, no storyline, nothing. He's at a position right now where he's above the mid-card, but below the main-event. It's all about momentum, and if he's just going to wander around aimlessly with Alex Riley in limbo for a few months, that momentum will be severely diminished.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I think it would be a mistake for them to let him to cash in now...although I presume they will anyways.

Miz has done a lot of...losing lately and doesn't exactly seem credible for the main event. He lost a bunch to Daneil Bryan, they put him as the captain of Team RAW and he looked bad in that too, he's now doing nothing. It's not exactly the perfect build to winning your first world title. When he wins (I presume in the next two PPVs) he's going to look like a fluke winner. Now I don't mind that because I don't want him to become champion but his first reign may turn out like a CM Punk type reign where it just doesn't go right, and it fails.

If they want him to look at all decent when he first wins the title, they need to a least give him a smmall bit of momentum, because right now, he has none.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
All this talk of momentum and how the Miz supposedly isn't ready, let's go back a few months to Jack Swagger. Here is a guy that clearly wasn't ready to be a world champion. I'm basing this solely off of the "momentum" factor.

Anyways, Jack Swagger wins MITB and cashes it in the very same week he won it. Well Miz has had the briefcase for 4 months now. Despite a few losses here and there, Miz is still more credible than Jack Swagger is or was.

So yes, it would be a good decision. Besides, the winner of the MITB has never really been about having momentum. It's always been about cashing it in at the right opportunity.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
All this talk of momentum and how the Miz supposedly isn't ready, let's go back a few months to Jack Swagger. Here is a guy that clearly wasn't ready to be a world champion. I'm basing this solely off of the "momentum" factor.

Anyways, Jack Swagger wins MITB and cashes it in the very same week he won it. Well Miz has had the briefcase for 4 months now. Despite a few losses here and there, Miz is still more credible than Jack Swagger is or was.

So yes, it would be a good decision. Besides, the winner of the MITB has never really been about having momentum. It's always been about cashing it in at the right opportunity.
Yes, and Jack Swagger's reign completely failed...

Miz cashing in straight after he won would have had him winning the title with more momentum than he's got now...because he has none. He hasn't had any meaningful wins in months. Miz isn't credible enough to become WWE Champion right now imo...although he probably will pretty soon anyways.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts

lol at you comparing a massive failure of a reign to justify another. how can you use Jack Swaggers MITB win to justify anything being a good decision? that was an awful decision, which WWE obviously realized, having him drop the title relatively fast and now putting him back in the midcard, where they're going to try and build him back up. Swagger was practically a comedy act thrust into the main event.

plenty of people were more credible than Jack and are still more credible, that doesn't mean we should just toss them the title cuz Jack Swagger had it. if that's your bar, your bar is pretty low.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
lol at you comparing a massive failure of a reign to justify another. how can you use Jack Swaggers MITB win to justify anything being a good decision? that was an awful decision, which WWE obviously realized, having him drop the title relatively fast and now putting him back in the midcard, where they're going to try and build him back up. Swagger was practically a comedy act thrust into the main event.

plenty of people were more credible than Jack and are still more credible, that doesn't mean we should just toss them the title cuz Jack Swagger had it. if that's your bar, your bar is pretty low.
No no no, it wasn't a good decision to give Swagger a world title reign. I agree, and anyone can see that. My point is that while the Miz doesn't look credible right now, it really doesn't matter. Cashing in the MITB has always been about the element of surprise.

So Miz could cash it in at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble or whenever and it won't really matter how credible or how much momentum he has at the moment.

It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if before the Miz cashed in he was on a hot streak, but it's all about cashing it in at the most opportune time.

·
9,747 Posts
who cares if it matters or not, though? this is about if its a good decision or not, thats what the threads about.

it didn't matter with Jack Swagger, and that was an awful decision. just because it doesn't really matter doesn't make it a GOOD thing. of course they could make Miz champion, but how is that a good idea? he's completely eclipsed right now by Orton being huge and Cena/Nexus. he'd basically become what Sheamus was, playing third or fourth fiddle to other storylines, and have an absolutely mediocre to bad title reign. how is that a good decision, exactly? Miz would be fucked before his reign even started, which would....well, not be that good of a reign.

and i'm not even talking quality wise, but if i had to, again, he shouldn't win now. he still can't put on a proper wrestling match, unless he's in the ring with one of the best in the world, and i don't really want another guy in my main event who can't wrestle a proper wrestling match.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if before the Miz cashed in he was on a hot streak, but it's all about cashing it in at the most opportune time.
The most opportune time has come and gone about a dozen times. Both Sheamus and Orton have been laid out by Nexus on several occasions and Miz still didn't cash in. At this point, it's just his prop. I doubt Miz will cash in on Wade Barrett if he wins, since Nexus will never allow that. And cashing on Orton will be near impossible with the way Orton is booked, kicking out of AAs and such. I doubt Cena would allow it to happen to Orton at SS anyway, since he's the good guy.

So it'll probably be a while. Maybe when Nexus is falling apart, and Barrett is on his own with the title.

·
9,747 Posts
At this point, it's just his prop.
so true. the WWE loves giving Miz props, because they continue to try and make him more important. it's not like he uses them, he just has them around to justify his being.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
WWE must be planning something, with The Miz not even being on the card at the minute....

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
so true. the WWE loves giving Miz props, because they continue to try and make him more important. it's not like he uses them, he just has them around to justify his being.

Add to these the unified tag titles, and Big Show while he was with him too.

Since Miz won the US Title there's been maybe a couple of weeks where he didn't have any prop. He's continuously getting these things to make him seem like a bigger superstar.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
It's not a good move to have Wade Barrett's first reign last less than 5 minutes, or a day, 2 weeks, or anything less than a reign that ends before TLC, so if Barrett's going to win, then no. Wait for Cena to beat Barrett at TLC.

If Orton is going to win, then yes, it's a good move. He's doing exactly what he's capable of handling as a champion - absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

WWE have invested so much time and energy on The Miz since like forever ago and you want him to just end up like Jack Swagger?

Miz isn't type of a guy who could bounce back to ME easily if he gets sent to midcard again which most likely will happen if he wins the WWE title and then loses it shortly after due to busy crowds in ME scene. He's not credible enough in the ring yet to be able to stand toe and toe with guys like Cena, Orton, or even Barrett because they all are believable as main eventers due to already pinning several big names in the past and they are currently involved in a big storyline, they have tons of momentum and the fans actually see them as top guys. The Miz has had none of these. The Miz can't even beat Daniel Bryan. At least if you want him to be a proper main eventer, give him some momentum, so his reign won't fail hard like Swagger when he finally wins the big one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts